ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he absolutely killed it when Ayo didn't play, so... me too?
Trent Frazier shots per 40 vs Illinois team wins:

Year.......FGA per 40.....Illinois W-L

2017-18 16.4 14-18
2018-19 14.8 12-21
2019-20 11.1 21-10
2020-21 9.4 24-7

Last edited:
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
You realize how feedback works right?

The rumor is that he has been guaranteed by some teams a 2nd round draft pick.

Just depends if that’s enough for him. Nothing is final, right now at least.
He’s going start selling gear on the players trunk soon. The delusion from Illinois fans and insiders is something, kofi has said he was gone after this year since last year yet they still hold out hope.

He’s going start selling gear on the players trunk soon. The delusion from Illinois fans and insiders is something, kofi has said he was gone after this year since last year yet they still hold out hope.
I think a lot of Kofi coming back hinges on the NIL. If he can make money for entire year at the college level, be a NPOY frontrunner, and boost his draft stock to a late first round pick next year. Whether or not Underwood can make the sell is the question.

A decision hasn’t been made yet.

Ayo was also in this exact same boat last year, and made the decision you claim is too far out there.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Trent Frazier shots per 40 vs Illinois team wins:

Year.......FGA per 40.....Illinois W-L

2017-18 16.4 14-18
2018-19 14.8 12-21
2019-20 11.1 21-10
2020-21 9.4 24-7
We’re going to ignore the roster and scheme changes? And Belo is going to be the lead guard anyway.

I think a lot of Kofi coming back hinges on the NIL. If he can make money for entire year at the college level, be a NPOY frontrunner, and boost his draft stock to a late first round pick next year. Whether or not Underwood can make the sell is the question.

A decision hasn’t been made yet.

Ayo was also in this exact same boat last year, and made the decision you claim is too far out there.

KIds dont care about being a first rd picks or even picked at all anymore. CBB has been turned into the enemy, kofi wants to go and his people want to go, he's gone. Most these pro kids have zero desire to stay in cbb. Illinois was lucky they were able to get 2 years out of him.

Reactions: jwardelt
Looks like Illinois improved its roster and scheme, which led Frazier to shoot less and the team to win.

I kid…

…sort of
When the Cousy award winner is taking youre shots, that’s not really an insult.

We’re going to ignore the roster and scheme changes?
That's kind of the point. He's reasonably efficient when he's the 4th or 5th option. If he's expected to be among the top 2.....

R56f1a70cff2a0ffa54e5bcf4f77922cc

Reactions: jwardelt
1) he literally said the same thing last year.

2) nobody knows delusion quite like you.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
KIds dont care about being a first rd picks or even picked at all anymore. CBB has been turned into the enemy, kofi wants to go and his people want to go, he's gone. Most these pro kids have zero desire to stay in cbb. Illinois was lucky they were able to get 2 years out of him.
They care about guaranteed contracts. If he thinks a team will do that in the second round, he will stay in the draft.

Kofi wants to be a pro, no doubt about that. But his camp was able to steer him to an approved agent because they wanted him to be able to come back.

That's kind of the point. He's reasonably efficient when he's the 4th or 5th option. If he's expected to be among the top 2.....

R56f1a70cff2a0ffa54e5bcf4f77922cc
Yeah, if you use a 10,000 foot view and don’t look at the actual stats.

When you actually dig into the stats, he’s still good. His role as a freshman was as the primary ball handler and his efficiency stats as a pnr ball handler (67th percentile) and in ISOs (86th percentile) were good and better. He became a spot up shooter, and his spot up stats were elite. He can do both now, and he has gotten better in other areas.

Wishful thinking, Bob!

Yeah, if you use a 10,000 foot view and don’t look at the actual stats.

When you actually dig into the stats, he’s still good. His role as a freshman was as the primary ball handler and his efficiency stats as a pnr ball handler (67th percentile) and in ISOs (86th percentile) were good and better. He became a spot up shooter, and his spot up stats were elite. He can do both now, and he has gotten better in other areas.

Wishful thinking, Bob!
His spot up stats were good because he played with guys that helped him get wide open. And even then, his eFG% of 51.2% last year was just solid but far from elite.

I think he's very good defensively but am not convinced he will be anything more than decent offensively unless other guys step up and allow him to remain the 4th option.

His spot up stats were good because he played with guys that helped him get wide open. And even then, his eFG% of 51.2% last year was just solid but far from elite.

I think he's very good defensively but am not convinced he will be anything more than decent offensively unless other guys step up and allow him to remain the 4th option.
I think he can be a third option, but I’d agree overall. Would rather him be a spot up shooter rather than rely on him to create.

Reactions: MGC_07

I guess it’s a good thing he has an elite passer and creator to pass him the ball next season too then? No one is saying he should be the best offensive guy on the court, but acting like a guy that has an off chance to score 2000 points in his career is bad on offense is probably not the best take.

I guess it’s a good thing he has an elite passer and creator to pass him the ball next season too then? No one is saying he should be the best offensive guy on the court, but acting like a guy that has an off chance to score 2000 points in his career is bad on offense is probably not the best take.
image.png

Reactions: MGC_07 and Jaycg15
You realize how feedback works right?

The rumor is that he has been guaranteed by some teams a 2nd round draft pick.

Just depends if that’s enough for him. Nothing is final, right now at least.
How many people need to tell you he is leaving before you accept it? These verified accounts must have some pretty good sources in order to be putting that out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Archetype19
Who will be your best scorer if it isn’t Frazier?

• Haha
I don’t know if he wants it connected to him here, so I’ll let him share if he wants.

Haha he has tripled down on this idea that Houstan has a low shot release. I can’t take any “scout” serious if they watch Houstan shoot and legitimately think that.

Guestavo is a Michigan fan that used to post here and has a successful recruiting site. He’s one of the biggest idiots to ever grace this forum

Last edited:
Is he going to play 200 games?

Indiana fans in this thread laughing at anyone else is comical. You guys have done nothing but thump your chests every offseason for the past 5 to follow it up with a shoe full of piss.
You guys have made 1 tournament in the last 8 years and got bounced in the 2nd round after getting destroyed by a 9 seed lol...

Looks like Illinois fans are winning the offseason chest thumping contest this year lol

Haha he has tripled down on this idea that Houstan has a low shot release. I can’t take any “scout” serious if they watch Houstan shoot and legitimately think that.

Guestavo is a Michigan fan that used to post here and has a successful recruiting site. He’s one of the biggest idiots to ever grace this forum
There is a reason he isn’t posting a link to his “scouting” site lol. I bet he has Luke Goode in his top 5 for 2021 lol

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
You guys have made 1 tournament in the last 8 years and got bounced in the 2nd round after getting destroyed by a 9 seed lol...

Looks like Illinois fans are winning the offseason chest thumping contest this year lol
2 tournaments. Thank you. Two embarrassing hires in a row, and potentially a third. Enjoy!

There is a reason he isn’t posting a link to his “scouting” site lol. I bet he has Luke Goode in his top 5 for 2021 lol
It's not a scouting site. Can you guys jerk each other off at the library with the off chance you learn to read by osmosis?

2 tournaments. Thank you. Two embarrassing hires in a row, and potentially a third. Enjoy!
Uh no, you have made 1 tournament in the last 8 years. Groce didn’t make it his last 4 years and Underwood has only made it once in his 4 years.

1 of those embarrassing hires has done far more in the Big Ten than either of your last two coaches.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT