ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We don’t:

a.) e-stalk individuals who are members on this forum

b.) Welch on bets and make multiple usernames after welching on said bets

c.) write weird fanfic about other posters income

no one here likes any of those qualities you and Hail possess.

Well this is awkward considering I’ve had multiple Purdue posters here write weird fanfic about my job (you included) and at least one welch on a bet.

Yes. We don’t:

Lol you do #1. You have multiple Rivals usernames. There was nothing fictional about what I posted of your income.

This board will be so much better without you.

ew-gross.gif

You can’t see the difference between Purdue fans sticking up for one another versus a random UM fan coming to an IU fan’s aid? Yikes.

Pot meet kettle. Atleast you’re admitting that’s what goes on. It never matters what the argument is, either. I make fun of CardinalBoilers’ 1980s comment? Pretty light but “sound the cavalry!”

Pot meet kettle. Atleast you’re admitting that’s what goes on. It never matters what the argument is, either. I make fun of CardinalBoilers’ 1980s comment? Pretty light but “sound the cavalry!”

Why do you stick up for Trojan so often?

Brohm against sub 500 teams:
2017: 3-2
2018: 3-0
2019: 4-2
2020: 1-3

Total- 11-7

Allen against sub 500 teams:

2017: 4-1
2018: 3-1
2019: 8-0
2020: 6-1

Total: 21-3

Definitely better than Brohm but the outlier from Brohm was the covid year. Outside of that, his record against sub .500 isn’t bad plus he’s beaten plenty of teams he wasn’t supposed to unlike Allen.

Brohm against sub 500 teams:
2017: 3-2
2018: 3-0
2019: 4-2
2020: 1-3

Total- 11-7

Allen against sub 500 teams:

2017: 4-1
2018: 3-1
2019: 8-0
2020: 6-1

Total: 21-3

Definitely better than Brohm but the outlier from Brohm was the covid year. Outside of that, his record against sub .500 isn’t bad plus he’s beaten plenty of teams he wasn’t supposed to unlike Allen.
Lol 11-7 against sub .500 teams. Bottom line, Allen beats the teams he’s supposed to, but losses to teams he’s supposed to. Brohm can beat teams he’s not supposed to and lose to teams he’s not supposed to.

Either way…

Allen: 26-29
Brohm: 25-28

Lol 11-7 against sub .500 teams. Bottom line, Allen beats the teams he’s supposed to, but losses to teams he’s supposed to. Brohm can beat teams he’s not supposed to and lose to teams he’s not supposed to.

Either way…

Allen: 26-29
Brohm: 25-28

When you factor in what both coach inherited, I find it interesting that their record are basically the same.

I guess I forgot that Minny was just recently ranked lol. Far from a bad loss.

Now we’re factoring in “almost losses?” In that case, you probably should have lost the WKU game.
Who has Minny beaten? They’ve lost to Illinois and Bowling Green at this point. They are not good.

When you factor in what both coach inherited, I find it interesting that their record are basically the same.
You continue to harp on this, yet Brohm’s best two years were his first two (this one isn’t complete), and Allen’s best two years were the last two.

My criticism of him was his inability to do anything in anything other than fast breaks. This does nothing but validate that he did all of that in open space.

I expect a D1 player to make those plays against that team.

Mike Smith edge:
Shooting
Half court offense (maybe)

Davante Jones edge:
Defense
Transition offense (undoubtedly)

Nothing about watching Jones this game or in summer league (where he matched up vs Mike Smith) has me thinking he can’t be a Smith level PG.

For the record, I don’t think Jones is some special PG. I just don’t think he needs to be and neither was the PG he is replacing. Smith was our 5th best starter and that was fine. He played his role. I think Jones will fill a similar role just fine even though he’s a little different type of player than Smith was.

Reactions: MGC_07
Yes. We don’t:

There are a couple really enjoyable aspects of this board:

1) a good little community of posters that like B1G basketball far too much

2) off-season sports fix when there isn’t shit going on

3) the weird posters are either senile (RIP), oddly hilarious (hawkitt), or get so worked up that they out that they obsess over us to a point that is absolutely humiliating

There are a couple really enjoyable aspects of this board:

1) a good little community of posters that like B1G basketball far too much

2) off-season sports fix when there isn’t shit going on

3) the weird posters are either senile (RIP), oddly hilarious (hawkitt), or get so worked up that they out that they obsess over us to a point that is absolutely humiliating

4. A random Nebraska poster who randomly showed up out of the blue only to get blasted into oblivion @superhusker33

For the record, it was a funny reply; and I was too many drinks deep to formulate a good comeback.

So, point Hail on that one.

I figured any come back would be the fact Purdue has beaten Ohio State and Michigan State more recently than Michigan has. I tried to get out in front off that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT