ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Blow to Sparty. Foster Loyer enters the portal.

94f0fbbb.gif

Now we have 2 slots open. I think we go out and get a wing, we only have Gabe Brown and 2 freshman for the wings right now, and then leave the remaining spot open in case Emoni decides to come.

Starting to think this is because Payton Sandfordt is already shooting 45.8% from deep and is 6'7" and CJ thought he earned the right not to get recruited over but that ain't how it works in the Big Ten.

So, Miller Kopp to Indiana? THis transfer shit is getting stupid.

But I'll certainly welcome a 6'7" dude who can shoot the ball.

Seems like your listening to homers too much. Liddell ain’t leaving OSU, just as Caroline didn’t leave Nevada. Wtf are you talking about with Weiskamp and Carton
Same people that shared those rumors shared info about Joe W expressing interest to Illinois and Carton having interest in Iowa. Iowa fans did the same song and dance you are now, but both got snubbed out by tampering complaints. If it wasn’t real, the coaches wouldn’t have sent the complaints to the ncaa.

Seems like parsing information is an issue for you. Likelihood is low, but the information is accurate. Never understood the posters that can’t make the distinction and get up in arms by the end result.

Be a decent bench role player. I can't tell you the last time we had a stretch 4.
Agree that he's a solid add since you guys needed shooting.

There have been other variables, but Painter's record when we have a floor spacer at the 4 vs. when we don't has to be wild.

Agree that he's a solid add since you guys needed shooting.

There have been other variables, but Painter's record when we have a floor spacer at the 4 vs. when we don't has to be wild.
I imagine that's a lot of teams but with Painters offense and usually having a quality big I'd say it's an even bigger deal. What's crazy to me is IU didn't have a single player attempt more than 100 3s. The offense was a glaring issue.

Cashius' uncle Jamie is expected to be named our 3rd assistant. Would be huge if we got Miller as well.

I imagine that's a lot of teams but with Painters offense and usually having a quality big I'd say it's an even bigger deal. What's crazy to me is IU didn't have a single player attempt more than 100 3s. The offense was a glaring issue.
The shooting volume under Archie was always a red flag.

And yeah, the stretch 4 is important in general, especially when you have a good 5. While I love our talent at the 4 moving forward, I gotta see TKR/Furst make threes. I do think Gillis is gonna be a nice role player who can hurt you with the 3, but he doesn't have the potential of a TKR to be a bucket getter.

Reactions: IUBtown

wow looks like hunter is going be garza on offense while being an all b1g defensive team player on defense too
Didn't you just say I was delusional and overly-optimistic the other day? This is peak delusional and overly-optimistic. There are videos like this of big men every offseason. Kofi had one last year, and he can't hit a free throw in a game. No way in hell is Hunter going to be Garza on offense.

Didn't you just say I was delusional and overly-optimistic the other day? This is peak delusional and overly-optimistic. There are videos like this of big men every offseason. Kofi had one last year, and he can't hit a free throw in a game. No way in hell is Hunter going to be Garza on offense.
hunter hit threes in high school and has always been a good free throw shooter, he'll be canning threes here soon

he shot over 40% from three as a senior, hes always had shooting ability
This tells me absolutely nothing. Was he 3 for 7 or 22 of 52?

"Dickinson brings good shooting touch not just around the basket but out to the 3-point line. Despite not making a 3 in November or December, Dickinson got his percentage above 40 percent by the end of the season, according to DeMatha coach Mike Jones."

Reactions: MGC_07

"Dickinson brings good shooting touch not just around the basket but out to the 3-point line. Despite not making a 3 in November or December, Dickinson got his percentage above 40 percent by the end of the season, according to DeMatha coach Mike Jones."
I don't think I saw him shoot much outside the paint this past year. Now he's going to be Garza?

200.gif

Found his aau stats. Attempted 3 and made 0.

Attempted 1 and made 0.

And his college stats: attempted 4 and made 0.

So everything outside a high school coach saying he didn't shoot a 3 for 2 months and made 40% has him not making a 3 in over 2 years on at least 8 attempts.

Exactly like Luka Garza.

I don't think I saw him shoot much outside the paint this past year. Now he's going to be Garza?

200.gif

Jon teske didnt shoot threes until a jr either despite always having the ability, with bigs only so much you want to put on a guys plate early

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT