ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a taller, worse shooting Ja Morant to me.

Seems you don’t understand how the NBA drafts based on this conversation though.
Ja Morant averaged 6.3 assists his freshman year and 10 assists his sophomore year. He clearly had PG skills. Ivey hasn’t shown those same skills.

I shouldn’t argue with you though since you have a “recruiting website”. Clearly you are an expert.

I would put Ayala ahead of him as well.

tenor.gif

Reactions: joe for prez
Lol Ivey isn’t in the same universe as Westbrook athletically. He won’t last long in the league if he is trying to be a PG. Then again, as a Purdue alum, he likely won’t last long in the league anyways.

Shorter, less athletic, worse shooting Oladipo.

He’s not shorter than Vic lol. And you’re saying he’s less athletic and a worse shooter than a top 5 pick like it’s a negative? Lol

Ja Morant averaged 6.3 assists his freshman year and 10 assists his sophomore year. He clearly had PG skills. Ivey hasn’t shown those same skills.

I shouldn’t argue with you though since you have a “recruiting website”. Clearly you are an expert.
I spent roughly 5 pages arguing with Purdue guys that they are overrated by some of national media sites in this thread. So I have no bias towards Ivey.

Unfortunately you are worst poster on here, and anybody that takes the same side on an argument as you should immediately question how they got to that point. You are out of your depth knowledge wise and clearly don’t understand how the NBA drafts.

I’m clearly not the only one who thinks Ayala is currently better. Maybe your Purdue bias clouds your judgment?
And the Maryland fan lol This is for next season. Ivey has more potential than any guard in the league. It’s why he’s projected borderline lottery. It’ll be fun to see this these takes brought back up during the season. You wanna believe Wiggins and Ayala are better players, by all means feel free

He’s not shorter than Vic lol. And you’re saying he’s less athletic and a worse shooter than a top 5 pick like it’s a negative? Lol
Vic is 6’5”. Ivey is 6’4”.

Ivey doesn’t have elite athleticism, and is a below average shooter. He doesn’t have PG skills. Tell me again why he would be a lottery pick?

I spent roughly 5 pages arguing with Purdue guys that they are overrated by some of national media sites in this thread. So I have no bias towards Ivey.

Unfortunately you are worst poster on here, and anybody that takes the same side on an argument as you should immediately question how they got to that point. You are out of your depth knowledge wise and clearly don’t understand how the NBA drafts.
You used Ja as an example of how Ivey can be a PG in the NBA, yet Ja was an elite facilitator in college, and Ivey isn’t close to that. Yet I’m the one who doesn’t understand basketball lol. Stick to fanboying over Illinois.

And the Maryland fan lol This is for next season. Ivey has more potential than any guard in the league. It’s why he’s projected borderline lottery. It’ll be fun to see this these takes brought back up during the season. You wanna believe Wiggins and Ayala are better players, by all means feel free
There are like two people that have put Ivey in their way too early first round picks, and you fanboys are taking it as gospel.

Wiggins and Ayala have both proven to be better college players than Ivey at this point. Ivey will have to make a huge jump to pass either.

He was PG in high school and college, you fvcking idiot. He didn’t start at UCLA at PG, but he was the backup PG. he’s always been a PG. He didn’t transition to PG in the NBA because of his athleticism. Fvcking Fvck
He did. He played and was a shooting guard on every scouting site. Google it. Not hard.

He played PG in high school. Google it, it’s not hard.
Next time just look it up. Not difficult not to look like a fool. Rivals and 247 have him listed as a shooting guard when he was in HS.

It was also brought up during the draft that year that they questioned whether or not he could transition to point guard.

Just admit you were wrong and we can we can be done with this.

Weird hill to die on, especially when the sites are still out there with him as a SG.
You’re right this is a weird hill to die on. IDGAF. You have somehow managed to come in and make yourself one of the worst posters on the board and I can’t wait until Hail runs you off in the regular season.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Your right this is a weird hill to die on. IDGAF. You have somehow managed to come in and make yourself one of the worst posters on the board and I can’t wait until Hail runs you off in the regular season.
Russ wasn’t a point guard. You stated he was, then proceeded to argue with me when I told you otherwise. You chose this by not doing research on something you clearly didn’t know about.

Vic is 6’5”. Ivey is 6’4”.

Ivey doesn’t have elite athleticism, and is a below average shooter. He doesn’t have PG skills. Tell me again why he would be a lottery pick?

If you don’t think Ivey has elite athleticism then it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s literally already being projected to be a lottery pick lol.

Next time just admit you were wrong instead of doubling down. It’ll save us both the time.
His wiki literally listed him as a pg in high school. Sorry, I didn’t scour the interwebs for mid 2000s recruiting data. We get it, you have no fvcking earthly idea what a vagina feels like because at 10:30 at night your looking through old recruiting sites to see if Westbrook was recruited as a PG or SG. Just do us all, and most importantly yourself, a favor and kill yourself.

Oh and idgaf anymore, you seem to keep forgetting that, so enjoy my ignore list. I’ll take you off once hail gets into you in a couple months so I can laugh.

If you don’t think Ivey has elite athleticism then it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s literally already being projected to be a lottery pick lol.
He has elite athleticism for Purdue, no doubt. In the NBA, his athleticism is pretty average.

He is being projected a lottery pick by a couple people. He is also being projected 2nd round or not even drafted by just as many sites. Maybe just let Ivey actually accomplish something declaring him an All-American and future HOFer. This sounds like you guys obsessing over how great Ethan Morton was going to be last year.

His wiki literally listed him as a pg in high school. Sorry, I didn’t scour the interwebs for mid 2000s recruiting data. We get it, you have no fvcking earthly idea what a vagina feels like because at 10:30 at night your looking through old recruiting sites to see if Westbrook was recruited as a PG or SG. Just do us all, and most importantly yourself, a favor and kill yourself.
Sorry, I can remember things from more than 4 minutes ago.

Here is a tip buddy. Stick to what you know. Because when you stray off the path, people who know more than you know you when are making shit up.

Btw one google is all it takes. Not difficult and would’ve prevented you from spending this much time arguing with a “virgin” like me.

He has elite athleticism for Purdue, no doubt. In the NBA, his athleticism is pretty average.

He is being projected a lottery pick by a couple people. He is also being projected 2nd round or not even drafted by just as many sites. Maybe just let Ivey actually accomplish something declaring him an All-American and future HOFer. This sounds like you guys obsessing over how great Ethan Morton was going to be last year.

He has elite athleticism for a college player regardless of where he plays. Nice hyperbole on Morton too.

He has elite athleticism for a college player regardless of where he plays. Nice hyperbole on Morton too.
He doesn’t. There are guys like him in the Big Ten every single year. There are a ton of guys with better athleticism each year in college basketball. Maybe you have a different definition of elite, but to me that’s top tier with only a handful of players. He’s a solid athlete. Not an elite one.

The Morton mention was just a jab at how wrong you were last year about predicting certain players. Every team overhypes their team and players every offseason, so you guys aren’t alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT