ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSEMBLE!
eY1D1Ya.jpg

Obviously winning on the court remains to be seen, but there is a lot to like about the Woodson hire with the staff and recruiting (retaining, transfer, and incoming players).

You were excited about Crean's recruiting at one point too.
Hell, just a few months ago, they were talking up Archie taking them from KenPom 71, to 52, to 34 in his first 3 years (of course, this is after Crean went 48, 11 and 44 in his last 3).

Reactions: jwardelt
You were excited about Crean's recruiting at one point too.
Crean had the #1 team in the country at one point. Crean’s issue was not recruiting. I, like everyone else, am in “wait and see” mode when it comes to Woodson’s coaching in college.

Oh, boy! The return of IU fans. We're going to get our page count up like the Gil old days.

I hope Purdue fans have waxed their shit stirring sticks. It's going to be a good offseason.

I get that every program with a good-to-great history thinks that every new hire will bring them "back" and that it's a frustrating/insecure time period when you wait for the rest of your rivals to "get it" and treat you with respect again (hell, we were that way when Underwood was having two losing seasons to start out!) ... but damn, IU fans. Their home board is practically acting like there are no B1G programs who wouldn't take their staff in a heartbeat, and we are all just destined to envy them for the rest of time.

I think Woodson could end up being a great hire for them, and it's not a wise bet to bank on IU being down indefinitely, but ... am I like supposed to wish we had their staff instead of ours?? Should OSU or Michigan or MSU or any of the other teams that currently have been at the top of the conference for the last two seasons?? Because I'll take Underwood and Co. all day.

I get that every program with a good-to-great history thinks that every new hire will bring them "back" and that it's a frustrating/insecure time period when you wait for the rest of your rivals to "get it" and treat you with respect again (hell, we were that way when Underwood was having two losing seasons to start out!) ... but damn, IU fans. Their home board is practically acting like there are no B1G programs who wouldn't take their staff in a heartbeat, and we are all just destined to envy them for the rest of time.

I think Woodson could end up being a great hire for them, and it's not a wise bet to bank on IU being down indefinitely, but ... am I like supposed to wish we had their staff instead of ours?? Should OSU or Michigan or MSU or any of the other teams that currently have been at the top of the conference for the last two seasons?? Because I'll take Underwood and Co. all day.
I wouldn’t trade Antigua for anyone on their staff, and I wouldn’t trade Underwood for Woodson. I would take Fife in a heartbeat.

Illinois fans pumped the Groce love pretty hard here.

Hell, just a few months ago, they were talking up Archie taking them from KenPom 71, to 52, to 34 in his first 3 years (of course, this is after Crean went 48, 11 and 44 in his last 3).

Literally in February is when one was trying to argue that Archie’s first 4 years at Indiana mirrored Beilein’s at Michigan. How quick that fanbase pivots...

He's only a top 60 recruit but the rationalizing by some is fascinating to watch.

Isn’t Antigua rumored to be heading to UK?
They’ve been after him for years. He’s only going to be on the staff 1 more year at most, and there is a possibility he goes this year. Still talk it’s just negotiations right before they’re due to get raises. We’ll match the offer, so unless it’s more than money, I expect him to stay.

There's also talk of Chin Coleman at UK, but again, too early.

They’ve been after him for years. He’s only going to be on the staff 1 more year at most, and there is a possibility he goes this year. Still talk it’s just negotiations right before they’re due to get raises. We’ll match the offer, so unless it’s more than money, I expect him to stay.
Which program has better bagmen?

Which program has better bagmen?
I think our budget is essentially the same as their budget has been. We've never gone to the Kenny Payne levels for an assistant, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Antigua get a raise from 550k to 750k. Whitman won't let him walk for more money. It all screams agents vying for money to me, and Antigua has turned down UK to stay at UI previously.

You were starting rumors about Jordan Caroline potentially coming back to Illinois for basically a whole summer and obviously that never happened.
That was conditional on Musselman leaving. Did Musselman leave that year?

And neither I nor our mods started that rumor. The kid’s family is all over the Champaign area. Next you’re going to say McCaffery filed a tampering complaint on us about Wieskamp, and OSU filed a complaint about Carton because I made up rumors.

Our mods share more than most because our fans demand it. With that comes the backlash. Our mods shared that a wow recruit’s camp backchanneled interest. Well-known posters and a local hall of fame journalist filled in the blanks.

That was conditional on Musselman leaving. Did Musselman leave that year?

And neither I nor our mods started that rumor. The kid’s family is all over the Champaign area. Next you’re going to say McCaffery filed a tampering complaint on us about Wieskamp, and OSU filed a complaint about Carton because I made up rumors.

Our mods share more than most because our fans demand it. With that comes the backlash. Our mods shared that a wow recruit’s camp backchanneled interest. Well-known posters and a local hall of fame journalist filled in the blanks.
Seems like your listening to homers too much. Liddell ain’t leaving OSU, just as Caroline didn’t leave Nevada. Wtf are you talking about with Weiskamp and Carton

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT