ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Doesn’t seem to be looking good for Matthews returning, beilein is just snake bit when it comes to early entries.

Yeah but like Klize said, the numbers weren't that far off especially when you factor in key injuries and learning a new system. IU went into the Big Ten season starting a 6"5 center, a walk on who averaged 2ppg, and Josh "I'm going to throw the ball to the other team and take bad shots"Newkirk running point. They had the worst guard play I've seen at IU in a long time. With all of that Archie still did better in conference than most on this board predicted, along with Athlon, Lindy's, USA Today ect.. That along with securing the best recruiting class in the BIG in year 1 (#7 nationally) is why me and a lot of other fans are excited. Ultimately, time will tell if Archie is the right guy. So far he has killed it and I suspect he will continue doing so.

Last year was considered killing it?

If that was what you got from that post then you are too dumb to argue with.

What I got from the post is the same thing I got from Indiana fans last year. It’s pointless to discuss that point because even if you end up wrong about everything you’re touting, a year from now you’ll pretend it never happened just say “but THIS year it’s different”.

And yes, when you close with “he killed it” that is going to get questioned.

Reactions: B-Westy
What I got from the post is the same thing I got from Indiana fans last year. It’s pointless to discuss that point because even if you end up wrong about everything you’re touting, a year from now you’ll pretend it never happened just say “but THIS year it’s different”.

"He killed it" relative to expectations by most on this board and by the sports media. I had them finishing 4-6 in conference before the injuries and was called an idiot, homer ect.. He has also killed it on the recruiting trail so far with a top 10 class and a lot of talent on the radar for next year. I literally just said the same da*n thing in my post if you would learn to read, but that must not be your strong suit.

"He killed it" relative to expectations by most on this board and by the sports media. I had them finishing 4-6 in conference before the injuries and was called an idiot, homer ect.. He has also killed it on the recruiting trail so far with a top 10 class and a lot of talent on the radar for next year. I literally just said the same da*n thing in my post if you would learn to read, but that must not be your strong suit.

I think math is Hail's strong suit.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

You got that last year because Crean constantly left us with a shit unbalanced roster.

How many early entrants does the rest of the conference have since 2013? Michigan has 8 if Matthews leaves right? That’s nuts.

Considering the level he recruits at it is absolutely nuts, hard to plan for this type of attrition when most all of these guys(sans griii and McGary) were thought to be 4 year guys.

If that's killing it, then your bar is set too low. Indiana is a top 10 all time program so killing it should be reserved at the very least for season where IU makes the tournament.

You got that last year because Crean constantly left us with a shit unbalanced roster.

Well then Indiana fans like SLHoosier and IUFanBorden should have said that Indiana could struggle because of a shit unbalanced roster. Nope. Full steam ahead.

Well then Indiana fans like SLHoosier and IUFanBorden should have said that Indiana could struggle because of a shit unbalanced roster. Nope. Full steam ahead.
Dude what are you talking about? Archie met my expectations last year even with the injuries. I didn't even have them in the tourney.

I agree, it’s too early to tell about who’s better. But if you made me pick today, it would be Holtmann

Wow lol Owned tiebreaker for the 6th seed in the BTT. They finished 6th even with the injuries. At the very least you would say tied for 6th.

The least you could do is admit that some Indiana fans were a bit overly optimistic about year 1.

16-15 and missing the NCAAT and NIT is not really "killing it", either.

Reactions: BANGBRO and B-Westy
Yeah, the analysis isn't bad, but the rankings are. :)

We'll finish better than 12th, barring injuries of course.
I don't know enough about Minnesota to agree or disagree but I'm guessing fan bases of at least 10 of 14 B1G teams feel they will finish higher than projected.

I don't know enough about Minnesota to agree or disagree but I'm guessing fan bases of at least 10 of 14 B1G teams feel they will finish higher than projected.

Isaiah Washington
Dupree McBrayer
Amir Coffey
Jordan Murphy
Daniel Oturu- Top 50 Frosh

PF/C- Eric Curry
SG/SF- Brock Stull

Bench
SF- Michael Hurt
C- Matz Stockman- Louisville transfer
SG- Gabe Kalscheur
PF- Jarvis Omersa

That's a pretty talented 7 man rotation with the other 4 guys sprinkled in as necessary. Isaiah Washington averaged 12 and 3 over the last 10 games of the season. McBrayer struggled with a leg injury most of the year but still managed to average almost 10 ppg. Coffey averaged 14 ppg and 3 pg before he went down. Murphy is a candidate for BTPotY. Oturu should provide us with some good rebounding and rim protection that we missed after Lynch got kicked off the team. Curry had a very nice Freshman season before missing all last year due to injury. Stull averaged 13.4ppg, 4.8rpg, and 3.1 rpg last season at UW-M. We have plenty of talent, just need to avoid injuries.

Isaiah Washington
Dupree McBrayer
Amir Coffey
Jordan Murphy
Daniel Oturu- Top 50 Frosh

PF/C- Eric Curry
SG/SF- Brock Stull

Bench
SF- Michael Hurt
C- Matz Stockman- Louisville transfer
SG- Gabe Kalscheur
PF- Jarvis Omersa

That's a pretty talented 7 man rotation with the other 4 guys sprinkled in as necessary. Isaiah Washington averaged 12 and 3 over the last 10 games of the season. McBrayer struggled with a leg injury most of the year but still managed to average almost 10 ppg. Coffey averaged 14 ppg and 3 pg before he went down. Murphy is a candidate for BTPotY. Oturu should provide us with some good rebounding and rim protection that we missed after Lynch got kicked off the team. Curry had a very nice Freshman season before missing all last year due to injury. Stull averaged 13.4ppg, 4.8rpg, and 3.1 rpg last season at UW-M. We have plenty of talent, just need to avoid injuries.

ok gil

Wagner-late first early second
Matthews-late 2nd at best but likely undrafted
I don't know enough about Matthews' personal circumstances, but if he stays in the draft, what seems to be the motivation? Is this a guy whose family needs a paycheck or just a former top-50 recruit who's already been in school two years longer than he expected and is ready to be a pro regardless of the circumstances?

I don't know enough about Matthews' personal circumstances, but if he stays in the draft, what seems to be the motivation? Is this a guy whose family needs a paycheck or just a former top-50 recruit who's already been in school two years longer than he expected and is ready to be a pro regardless of the circumstances?
I think it’s number 2, all the highly rated Chicago kids generally think they are better than are and he has said publicly he went to uk because he thought he was a one and done

Reactions: BANGBRO
ADVERTISEMENT