ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Ivey very well could end up all B1G first team. It's very homerish to say you'll be surprised if he isn't. Purdue fans always scared to criticize their own.

He’s going to to be preseason all B1G, so not sure why it is so crazy that you would take offense.
Huge difference between being pre season all big ten and being SHOCKED that he wouldn’t get 1st team all big ten lol.

What better guards are there in the conference?
Duane Washington, Ron Harper, Eric Ayala, Aaron Wiggins….

It’s one thing to say you wouldn’t be surprised if Ivey made the 1st team. It’s completely different to say you would be SHOCKED if he didn’t.

Based on what? Lol

BTW, don’t forget two years ago when Nojel Eastern was voted as pre-season 2nd team all big ten. Pre season rankings mean absolutely nothing.
You just compared Nojel Eastern to Jaden Ivey? Man, you really do suffer from a mental illness.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I'll be surprised if Ivey isn't 1st team All Big Ten and in contention for the all American teams.

Hunter Dickinson was a 2nd team All American and didn't make Big Ten first team. Locking Ivey to be 1st team all conference after a year he shot 38% from the field and 21% from three is interesting. Certainly possible but there's a lot of talent in the conference.

Oh well if the Purdue homers are saying it, it must be true!!! The expectations from your fan base for Ivey are extremely high. We will see if he lives up to them… lol

yup just Purdue fans lol. Kid is going to make the FIBA U19 team. And is projected as high as #14 next year by Schmitz and Givony. Why do you let your hatred for Purdue blind you from the obvious? Anyone with a set of eyes can see this kid is primed for a breakout sophomore year.

Hunter Dickinson was a 2nd team All American and didn't make Big Ten first team. Locking Ivey to be 1st team all conference after a year he shot 38% from the field and 21% from three is interesting. Certainly possible but there's a lot of talent in the conference.
And centers/freshman usually get the shaft when it comes to those type of teams. Ivey had a foot injury that slowed his progress. Took awhile for him to adjust but he really settled in nicely down the stretch. So while your stat pulling looks nice, but it really doesn’t tell the whole story.

And centers/freshman usually get the shaft when it comes to those type of teams. Ivey had a foot injury that slowed his progress until the end of the year. Took awhile for him to adjust but he really settled in nicely down the stretch. So while your stat pulling looks nice, but it really doesn’t tell the whole story.

My entire point is that the conference is loaded with talent so it shouldn't be surprising if someone really good still doesn't crack the top 5.

yup just Purdue fans lol. Kid is going to make the FIBA U19 team. And is projected as high as #14 next year by Schmitz and Givony. Why do you let your hatred for Purdue blind you from the obvious? Anyone with a set of eyes can see this kid is primed for a breakout sophomore year.
We will see if it happens. It could. It’s far fetched to say you would be shocked if he wasn’t a top 5 player in the conference though. The only two players in the conference that fit that description are Hunter Dickinson and TJD as those are the only two returning All- Americans.

My entire point is that the conference is loaded with talent so it shouldn't be surprising if someone really good still doesn't crack the top 5.
Sure. I honestly don’t give a shit if he makes those type of teams. I still think he’s going to make a huge jump regardless.

And centers/freshman usually get the shaft when it comes to those type of teams. Ivey had a foot injury that slowed his progress. Took awhile for him to adjust but he really settled in nicely down the stretch. So while your stat pulling looks nice, but it really doesn’t tell the whole story.
What were Ivey’s stats his last 10 games?
(This includes his last two games where he went 8/20 from 3).

We will see if it happens. It could. It’s far fetched to say you would be shocked if he wasn’t a top 5 player in the conference though. The only two players in the conference that fit that description are Hunter Dickinson and TJD as those are the only two returning All- Americans.
TJD wasn’t even a unanimous all big ten 1st teamer.

What were Ivey’s stats his last 10 games?
(This includes his last two games where he went 8/20 from 3).
I don’t know or care to look. He’s never going to be the most efficient player out there. He’s a high volume scorer. He was Purdue’s focal point on the perimeter and played great down the stretch. You live with inefficient stretches for a player with his talent.

It will be a shock. Ivey is a better NBA prospect and better talent than every guard you mentioned above.
It would only be a shock to Purdue fans. NBA prospect has literally nothing to do with being on the All-Big Ten first team. All the guards I mentioned above are more accomplished Big Ten guards.

It would only be a shock to Purdue fans. NBA prospect has literally nothing to do with being on the All-Big Ten first team. All the guards I mentioned above are more accomplished Big Ten guards.
and their past accomplishments have zero bearing on the 2022 All Big Ten team.

Which re-enforces my point regarding really talented players in the conference.
Big 10 had an unreal amount of good centers last year. The list of guards this year isn’t that great. If Ivey doesn’t make 1st team it will be a shock.

and their past accomplishments have zero bearing on the 2022 All Big Ten team.
That’s completely untrue. Ivey would need to make a major leap just to get to their level from last season. He would need an even bigger leap to surpass them (assuming they don’t improve which is unlikely).

Again, Ivey could make the 1st team, but it wouldn’t be a shock if he didn’t. Especially given that Purdue has Trevion Williams and others to take shots away.

That’s completely untrue. Ivey would need to make a major leap just to get to their level from last season. He would need an even bigger leap to surpass them (assuming they don’t improve which is unlikely).

Again, Ivey could make the 1st team, but it wouldn’t be a shock if he didn’t. Especially given that Purdue has Trevion Williams and others to take shots away.
Just wait until FIBA is over. He is going to be producing right next to lotto picks. I’ll happily offer you a ban bet. Hell, I was saying this shit back in January and was still laughed at. My eye for talent is unmatched bub. Who’s going to check Ivey on IU?

Big 10 had an unreal amount of good centers last year. The list of guards this year isn’t that great. If Ivey doesn’t make 1st team it will be a shock.

Let's say two spots went to the dominant bigs that we again have (ie. Dickinson, TJD, Liddell, Williams).

That leaves 3 spots for the rest of the conferences guards and forward. I don't think it'd be shocking if Ivey isn't one of the best remaining three players in the conference. It's absolutely possible but there's still alot of talent that it shouldn't be shocking.

Just wait until FIBA is over. He is going to be producing right next to lotto picks. I’ll happily offer you a ban bet. Hell, I was saying this shit back in January and was still laughed at. My eye for talent is unmatched bub. Who’s going to check Ivey on IU?

I'm not going to ban bet on it, but what time of odds would you give me? Something that would be a shock if it didn't happen should be getting like 8:1 odds to bet against I'd think.

Duane Washington, Ron Harper, Eric Ayala, Aaron Wiggins….

It’s one thing to say you wouldn’t be surprised if Ivey made the 1st team. It’s completely different to say you would be SHOCKED if he didn’t.

The conference is also adding a boat load of talent. 10 top 50 players and 4 of them are 5 stars. I don't predict any freshmen make first team all conference but it wouldn't be shocking if 1 did.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Lol well at least you are humble. What are your terms for the ban bet?

What does IU have to do with anything? We are talking about if Ivey is going to be voted a top 5 player in the conference or not.

Let's say two spots went to the dominant bigs that we again have (ie. Dickinson, TJD, Liddell, Williams).

That leaves 3 spots for the rest of the conferences guards and forward. I don't think it'd be shocking if Ivey isn't one of the best remaining three players in the conference. It's absolutely possible but there's still alot of talent that it shouldn't be shocking.
I think 3 of those bigs you mentioned above will be on the 1st team. That leaves two spots for Ivey.

4 centers made the first team this season. 5 players (probably) return from the 1st and 2nd teams. 7 players (probably) return from the 1st 2nd and 3rd teams.

FIRST TEAM
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
AYO DOSUNMU, ILLINOIS
LUKA GARZA, IOWA
E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
Trevion Williams, Purdue

SECOND TEAM

Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

Isaiah Livers, Michigan
Franz Wagner, Michigan

THIRD TEAM
Marcus Carr, Minnesota
Aaron Henry, Michigan State
Duane Washington Jr., Ohio State
Ron Harper Jr., Rutgers

D’Mitrik Trice, Wisconsin

giphy.gif
You just compared Nojel Eastern to Jaden Ivey? Man, you really do suffer from a mental illness.

4 centers made the first team this season. 5 players (probably) return from the 1st and 2nd teams. 7 players (probably) return from the 1st 2nd and 3rd teams.

FIRST TEAM
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
AYO DOSUNMU, ILLINOIS
LUKA GARZA, IOWA
E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
Trevion Williams, Purdue

SECOND TEAM

Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

Isaiah Livers, Michigan
Franz Wagner, Michigan