ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t let Purdue missing on Washington blind you from the fact Mike Woodson is off to a terrible start recruiting in 2022 and 2023. Myles Colvin offer? Lol. Will Woody even land a corpse from 2022?
A great take from @B-Westy about a month ago…. Lol

New top 150 out for the 2022 class. Looks like they just threw darts at a board. They have Prince Aligbe ahead of Tre Holloman as the #1 guy in Minnesota. 😂

Rivals is now almost on par with ESPN. 247 should just ditch the composite rankings since the other ranking sites have gotten so bad.

Reactions: flight 33
New top 150 out for the 2022 class. Looks like they just threw darts at a board. They have Prince Aligbe ahead of Tre Holloman as the #1 guy in Minnesota. 😂

Rivals is now almost on par with ESPN. 247 should just ditch the composite rankings since the other ranking sites have gotten so bad.
Rivals is very focused on athleticism and largely ignores skill. They have always been that way but have gotten worse the last few years IMO.

Reactions: RutgHoops

Rankings look good to me. They might be off with Minnesota, but that's a drop in the bucket when it comes to the overall recruiting landscape. Overall, they're much better than they were previously. Traore moved significantly as he should. Flipowski seems a tad too high at top 5, but he's a definite 5 star kid that was far too low previously. Jalen Washington dropped like he should (although not far enough)

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgHoops
Rankings look good to me. They might be off with Minnesota, but that's a drop in the bucket when it comes to the overall recruiting landscape. Overall, they're much better than they were previously. Traore move significantly as he should. Flipowski seems a tad too high at top 5, but he's a definite 5 star kid that was far too low previously. Jalen Washington dropped like he should (although not far enough)
6/150 for a state with 5 million people is a drop of the bucket? Not to mention there are a couple of kids outside of the rankings who deserve to be in them as well.

6/150 for a state with 5 million people is a drop of the bucket? Not to mention there are a couple of kids outside of the rankings who deserve to be in them as well.
you're looking at it far too centric to your state. I dont believe there are any elite kids within your state this year, so whether a kid is 80 or 120 isnt an incredible difference and not something that the average fans cares much about. Rivals seems to have done a better job of getting the top 50 ranked kids correct this cycle.

Archie had the personality and charisma of a broom and still landed studs. Recruiting there is easy.
So why be concerned with Woody's ability to recruit? Its all IU fans heard. Let'me guess----It wasn't you...It was the "other Purdue" guys.... 🤣

Step 1 - IU fires coach
Step 2 - IU overestimates their attractiveness to coaching candidates
Step 3 - IU hires a guy
Step 4 - Other schools' fans are lukewarm on the hire
Step 5 - IU fans convince themselves he will be great and proclaim "We're back bitches!"
Step 6 - IU gets 5 star commit to cement opinion in step 5
Step 7 - Other schools' fans say that proves very little and IU fans are butthurt <<<<We are here<<<<<<<<<<
Step 8 - IU's results don't match their "talent" because coach doesn't build a "team"
Step 9 - After a couple of years, the natives get restless
Step 10 - IU struggles for a couple more years and the administration gets pressure to eat said coach's contract
Step 11 - Repeat step 1
And through all this, Purdue has ONE more B10 title, than IU....

JFC...

So why be concerned with Woody's ability to recruit? Its all IU fans heard. Let'me guess----It wasn't you...It was the "other Purdue" guys.... 🤣
Where is the evidence it was more than one or two Purdue fans talking shit? Or are we just painting with a broad brush again?

Since you must not know this exists:

Or maybe you know the answer and don't want to be proven wrong?
Sure I know.....I ain' going through the trouble. I know it was said...you know it was said. Thats good enough for me. Anyways, Hail will look it up sooner or later...

Sure I know.....I ain' going through the trouble. I know it was said...you know it was said. Thats good enough for me. Anyways, Hail will look it up sooner or later...
I don't know who said it. I know Westy talks a lot of shit and it appears Otte jumped on it but I don't recall seeing anyone else saying it.

But you know...because you just do.

I don't know who said it. I know Westy talks a lot of shit and it appears Otte jumped on it but I don't recall seeing anyone else saying it.

But you know...because you just do.
But no one said it...... 🤣

JFC...

The search function here is broke. Have you actually tried to use it in the past year or so? Still works on our home board but it’s trash here.
I think Rivals completely deleted all of our old in-season/off-season threads so those posts just aren't there to be found by our search.

I think Rivals completely deleted all of our old in-season/off-season threads so those posts just aren't there to be found by our search.
Didn’t Gil start the last one? Would have gotten deleted when he got banned.

ESPN updated their big board for the draft. Requires premium subscription, but below are where the B1G players are ranked:

#5 Houston
#12 Ivey
#27 Murray
#34 Curbello
#46 Edey
#62 TJD
#89 Scott
#94 Lidell
#96 Cockburn
#99 Ayala

Also, Carr is #81.

Reactions: KisteK
Uhhhhh…he literally said more than one or two, so you would need to find a third
Uhhhm he literally said, OR---as an alternative. Two being the alternative, i.e. safety net. He went from show me where someone said this....too, show me where more than one OR two, to now relying on his alternative choice(safety net) of two, to save his ass...

Did more than TWO Purdue fans say Woody would have issues(recruiting)? I dunno. On here, not sure---over on your HB---Oh, yeah.

I guess I could do some research...I'm bored.

Either way---recruiting is just fine. SO much for kids not wanting to play for a 60+ year old, no college experienced coach, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT