ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Partly, yeah. There’s no other guard who projects higher, or has his skill set/measurables. He has all the tools and will make first team.

Wagner looks like a lock top 15 nba draft pick. Did not make 1st team B1G in either coaches or media.

Partly, yeah. There’s no other guard who projects higher, or has his skill set/measurables. He has all the tools and will make first team.
Tamar Bates is 6'5", 190. Seen as a mid first rounder in 2023. Currently ranked 30th by Rivals. Just for comparison, Ivey was rated 79th coming out of HS.

To say there is NO OTHER guard who projects higher isn't completely true.

Oh and idgaf anymore, you seem to keep forgetting that, so enjoy my ignore list. I’ll take you off once hail gets into you in a couple months so I can laugh.
Good move, bMORE! I was getting worried for you. 😂. Arch is Rafi, broseph.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
He doesn’t? He has average to above average athleticism at the next level. He has nowhere near elite athleticism in the NBA.
Saying he has average to above average athleticism compared to NBA players means he’s extremely athletic lmao.

Dude was a freshman guard and had one-handed put-back dunks, & more blocks at the rim than any guard I’ve watched for a long time. If you don’t consider Ivey has having elite athleticism in college, then like literally nobody does.

Reactions: boiler1987
Ivey is pretty damn athletic. In fact that's one of his key characteristics. This has gotten out of hand.
Yeah, I’d reserve the term “elite” for the Very few but your pretty damn athletic term is pretty strong. Here is a quick example of his explosiveness. There is better out there but I don’t have time to find them.

He doesn’t. There are guys like him in the Big Ten every single year. There are a ton of guys with better athleticism each year in college basketball. Maybe you have a different definition of elite, but to me that’s top tier with only a handful of players. He’s a solid athlete. Not an elite one.

The Morton mention was just a jab at how wrong you were last year about predicting certain players. Every team overhypes their team and players every offseason, so you guys aren’t alone.

It’s okay to admit his athleticism is top tier. I know it’s difficult for you to say something positive about a Purdue player lol.

Vic is 6’5”. Ivey is 6’4”.

Ivey doesn’t have elite athleticism, and is a below average shooter. He doesn’t have PG skills. Tell me again why he would be a lottery pick?

Just listen to the experts.

Also, this block on Morsell at the 6 minute mark is just an absurd athletic play for a guard. Name me 3 other guards in the Big Ten the past 3 years who have made plays like that. You said there are guys like him in the league all the time, I’d be very interested to hear who matches Ivey’s skill set. Your best comp is Oladipo who played in the league 10 fvcking years ago. @NC_Trojan10

His athleticism is what makes him an NBA prospect. It's what makes him a good defender and a distributor. Getting his man out of position and requiring help gets others open. But I want to see his shot improve before you can say he's a 1st team all B1G. I'll be surprised if he's not at least a 2nd team all B1G.

His athleticism is what makes him an NBA prospect. It's what makes him a good defender and a distributor. Getting his man out of position and requiring help gets others open. But I want to see his shot improve before you can say he's a 1st team all B1G. I'll be surprised if he's not at least a 2nd team all B1G.
I think his 80% FT numbers suggest the shooting is there. Like others have stated previously, I wouldn’t put too much stock into his shooting numbers. He had a foot injury early in the season that slowed his progress. Yes he took some ill-advised shots but that’s just part of the learning curve as a freshman. You live with those type of mistakes. Just like Carsen Edwards.

I think his 80% FT numbers suggest the shooting is there. Like others have stated previously, I wouldn’t put too much stock into his shooting numbers. He had a foot injury early in the season that slowed his progress. Yes he took some ill-advised shots but that’s just part of the learning curve as a freshman. You live with those type of mistakes. Just like Carsen Edwards.
Oh it can but Carsen was a 34% 3pt shooter his freshmen year and actually was 39% in conference. Ivey at 26% and 22% in conference is a different story. He wouldn't be the first athletic guy who struggles with his outside shot. And he was a 73% ft shooter, that jump to 80% is a big one. You look at Eric hunter, he was an 81% ft shooter and shot 27% from 3. I think Ivey shoots anywhere in the 30s, mid 30s especially and he needs to jet to the pros. But the point was his shooting is to me what's in the wait and see to see how good he can really be.

Reactions: MGC_07
Oh it can but Carsen was a 34% 3pt shooter his freshmen year and actually was 39% in conference. Ivey at 26% and 22% in conference is a different story. He wouldn't be the first athletic guy who struggles with his outside shot. And he was a 73% ft shooter, that jump to 80% is a big one. You look at Eric hunter, he was an 81% ft shooter and shot 27% from 3. I think Ivey shoots anywhere in the 30s, mid 30s especially and he needs to jet to the pros. But the point was his shooting is to me what's in the wait and see to see how good he can really be.
I get it but nba scouts aren’t going to back off because of the shooting numbers. He does a ton of other things really well that make you OK with taking him as a high pick. And I just think he’s going to be the alpha next year for Purdue who should be a top 15ish team all season. Hence why I think he’ll be unanimous first team.

Saying he has average to above average athleticism compared to NBA players means he’s extremely athletic lmao.

Dude was a freshman guard and had one-handed put-back dunks, & more blocks at the rim than any guard I’ve watched for a long time. If you don’t consider Ivey has having elite athleticism in college, then like literally nobody does.
He had 1 put back dunk lol. He had like 10 dunks max on the year. You can watch every highlight from his freshman year in this video.

There is little point in going back and forth with you on this, as you guys are set in your ways, but he is not an elite athlete at the college level. He’s a really good athlete for the college level, but certainly not elite (Zion, Oladipo, Ja Morant, etc). If you can find me any scouting report that calls Jaden Ivey an elite athlete, I’ll stop (obviously it can’t be written by a fanboy like Nuebs).

“Solid Athlete”

He had 1 put back dunk lol. He had like 10 dunks max on the year. You can watch every highlight from his freshman year in this video.

There is little point in going back and forth with you on this, as you guys are set in your ways, but he is not an elite athlete at the college level. He’s a really good athlete for the college level, but certainly not elite (Zion, Oladipo, Ja Morant, etc). If you can find me any scouting report that calls Jaden Ivey an elite athlete, I’ll stop (obviously it can’t be written by a fanboy like Nuebs).

“Solid Athlete”
He had a dunk like every game you weirdo. Just an odd hill to die on

Would you put Ivey and Zion in the same tier athletically?
Lol. Yeah our bad Ivey probably isn’t athletic as the most athletic basketball player on the planet. No one here is saying that. He is an elite athlete at the college level. Period. In CBB right now, who is more athletic? I’d love to see your list.

Reactions: otte21
Also, this block on Morsell at the 6 minute mark is just an absurd athletic play for a guard. Name me 3 other guards in the Big Ten the past 3 years who have made plays like that. You said there are guys like him in the league all the time, I’d be very interested to hear who matches Ivey’s skill set. Your best comp is Oladipo who played in the league 10 fvcking years ago. @NC_Trojan10

Take the bet, coward.

Lol. Yeah our bad Ivey probably isn’t athletic as the most athletic basketball player on the planet. Our fault.
Would you have him in the same tier as Ja Morant? Anthony Edwards? London Ball?

Calling him a top tier athlete means you do consider him on the same tier athletically.

Take the bet, coward.

The 25.8% from three suggests it isn’t. He shot worse in the second half of the year than the first. Not admitting he’s a bad shooter is like NC not admitting he’s athletic.

The 25.8% from three suggests it isn’t. He shot worse in the second half of the year than the first. Not admitting he’s a bad shooter is like NC not admitting he’s athletic.
I’m not saying he’s a good shooter. I’m just saying he’s not going to be a career 25% 3 point shooter.

I get it but nba scouts aren’t going to back off because of the shooting numbers. He does a ton of other things really well that make you OK with taking him as a high pick. And I just think he’s going to be the alpha next year for Purdue who should be a top 15ish team all season. Hence why I think he’ll be unanimous first team.
What are your projected numbers for Ivey?

Deal, ban bet that Ivey doesn’t make either the Coaches or Media Big Ten 1st team. Deal?
Sure. You’re just going to make new username anyway so no real point in betting with you. But I’d love to see your list of college players right now who are more athletic than Ivey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT