ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jwardelt, UK poaching Tucker too? :D
No. Alando was an interim coach. Can only be that for a couple years. He's got a young family. Never thought he'd be here long term. Not sure if he's going back to old position within AD or what's gonna happen. I'm hoping we snag some 60+ year old white NBA assistant to fill in the gaps.

No. Alando was an interim coach. Can only be that for a couple years. He's got a young family. Never thought he'd be here long term. Not sure if he's going back to old position within AD or what's gonna happen. I'm hoping we snag some 60+ year old white NBA assistant to fill in the gaps.
Does he need to be white? Just kidding. You’re Wisconsin.

giphy.gif

It would have sucked if I had to go to Iowa for a 6th year because I was on probation with the state of Iowa following a raid targeting my roommate during my 5th year at Iowa.

Reactions: jwardelt
PG: Devante Jones
SG: Eli Brooks
SF: Caleb Houstan
PF: Brandon Johns
C: Hunter Dickinson

bench:
Frankie Collins
Zeb Jackson
Kobe Bufkin
Isaiah Barnes
Terrance Williams
Mousa Diabate
Will Tschetter

That’s a lot of talent

PG: Devante Jones
SG: Eli Brooks
SF: Caleb Houstan
PF: Brandon Johns
C: Hunter Dickinson

bench:
Frankie Collins
Zeb Jackson
Kobe Bufkin
Isaiah Barnes
Terrance Williams
Mousa Diabate
Will Tschetter

That’s a lot of talent
You don’t think Diabate starts over John’s?

Johns averaged double digits in our elite 8 run. 10 points 5 rebounds. He’s primed for a starting role.
10 points and 3 rebounds*

I’m not sure a 4 game stretch over 16, 8, 4, and 11 seeds make him a starter over a 5*. I guess we will see though.

I got to think he didn’t watch Michigan in the tournament. Brandon Johns has always had the talent and finally looked the part. I think any Michigan fan you talk to has Johns starting over Diabate and Diabate being the backup 4/5.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Indiana hasn’t made the tournament since 2016 and we are going to asterisk Brandon Johns averaging double figures on an elite 8 run because of seeds?
What does IU have to do with this?

I’m just surprised that you have him starting over a 5* based on what we have seen from Johns in his career. As @jwardelt pointed out, short tournament runs can be deceiving. I don’t really care if you start Johns or Diabate.

What does IU have to do with this?

I’m just surprised that you have him starting over a 5* based on what we have seen from Johns in his career. As @jwardelt pointed out, short tournament runs can be deceiving. I don’t really care if you start Johns or Diabate.

I’d expect an Indiana fan to have a little more appreciation for tournament teams, not knocking them because seeds.

I’d expect you not to be so touchy about questioning whether or not one of your players would start over the other.

I was fine with the question. I answered that one politely. What I’m calling out is the ridiculousness of downplaying our stretch of three straight tournament teams ranked inside Kenpom’s top 25 (24, 15, 13).

Johns has always had talent and looked the part in the tournament. He and Diabate will both probably be in the 20-25mpg range, but I fully expect Johns to start at the 4.

I was fine with the question. I answered that one politely. What I’m calling out is the ridiculousness of downplaying our stretch of three straight tournament teams ranked inside Kenpom’s top 25 (24, 15, 13).

Johns has always had talent and looked the part in the tournament. He and Diabate will both probably be in the 20-25mpg range, but he’s I fully expect Johns to start at the 4.
And my point was that a 3 game run doesn’t mean much. We aren’t very far removed from Devonte Green finishing the last 8 games of his Junior year averaging 16 points on 50% shooting from 3.

Congrats on your new roster for next year.

10 points and 3 rebounds*

I’m not sure a 4 game stretch over 16, 8, 4, and 11 seeds make him a starter over a 5*. I guess we will see though.
you can pencil in Diabate or Johns at the 4....doesnt really matter as far the roster composition is concerned. If Diabate is able to start over Johns then that increases our ceiling IMO...means hes an incredibly impressive, game ready freshman and having a Johns as a microwave off the bench playing fresh against fatigued starters may improve his confidence (which has always been the biggest area of concern with him)

And my point was that a 3 game run doesn’t mean much. We aren’t very far removed from Devonte Green finishing the last 8 games of his Junior year averaging 16 points on 50% shooting from 3.

Congrats on your new roster for next year.

A stretch where Brandon Johns was a positive piece in our run to the Elite 8 is certainly encouraging and a decent sign he will return as our starting 4. Such a weird thing to try and bait with.

you can pencil in Diabate or Johns at the 4....doesnt really matter as far the roster composition is concerned. If Diabate is able to start over Johns then that increases our ceiling IMO...means hes an incredibly impressive, game ready freshman and having a Johns as a microwave off the bench playing fresh against fatigued starters may improve his confidence (which has always been the biggest area of concern with him)

Yup it really doesn’t matter. They are probably both going to be in or top 6 and getting 20-25 minutes.

Reactions: RichardMassive
A stretch where Brandon Johns was a positive piece in our run to the Elite 8 is certainly encouraging and a decent sign he will return as our starting 4. Such a weird thing to try and bait with.
No one was baiting. You got you panties in a bunch because I asked why Johns would start over Diabate.

Congrats that Johns had an Aaron Wheeler like Elite 8 run. Should be an All-American next year (this is baiting).

No one was baiting. You got you panties in a bunch because I asked why Johns would start over Diabate.

Congrats that Johns had an Aaron Wheeler like Elite 8 run. Should be an All-American next year (this is baiting).

The question was fine.

This is baiting:

“I’m not sure a 4 game stretch over 16, 8, 4, and 11 seeds”

That’s kenpom 13, 15, and 24 and trying to downplay the run because of seeds is certainly trolling. No one said anything about All American, just that it’s encouraging to see Johns play well against good competition as a starter and that he probably starts next season.

Something like 8-9 points and 4-5 rebounds per game would be what I expect from Johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT