ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purdue fans make fun of IU getting Miller Kopp and then praise the addition of Waddell. LOL
IU needs Kopp to help them next year lol. Purdue doesn’t need Waddell for a few years. Was fun watching him dunk on Gunn in the state championship game.

Last edited:
Rodgers is the only one I’m truly familiar with. I’ve heard rumors he’s interested in going out of state, although I know both UM and MSU are recruiting him. In the 1 game I watched him play, he was eh, only 9 points in the state title game. Good athlete, good feel for the game, the skills are obvious. He just needs to become a more consistent shooter/decision maker and he could easily crack the top 50.
Trimble is from Milwaukee area. JP Tokoto's brother. Good athlete. Needs skills improvement.

Reactions: MGC_07
IU needs Kopp to help them next year lol. Purdue doesn’t need Waddell for a few years. Was fun watching him dunk on Gunn in the state championship game.
I don’t bother with condom much but I do wonder why Gillis hasn’t entered the portal yet? My hairdresser’s third cousin’s 2nd husband said he would be leaving Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Purdue fans make fun of IU getting Miller Kopp and then praise the addition of Waddell. LOL
Who made fun of the Kopp addition? I’m just making fun of IU fans getting hyped in general. Can’t wait to see the next regime crash & burn to expectations.

tenor.gif
Top 5 gif ever

Starting a new job on Monday and I needed to brush up on my advanced Excel skills somehow, so I decided to practice with Big Ten basketball, lol. Figured I would dump this here for people's entertainment. This is ONLY going back to the 1980 season, as I didn't want to spend the time going further back quite yet:

Overall Winning Pctg.
1. Michigan State - .671
2. Purdue - .657
3. Illinois - .653
4. Indiana - .645
5. Ohio State - .643
6. Michigan - .641
7. Maryland - .639
8. Iowa - .606
9. Wisconsin - .599
10. Minnesota - .565
11. Nebraska - .532
12. Penn State - .501
13. Rutgers - .466
14. Northwestern - .402

Wisconsin's winning pctg. from 1980-1999 was .470, and they have gone .700 since the 2000 season. As a mirror image, Indiana was .717 during the first half of this period and only .580 since 2000. Michigan and OSU have also fluctuated quite a lot, with Michigan being .688 since the 2010 season and .519 from 2000-2009. Not that I should talk! From 2000-2009, Illinois was .735 (the best 10-year stretch in the period, as far as I can tell), and from 2010-2009 we were .532. Underwood really did take over a dumpster fire.

Conference Play Winning Pctg. (Excluded Newbies)
1. Purdue - .615
2. Michigan State - .612
3. Indiana - .587
4. Illinois - .571
5. Ohio State - .561
6. Michigan - .555
7. Wisconsin - .507
8. Iowa - .505
9. Minnesota - .427
10. Northwestern - .242

Maryland would be first since joining the conference (.621), while Nebraska (.330), Penn State (.327) and Rutgers (.280) would slide in between Minnesota and Northwestern.
Uhhhhh...typing some numbers in and using the divide function...advanced?

It’s a good thing Kopp is 10x the player Waddell will ever be. Congrats on beating out Loyola for his services though.

I haven’t once bragged about Gunn. I don’t think he’s that great of a player tbh. We will see if he ever makes it to campus.

Who made fun of the Kopp addition? I’m just making fun of IU fans getting hyped in general. Can’t wait to see the next regime crash & burn to expectations.
At least a couple people here, and there’s an entire thread about it on your board.

It’s a good thing Kopp is 10x the player Waddell will ever be. Congrats on beating out Loyola for his services though.

I haven’t once bragged about Gunn. I don’t think he’s that great of a player tbh. We will see if he ever makes it to campus.

Who did we beat out to land Cline? Stefanovich?

10x?! Lol

Who did we beat out to land Cline? Stefanovich?

10x?! Lol
Who did you beat out to land weatherford? Isaiah Thompson?

Who did we beat out to land Priller? Jeremiah April?

I think it’s safe to say Kopp scores 10x more points in his college career than Waddell will at Purdue. I don’t think Waddell will stay at Purdue his whole career though.

Uhhhhh...typing some numbers in and using the divide function...advanced?

Can tell you're a nice guy. I made a spreadsheet for each team that had each of its seasons and a bunch of "COUNTIF" functions for things like Final Fours, 20-win seasons, conference championships, etc. and then used pivot tables to try to organize the data and come up with a points system, which I am still working on. Just thought I would share the winning percentages.

people are making fun of IU fans getting excited over shit like this, not Kopp himself. & saying Kopp will be 10x the player Waddell will ever be is exactly the type of reason for that. Delusional man.
What exactly are the expectations of IU fans that seem out of place? I haven’t seen a single prediction made on how well IU will do next year, or under Woodson in general. He’s killing it in recruiting and the staff he put together is outstanding, but we all know success on the court is all that matters.

It is my opinion that Waddell’s Purdue career will be similar to Weatherford or Dowana. He will ultimately be in the 22 class after redshirt, and you already have a better token white shooter in that class.

What exactly are the expectations of IU fans that seem out of place? I haven’t seen a single prediction made on how well IU will do next year, or under Woodson in general. He’s killing it in recruiting and the staff he put together is outstanding, but we all know success on the court is all that matters.

It is my opinion that Waddell’s Purdue career will be similar to Weatherford or Dowana. He will ultimately be in the 22 class after redshirt, and you already have a better token white shooter in that class.
Who else has he landed?

How is all of your guy’s day going? Going fine in illini land. We are just losing our top 2 assistants.

I was kind of surprised and disappointed by this. I mean, obviously UK is the crown jewel destination in college basketball, but what OA is accomplishing recruiting-wise at Illinois is more impressive than getting talent to Kentucky, and it's not like he's on the first linear progression of his coaching career. If I am OA at a program that is at least as competitive as Illinois has been the last couple seasons (an accomplishment partly because of him and something he helped build), I would have stayed until I got a head coaching job. I know he has former ties to UK, but damn. I sure as hell hope this wasn't about us not opening up the savings account.

Every IU coach kills it in recruiting lmao. Newsflash I know but losing Armaan franklin is a lot worse than bringing in Kopp/Bates. And sure, he could be like one of those 2. Or he could be a contributor down the road like Stefanovic/Cline/Ryne Smith, etc. were. Painter liked him enough to offer him. It’s not like he’s a must-have recruit.

people are making fun of IU fans getting excited over shit like this, not Kopp himself. & saying Kopp will be 10x the player Waddell will ever be is exactly the type of reason for that. Delusional man.

ALMOST as good as his Cline=McRoberts argument. Not quite as good but close.

Who did you beat out to land weatherford? Isaiah Thompson?

Who did we beat out to land Priller? Jeremiah April?

I think it’s safe to say Kopp scores 10x more points in his college career than Waddell will at Purdue. I don’t think Waddell will stay at Purdue his whole career though.

Shit Thompson would immediately be the best shooter on your team lol. GTFO

Who else has he landed?
Players expected to leave that he convinced to stay:
TJD
Lander
Race
Stewart
Geronimo

Transfer he acquired:
Xavier Johnson (top 10 transfer)
Miller Kopp

Recruits retained:
Duncomb
Gunn

New Recruits:
Tamar Bates (borderline 5*)

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Every IU coach kills it in recruiting lmao. Newsflash I know but losing Armaan franklin is a lot worse than bringing in Kopp/Bates. And sure, he could be like one of those 2. Or he could be a contributor down the road like Stefanovic/Cline/Ryne Smith, etc. were. Painter liked him enough to offer him. It’s not like he’s a must-have recruit.
You forgot to add Xavier Johnson to Kopp/Bates. And I’ll take Bates over Armaan every day.

So convincing an All-American to stay that was expected to leave isn’t a recruiting win?

I guess if you wanna give Woodson props for telling TJD that he’s not good enough to get drafted so he should come back so be it. But no I wouldn’t call that a recruiting win when the dude’s already on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT