ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
78251253.jpg

1. How many higher level jobs are there that’d realistically go after Brohm?

2. How many jobs would pay him significantly more than ~$5 mil a year that are realistic for him?
Off the top of my head, the following jobs are open or will likely be open:

LSU
Stanford
Florida St
Florida
Miami

It's funny how a partial season changes fans perspective. Before this year people were saying Allen might leave for a bigger job. Injuries have hurt but I think the loss of both coordinators has been the biggest difference. I'm a firm believer if it's not who you play but when you play them. Not speaking for IU specifically but for everyone.

I don’t think any of those schools would go after Brohm.
They wouldn’t. The threat would be that those jobs pull guys from programs that might take a look at him.

I personally wouldn’t be that surprised if Brohm left. The last two years showed that it’s a tough gig, some pressure was mounting, and he loses his two superstars. But I’ve personally never thought Brohm wanted to be at Purdue long-term.

My thing is there’s no reason for this thread to be deleted. There is a 0.0% chance that mods are instructed to delete threads when unpinning them. This cünt just takes it upon himself to do it.

My thing is there’s no reason for this thread to be deleted. There is a 0.0% chance that mods are instructed to delete threads when unpinning them. This cünt just takes it upon himself to do it.
Far more likely that there is a scheduled job running in the background that deletes threads of a certain size after they have been inactive for x amount of time.

It’s standard DB maintenance.

Far more likely that there is a scheduled job running in the background that deletes threads of a certain size after they have been inactive for x amount of time.

It’s standard DB maintenance.

Nope. That’s not it. There are threads going back to 2017. We have scattered offseason and in season threads since then with about half being archived by KB and the other half still floating out there.

The Main Board has us outnumber 8.7 million posts to 452k posts. There’s zero reason to ever delete our threads. We are a nothing burger in terms of saving space.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Right. I don't get it.

Also, if I look at the "your content" thing, I don't have any posts older than 2020 in there.

That’s Rival’s being trash. There are plenty of posts going back past 2020 still available. Just not in “content” or even the search function. Gotta go back and find it yourself. Not fun or worth it.

Right. I don't get it.

Also, if I look at the "your content" thing, I don't have any posts older than 2020 in there.
I believe that happened when they updated their interface. It was half-assed.

I believe that happened when they updated their interface. It was half-assed.

No we had about three good years of an elite search function. For the past year it’s been aids.

What’s funny is our home board works just fine it terms of searching / going back. The national boards are broke.

No we had about three good years of an elite search function. For the past year it’s been aids.

What’s funny is our home board works just fine it terms of searching / going back. The national boards are broke.
Yeah agree that our home board is normal and the search goes back far. They've done some bizarre stuff on this one.

Yeah agree that our home board is normal and the search goes back far. They've done some bizarre stuff on this one.

Except around that same time if you search on the home board the dates are all out of order. Doesn’t make sense to me. I think it used to be nice and crisp.

Reactions: Toast.
Arguing with homeboarders that “don’t get the Edey love”.

Some people really don’t look past the surface much. To me, how legit Edey looked this summer seems like common knowledge. Until I realize half the posters I’m responding to probably don’t even know that tournament took place.

Some people really don’t look past the surface much. To me, how legit Edey looked this summer seems like common knowledge. Until I realize half the posters I’m responding to probably don’t even know that tournament took place.
Only niche fans really know about it.

Edey is also a 7’4 player for Purdue who was pretty damn good as a freshman. I mean what to they expect. Kid is going to shit on some teams.

Only niche fans really know about it.

Edey is also a 7’4 player for Purdue who was pretty damn good as a freshman. I mean what to they expect. Kid is going to shit on some teams.

I want to tell them there’s a legit chance Edey is better than Williams but I think that would hurt my credibility with people not up to speed.

Reactions: MGC_07
edey is starting over Trevion?
He has started the in the scrimmage, the exhibition, and Painter said he'd start tonight. Same with Isaiah Thompson over Eric Hunter.

Edey starting over Tre just means he's improved that much. Hunter losing his spot to Thompson isn't a good sign imo for Hunter's game. He really shat the bed to finish last season.

You kind of have to pay attention to get the Edey stuff. Only played bball for a couple years, improved massively throughout last year, only got limited minutes due to playing behind a first teamer, and now has dominated this summer (both in the FIBA deal and reportedly in practices).

You kind of have to pay attention to get the Edey stuff. Only played bball for a couple years, improved massively throughout last year, only got limited minutes due to playing behind a first teamer, and now has dominated this summer (both in the FIBA deal and reportedly in practices).
By the way, did any of you guys know that he played hockey?!

Tell them he is starting tonight over a returning first team All Big Ten and HM All-American center who is otherwise healthy. Maybe that will make them realize he can be pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT