ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

these predictions are worthless.

I have a question for those that think I am this gilligan/nitewing. I 1st came to this board in March of 2014, now why would I change my name? I post once per week now after returning because I won't pay to post multiple times.

before when I posted on here, I tried to post again right after I made my 1st post and the msg came up saying [ you must wait before posting again, with the "you can pay for the premium services to post multiple times.

I actually started out on Hawkeye report under the name of Karnack1 in 2002. before that I wondered around on the internet chat servers, Dahlnet, Austnet, MSN and the server Pirch which gave me access to over 20,000 chat rooms..

Classic gil

I have a question for those that think I am this gilligan/nitewing. I 1st came to this board in March of 2014, now why would I change my name? I post once per week now after returning because I won't pay to post multiple times.

before when I posted on here, I tried to post again right after I made my 1st post and the msg came up saying [ you must wait before posting again, with the "you can pay for the premium services to post multiple times.

I actually started out on Hawkeye report under the name of Karnack1 in 2002. before that I wondered around on the internet chat servers, Dahlnet, Austnet, MSN and the server Pirch which gave me access to over 20,000 chat rooms..
This isn't a premium board. I don't pay and post much more often than once per week.

Reactions: KisteK and Jaycg15
Lunardi's latest bracketology has 8 B1G teams:

MSU - 2 seed
Michigan - 4
Purdue - 6
Ohio State - 6
Nebraska - 9
IU - 9
Maryland - 10
Wisconsin - 11
First four out - Penn State

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

No idea why he has OSU a 6. At a minimum, I'd flip them and IU. I also don't see MSU as a 2...probably more like a 4 or 5. I think Nebraska is too low as well.

My projections:

Michigan - 4
MSU - 5
Purdue - 6
IU - 6
Nebraska - 7
Maryland - 10
Wisconsin - 10
I don’t have any real issues with Lunardi’s projections outside of OSU like you pointed out. Think your projections are pretty solid as well. I’d be happy with seven teams in the tourney. Would mean the conference did some damage in the non-conference.

Rya.gif

20,000 chat rooms!?

Its an honor to meet the guy that 40 year old virgin was based off of.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Not sure you can consider this past run as exceeding your seed considering Michigan only played 6 seeds or higher as a 3 seed en route to the title game. Yes, a 3 seed should only get to the sweet sixteen, but that's assuming all the 1&2 seeds from your region and side of the bracket don't choke or aren't overrated.

Lol

Not sure if trolling or serious.

Dantonio in what way? For dominating Michigan? He’s very quiet and respectful when talking to the media, and has never made negative comments on UM, or anybody for that matter. I don’t get that, how anybody could really hate him.

I hope you’re just trolling. Dantonio is constantly taking unnecessary jabs at Michigan. That’s damn near all he does. I respect his coaching ability, but he’s easy to hate personality wise as a Michigan man. He also recruits criminals. Coach B is the complete opposite in every way

I hope you’re just trolling. Dantonio is constantly taking unnecessary jabs at Michigan. That’s damn near all he does. I respect his coaching ability, but he’s easy to hate personality wise as a Michigan man. He also recruits criminals. Coach B is the complete opposite in every way
What? When. He has made responses to UM players calling MSU little brother, and has backed it up.

I don’t get the criminal thing. Yeah, there have been incidents, but it’s not like he is going out and recruiting criminals. You recruit football players to a football team, and if they mess up or do something worse then they are kicked off. Pretty simple.

What? When. He has made responses to UM players calling MSU little brother, and has backed it up.

I don’t get the criminal thing. Yeah, there have been incidents, but it’s not like he is going out and recruiting criminals. You recruit football players to a football team, and if they mess up or do something worse then they are kicked off. Pretty simple.

Or they get out of jail and go play in a game.

Or they get out of jail and go play in a game.

Winston served nearly four months in jail for assault following another altercation involving Michigan State students last October that left hockey player A.J. Sturges seriously injured. Dantonio reinstated Winston to the team and allowed him to return to practice the day he was released from jail.

Reactions: jwardelt
Beilein and dantonio couldn’t be more opposite, beilein has literally never had a player arrested in his tenure.

Meh, Michigan Fan doesn’t understand any criticism. They’ve had the Detroit Media on lockdown for decades and only now have caught a minor glimpse into negative press and that’s after a decade of trash football.

Please, Mike Hart and UM have attacked MSU’s program over the years and we had guys like JLS slapping himself and confused Bobby Williams. Dantonio fires back and UM Fan can’t handle it. Classic bully mentality.

Reactions: MGC_07
Meh, Michigan Fan doesn’t understand any criticism. They’ve had the Detroit Media on lockdown for decades and only now have caught a minor glimpse into negative press and that’s after a decade of trash football.

Please, Mike Hart and UM have attacked MSU’s program over the years and we had guys like JLS slapping himself and confused Bobby Williams. Dantonio fires back and UM Fan can’t handle it. Classic bully mentality.

You’re changing the narrative here. The one poster acted like uofm fans had no reason to dislike dantonio and that he and beilein were essentially similar from a likeability standpoint to the casual observer and I just pointed out how far that was from the truth. Dantonios gone above and beyond in “firing back” at uofm. Beilein has never taken shots at MSU despite your programs cockiness when it comes to instate dominance in basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Greg Eboigbodin is transferring. Supposedly didn't like the role he was going to be given this season. Reports were coming out about him looking bad in workouts.

Greg Eboigbodin is transferring. Supposedly didn't like the role he was going to be given this season. Reports were coming out about him looking bad in workouts.
Sounds like major sour grapes to me. Lol.

There have been teams that have turnover after a new coach but what Illinois has done this offeseason is impressive #TrustTheProcess

There have been teams that have turnover after a new coach but what Illinois has done this offeseason is impressive #TrustTheProcess
I'm not worried about the guard/wing situation at all, but the misses this staff has had on big men is concerning.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
Lunardi's latest bracketology has 8 B1G teams:

MSU - 2 seed
Michigan - 4
Purdue - 6
Ohio State - 6
Nebraska - 9
IU - 9
Maryland - 10
Wisconsin - 11
First four out - Penn State

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

No idea why he has OSU a 6. At a minimum, I'd flip them and IU. I also don't see MSU as a 2...probably more like a 4 or 5. I think Nebraska is too low as well.

My projections:

Michigan - 4
MSU - 5
Purdue - 6
IU - 6
Nebraska - 7
Maryland - 10
Wisconsin - 10

For 2019?

Winston served nearly four months in jail for assault following another altercation involving Michigan State students last October that left hockey player A.J. Sturges seriously injured. Dantonio reinstated Winston to the team and allowed him to return to practice the day he was released from jail.

Wow, says all you need to know about Dantonio. Scum

ADVERTISEMENT