ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a Not Great, Bob start today.

But I'm going to go full homer potato and say this isn't a bad thing. Gives Painter something to use to keep this group humble (if North Texas wasn't somehow enough.)

Take nothing away from Providence, but the teams obviously approached this differently from a minutes distribution. But it sounds like PC did expose some defensive weaknesses we knew existed with this group.

Also, PC's best player logging 39 minutes with 9 fouls in a scrimmage is LOL funny.

Reactions: boilerzz and otte21
Purdue is also now 2-5 in these scrimmages. I promise Painter doesn’t give a shit about winning these things.

Who cares? It’s a fvcking secret scrimmage.
You said Purdue wasn’t trying based on minutes distribution, and I was just pointing out that their minutes distribution will be very similar to what happened today. I agree (and already said) that secret scrimmages don’t matter.

Got to see Indiana. So gonna go homer here. But I SAW this---didn't hear it. Indiana's going to be much better than what folks think---including me. Woodson is sharp. Knows the game. Does that mean he can "coach", make proper adjustments, substitutions, etc, etc..? I dunno. But I do know he clearly knows what the **** he's doing---63 or not. IU is very physical. Especially Xavier Johnson. See's the floor exremely well. Seemed really comfortable----and not much "playground" going on. Stewart, again its a practice/scrimmage----can shoot the basketball. And from deep. Tamar Bates is going to be one of the Top 5 frosh in the conference. Extremely fast, athletic, and get score from anywhere. He's going to be fun. Reminded me a ton of Creek/Wright. TJD is who he is. Shot form looks better. Spent a ton of time, off to the side, shooting 10-15 footers. Didn't pay to much attention on makes/misses.

I like the trio of Stewart/JOhnson/TJD. Kopp I think will be somewhat of a liability on defense...Probably. But I watched him hit something like 8 or 9 three's in a row.....

Offense is night and day. Built for playmakers to be playmakers....Shooters. Its designed for TJD, and with how they spread it out, its gonna give a ton of room to operate. If Stewart, Kopp, Bates can shoot a decent percentage, Indiana is going to be very hard too defend. Offense is Very loose---but very controlled.

With that being said----IU will now finish 10th.

You said Purdue wasn’t trying based on minutes distribution, and I was just pointing out that their minutes distribution will be very similar to what happened today. I agree (and already said) that secret scrimmages don’t matter.
You know why Providence doesn’t go 10 deep like Purdue? Because they play their starting 5 nearly the whole time in a meaningless scrimmage instead of trying to use it to develop more players.

Got to see Indiana. So gonna go homer here. But I SAW this---didn't hear it. Indiana's going to be much better than what folks think---including me. Woodson is sharp. Knows the game. Does that mean he can "coach", make proper adjustments, substitutions, etc, etc..? I dunno. But I do know he clearly knows what the **** he's doing---63 or not. IU is very physical. Especially Xavier Johnson. See's the floor exremely well. Seemed really comfortable----and not much "playground" going on. Stewart, again its a practice/scrimmage----can shoot the basketball. And from deep. Tamar Bates is going to be one of the Top 5 frosh in the conference. Extremely fast, athletic, and get score from anywhere. He's going to be fun. Reminded me a ton of Creek/Wright. TJD is who he is. Shot form looks better. Spent a ton of time, off to the side, shooting 10-15 footers. Didn't pay to much attention on makes/misses.

I like the trio of Stewart/JOhnson/TJD. Kopp I think will be somewhat of a liability on defense...Probably. But I watched him hit something like 8 or 9 three's in a row.....

Offense is night and day. Built for playmakers to be playmakers....Shooters. Its designed for TJD, and with how they spread it out, its gonna give a ton of room to operate. If Stewart, Kopp, Bates can shoot a decent percentage, Indiana is going to be very hard too defend. Offense is Very loose---but very controlled.

With that being said----IU will now finish 10th.
You were at the scrimmage? Good to hear Bates played, because I thought they held him out.

You know why Providence doesn’t go 10 deep like Purdue? Because they play their starting 5 nearly the whole time in a meaningless scrimmage instead of trying to use it to develop more players.
Okay… that’s not the point. I would guess both teams played the minute distribution they will during the season. Purdue is far deeper than Providence.

Okay… that’s not the point. I would guess both teams played the minute distribution they will during the season. Purdue is far deeper than Providence.
Isaiah Thompson & Edey started, that won’t be the case in regular season.

Isaiah Thompson & Edey started, that won’t be the case in regular season.
Maybe not Thompson, but Brian posted in your BO this week that the 5 was the only starting position not settled. Both Hunter and Williams played starter minutes though.

I can read. You originally tried to use minute distribution to prove Purdue didn’t try to win.
I didn’t say Purdue didn’t try to win I said Providence went all out for the win. Your bullshit excuse that that’s the minutes they would normally play because they aren’t as deep as Purdue is rėtarded. It’s a scrimmage they should be trying to develop more guys, but Providence is dumb af, like you.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Maybe not Thompson, but Brian posted in your BO this week that the 5 was the only starting position not settled. Both Hunter and Williams played starter minutes though.
Trevion will start, zero doubt in my mind. I know you’re getting off on Purdue losing the scrimmage today though so have at it.

Providence is a decent team. Losing to them in an exhibition is meaningless. This is a time to try different lineups and learn a few things about your guys. Guarantee it was fairly vanilla and roll the ball out type of play.

I didn’t say Purdue didn’t try to win I said Providence went all out for the win. Your bullshit excuse that that’s the minutes they would normally play because they aren’t as deep as Purdue is rėtarded. It’s a scrimmage they should be trying to develop more guys, but Providence is dumb af, like you.
I mean to be fair---you can develop more guys in practice, also in these scrimmages, but also in the preseason shit games you play. Each teams to their own on how they use these scrimmages.

They are meaningless b/c for the most part, these scrimmages are very controlled. At tleast the ones I have worked.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Or they should be trying to get ready for the season using the guys that are actually going to play?

After a considerable amount of thinking, I've decided to come out of the closet. I'm a Kentucky Wildcat Fan!!!!! GO UK!!!

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Trevion will start, zero doubt in my mind. I know you’re getting off on Purdue losing the scrimmage today though so have at it.
I’m literally just reiterating what Brian said on Thursday. He said the 1-4 is set, but doesn’t know who will start between Edey and Williams.

I do think it’s funny that Purdue lost after all the offseason hype lol. The good news for you is that it doesn’t matter haha.

Excuses....... We're down our top 4 running backs going into this season and still have over 300 yards rushing today. One of our backup LB's just scored a 24 yard TD.
Congrats lol. RB is almost as important as QB. Maybe you would have beat Bowling Green had you had all your RBs.

Congrats lol. RB is almost as important as QB. Maybe you would have beat Bowling Green had you had all your RBs.
That's all you got? hahahaha

First of all, First place in the West feels great!!!!!!

Secondly, You're top 2 QB's weren't exactly lighting the world on fire with a combined sub 55% completion percentage and a 6/10 TD to Int. ratio.

Is this your way of deflecting how your basketball team performed today?
We don’t give 2 shts about a scrimmage. However I just won on my $1100 ($1000 payout) bet on Purdue +7.5 and $855 ($650 payout) bet on under 52.5. To boot, I hedged my U52.5 by taking an in game bet on Neb +7.5 for $300. Neb scores and misses the 2pt conversion and I get the middle and win all my bets. LOL.

That's all you got? hahahaha

First of all, First place in the West feels great!!!!!!

Secondly, You're top 2 QB's weren't exactly lighting the world on fire with a combined sub 55% completion percentage and a 6/10 TD to Int. ratio.
First of all, the West sucks. Always has and always will.

Secondly, it’s spelled “your”.

Thirdly, IU > Minny regardless of QB.

We don’t give 2 shts about a scrimmage. However I just won on my $1100 ($1000 payout) bet on Purdue +7.5 and $855 ($650 payout) bet on under 52.5. To boot, I hedged my U52.5 by taking an in game bet on Neb +7.5 for $300. Neb scores and misses the 2pt conversion and I get the middle and win all my bets. LOL.
Congrats. Does that make you even after your poor Thursday night showing?

2017 Big Ten Coaching Hires W-L Records

PJ Fleck 32-21 (60.4%)

Tom Allen 26-28 (48.1%)

Jeff Brohm 24-28 (46.2%)

Row Da Mutha****in Boat

Reactions: Ingersol
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT