ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Fun to witness a Boiler thrashing on the road. Memorial Stadium makes Ross-Ade look good.

The thing was built in memory of fallen World War 1 soldiers, and you get the full World War 1 experience inside those bathrooms. Yikes.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Michigan top 3 team in B1G football
MSU top 3 team in B1G football

Michigan top 3 in B1G basketball
Michigan State top 3 in B1G basketball

Purdue and Indiana? Ha

What a difference in states.

Michigan top 3 team in B1G football
MSU top 3 team in B1G football

Michigan top 3 in B1G basketball
Michigan State top 3 in B1G basketball

Purdue and Indiana? Ha

What a difference in states.
GIm59W.gif

Don’t walk back all that shit talk tough guy. I know work is boring but you’re losing your edge. Don’t get soft on me.

Michigan made more Elite 8's in 2018 alone than Indiana and Purdue have combined in the past 15 years.

And that's the your good sport

Reactions: KisteK
@B-Westy

How honest can you be? Would you trade spots with Michigan sports if you were granted that opportunity for Purdue?
Probably not man. I’m a Purdue fan because I grew up around Purdue & am an Alum first and foremost.

Would it be nice to have Michigan’s history, resources, & success? Sure would. But I don’t choose my allegiances.

Reactions: boilerzz
Probably not man. I’m a Purdue fan because I grew up around Purdue & am an Alum first and foremost.

Would it be nice to have Michigan’s history, resources, & success? Sure would. But I don’t choose my allegiances.

I mean trade history/resources/success/current state, not actual trade teams

Reactions: SNU0821
Michigan made more Elite 8's in 2018 alone than Indiana and Purdue have combined in the past 15 years.

And that's the your good sport
Michigan has also had to vacate more wins then Purdue and Iu also.

Completely shifting gears here, but I actually saw the old banner they had to take down a few years back. It was in a random storage room rolled up in the corner. I wanted to take a picture with it, but the school official who was letting us into rooms didn't leave our sides.

painter gets an extension

Good for him and the school! Maybe its because I live across from Louisville, but I never had the hatred for Purdue like others did. Actually, since they always talked during games about how Knight and Keady respected each other, to me they were just another BIG team.

But, I've always thought he was a good coach and seems like a good human being. Not sure why I never noticed this, but I can't believe I didn't realize Purdue has finished 3rd or better for 4 straight years. I think hes got you all in a great position where you won't have many absolute horrible seasons. I still think this year, and maybe next year will be rough, but not a complete disaster.

One other thing, I camt believe you all bring in so little revenue? I understand that you don't have the fan numbers and branding like Indiana, but I still expected more. Do you all have any idea why it's so low?

Michigan has also had to vacate more wins then Purdue and Iu also.

Completely shifting gears here, but I actually saw the old banner they had to take down a few years back. It was in a random storage room rolled up in the corner. I wanted to take a picture with it, but the school official who was letting us into rooms didn't leave our sides.

So

Reactions: MaizeandBlue02
One other thing, I camt believe you all bring in so little revenue? I understand that you don't have the fan numbers and branding like Indiana, but I still expected more. Do you all have any idea why it's so low?
I can’t believe Purdue only generated $20 million less last year in comparison to IU honestly. Not the state school, way less fans than your average big ten team. I bet the town I grew up in was 90-95% IU fans for instance. All the Purdue fans either went to the school or parents at least went to the school.

Shit, Gary, Indiana is a national treasure for bringing us all the Jackson's! And don't ever forget about that.....
I got shipped to Gary one year for the semi-state...Never.AGAIN. Only thing white was me,and the home team jersey's.:eek:

Nope. Lady at the hotel told me---"I wouldn't leave the hotel, unless you have to". Is what it is. Gary is, well, a tough town. But--- Semi-State was great. Fans were terrific. I got sent there over a scheduling conflict. To keep me eligible for the State Finals, its where I had to go. I wasn't mistreated. Not even close.

Shit, Gary, Indiana is a national treasure for bringing us all the Jackson's! And don't ever forget about that.....
I got shipped to Gary one year for the semi-state...Never.AGAIN. Only thing white was me,and the home team jersey's.:eek:

After working in D.C for 3 months almost 20 years ago, I finally understood what it was like for that single black family in a small town. It definitely changed my whole perception about race relations and allowed me to have a better understanding of empathy. It was a major shock to go the whole day and never see another white person.

Reactions: Toast.
ADVERTISEMENT