ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Yep his last year was rough. Had a junior Teague and a junior Landry but not much else. His recruiting his last few years was bad.
Wow. I knew the last few years were tough. Just never realized he had a season of winning 7 games. That's mind boggling.

Haha. I didn’t have a color TV in my extended family until the late 70s and I’m not even exaggerating. IU has two titles when basketball was more than a regional thing after Bird/Magic. Mic drops.
I just cannot get over this. I mean this is #1 on the not so Top 10. Mic drop? From a fan of a team who has NO titles. I mean I'd rather have 5, "irrelevant, dusty banners", then none.

Wow...A mic drop. Seesh.Laughing

Wow. I knew the last few years were tough. Just never realized he had a season of winning 7 games. That's mind boggling.

Then in Painters first year, Teague got injured before the year and didn’t play a single game and Landry got hurt in like game 5 and took a medical redshirt after missing the rest of the year so that was brutal for CMP without his two best players. But they had a nice season when I was a freshman (06-07) with those two back for a 5th year and adding Chris Kramer and Keaton Grant to the mix. That’s when they lost to eventual champion Florida in the second round of the tournament. That gator team was insanely good.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Can you have a mic drop when trying to talk shit about a team winning titles when the team you are a fan of has none?
You can have a mic drop whenever you want. This is America. My point is an IU fan once again brought up what counts and what doesn’t when it comes to wins. I tend to agree and pointed out it works both ways. IU fan # 2 spouts off. All of about 32 people saw IU win a title on TV before the 80’s- color or B/W. 30 of those are now dead. The other two titles are more than 30 years old. That’s a long time ago. A long, long time ago. Like Dead Sea scrolls long time ago.

Reactions: SNU0821
Then in Painters first year, Teague got injured before the year and didn’t play a single game and Landry got hurt in like game 5 and took a medical redshirt after missing the rest of the year so that was brutal for CMP without his two best players. But they had a nice season when I was a freshman (06-07) with those two back for a 5th year and adding Chris Kramer and Keaton Grant to the mix. That’s when they lost to eventual champion Florida in the second round of the tournament. That gator team was insanely good.
Outside of a few seasons, Painters been pretty good, really. Seems to be finding his "niche". Good classes of late, and could land a very good one next year.

And yes---that UF team was really, really good.

You can have a mic drop whenever you want. This is America. My point is an IU fan once again brought up what counts and what doesn’t when it comes to wins. I tend to agree and pointed out it works both ways. IU fan # 2 spouts off. All of about 32 people saw IU win a title on TV before the 80’s- color or B/W. 30 of those are now dead. The other two titles are more than 30 years old. That’s a long time ago. A long, long time ago. Like Dead Sea scrolls long time ago.
How many people have seen Purdue win a title? And no one said nothing counted. Just pointed out a FACT, that a large majority of Purdue's wins(vs IU) came a long, long time ago. You could've saved yourself some embarrassment(mic drop---Wow), by taking a little more time reading a post.

And no titles is a long, long, long time ago. Like, "never, ever", long ago.

Outside of a few seasons, Painters been pretty good, really. Seems to be finding his "niche". Good classes of late, and could land a very good one next year.

And yes---that UF team was really, really good.

Had 3 guys who are still playing in the NBA to this day which is impressive.

Had 3 guys who are still playing in the NBA to this day which is impressive.
I think we are going to see some of the epic battles we use to see. I see this rivalry getting back to how it was under Keady/Knight.

How many people have seen Purdue win a title? And no one said nothing counted. Just pointed out a FACT, that a large majority of Purdue's wins(vs IU) came a long, long time ago. You could've saved yourself some embarrassment(mic drop---Wow), by taking a little more time reading a post.

And no titles is a long, long, long time ago. Like, "never, ever", long ago.
Embarrassed? Ummm...no. But really appreciate the concern for my board rep. Means a lot really. XOXO!

Embarrassed? Ummm...no. But really appreciate the concern for my board rep. Means a lot really. XOXO!
I wouldn't expect you to be(embarrassed). I honestly don't think you know just how stupid your "mic drop" was. I mean dude....You are arguing how "old" IU's titles are, when Purdue has zero, None. Nadda. And you do a "mic drop"??

rs_480x270-160209080347-family_feud_gif_2.gif

I wouldn't expect you to be(embarrassed). I honestly don't think you know just how stupid your "mic drop" was. I mean dude....You are arguing how "old" IU's titles are, when Purdue has zero, None. Nadda. And you do a "mic drop"??

rs_480x270-160209080347-family_feud_gif_2.gif
To be clear you started the “old” argument. I believe I now understand that what counts are games played after 1940. Thanks for clearing that up.

@Toast. heading your way next weekend. Get in Friday around 6:45pm and leave Sunday late.

Seeing a concert at the Ogden Theatre Saturday night besides we are open. Any must sees we should go check out or do? We have both been to Denver buts it’s been years. We are staying in an Airbnb same neighborhood as the concert venue around city park.

Perfect thanks! We are staying on around 17th and Franklin about 10 minute walk to the Ogden Theatre.
If you're over at 17th and Franklin, you could check out Vine St Pub. It's based out of Boulder and they brew their own beer and make good burgers. Cash only, no TVs, very Boulder-weird, good food, but not anything super special that you should plan around. Just a nice spot that's close to you. I think Cerebral brewing is pretty good too, which is close.

Odell (out of Ft Collins) just opened a spot in RiNo, and it's close to a couple other breweries (Ratio, Our Mutual Friend, and Great Divide isn't far). That'd be a good area to hop around.

Actual downtown Denver doesn't offer much imo. A cool neighborhood to check out is upper Highlands / Tennyson area. There's a place called Mas Kaos that has tacos/pizza and is attached to a brewery. That area has a ton of good food and drink.

Wash Park would also be a good area to check out, not too far from you and has a good amount going on. Pearl St over there has a good little bar/restaurant scene.

If you have a car and want to get to the mountains, you could go check out Kenosha Pass (very busy right now due to the aspens) or go do St Mary's Glacier in Idaho Springs, which is a popular hike that's only like 2 miles round trip. I always recommend heading over to Lake Dillon (in the Breck/Dillon area) to people that are visiting.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
If you're over at 17th and Franklin, you could check out Vine St Pub. It's based out of Boulder and they brew their own beer and make good burgers. Cash only, no TVs, very Boulder-weird, good food, but not anything super special that you should plan around. Just a nice spot that's close to you. I think Cerebral brewing is pretty good too, which is close.

Odell (out of Ft Collins) just opened a spot in RiNo, and it's close to a couple other breweries (Ratio, Our Mutual Friend, and Great Divide isn't far). That'd be a good area to hop around.

Actual downtown Denver doesn't offer much imo. A cool neighborhood to check out is upper Highlands / Tennyson area. There's a place called Mas Kaos that has tacos/pizza and is attached to a brewery. That area has a ton of good food and drink.

Wash Park would also be a good area to check out, not too far from you and has a good amount going on. Pearl St over there has a good little bar/restaurant scene.

If you have a car and want to get to the mountains, you could go check out Kenosha Pass (very busy right now due to the aspens) or go do St Mary's Glacier in Idaho Springs, which is a popular hike that's only like 2 miles round trip. I always recommend heading over to Lake Dillon (in the Breck/Dillon area) to people that are visiting.

Thanks for the information. Very much appreciated! I am hoping to have a vehicle for Saturday and Sunday before we leave. My wife has some family around there so hoping to be able to borrow someone’s.

If not just rack up some uber/Lyft charges.

You DO realize you don't have ANY titles, right? You DO realize you haven't been to a Final Four in almost 40 YEARS right? I mean, sure you do. Not a great look (other than further confirming Purdue is IU's little brother) to bash a school with five national titles when you don't have any, no tournament success and no real sustained success in co. Lulz.

Don't worry, Pig, keep hanging your hat on those head to head records and B10 titles, I'm sure plenty of college basketball fans respect those.

You DO realize you don't have ANY titles, right? You DO realize you haven't been to a Final Four in almost 40 YEARS right? I mean, sure you do. Not a great look (other than further confirming Purdue is IU's little brother) to bash a school with five national titles when you don't have any and no tournament success. Lulz.

I don’t think he does. Lulz

[QUOTE="

Don't worry, Pig, keep hanging your hat on those head to head records and B10 titles, I'm sure plenty of college basketball fans respect those.[/QUOTE]
Looking for respect?
200w.gif

[QUOTE="

Don't worry, Pig, keep hanging your hat on those head to head records and B10 titles, I'm sure plenty of college basketball fans respect those.
Looking for respect from you, bmore, hail and a couple of IU fans? Ironically you just reposted a message that contained “lulz” from one of biggest dumbasses on the internet. Also you’re funny because ...Illinois.
200w.gif
[/QUOTE]

Triggered af

Also great job of quoting. You dumb sack of shit.

Looking for respect from you, bmore, hail and a couple of IU fans? Ironically you just reposted a message that contained “lulz” from one of biggest dumbasses on the internet. Also you’re funny because ...Illinois.
200w.gif

Triggered af

Also great job of quoting. You dumb sack of shit.[/QUOTE]
Kinda feel satisfied that 3 of 4 of you dumbasses replied or liked. Granted it’s a low bar but I’m a Purdue fan right...lulz?

To be clear you started the “old” argument. I believe I now understand that what counts are games played after 1940. Thanks for clearing that up.
Where did I ever say they didn't count? Your complex took over, and you assumed that. But dude....I cannot quit laughing. You mic dropping IU having more titles(than Purdue) is fvcking EPIC....LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Hail deep dicking your girl??? Thats an odd thing to pop into your head when you see that he posted something.
What makes you think I have a “girl”? I just thought his (and yours) posting style was especially submissive. When I see your posts I see an obvious need to please. No offense intended - you just seem like pussies.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
You DO realize you don't have ANY titles, right? You DO realize you haven't been to a Final Four in almost 40 YEARS right? I mean, sure you do. Not a great look (other than further confirming Purdue is IU's little brother) to bash a school with five national titles when you don't have any, no tournament success and no real sustained success in co. Lulz.

You realize you don’t have any titles either right? I’m a Purdue fan win or lose. I have zero titles. I’m assuming you are an IU fan although you may be an ingenious Purdue fan. Either way you also have zero titles. Examining the situation further no IU fan has contributed to any of the championships won by IU. Seems obvious but you may not grasp the reality.

What makes you think I have a “girl”? I just thought his (and yours) posting style was especially submissive. When I see your posts I see an obvious need to please. No offense intended - you just seem like pussies.
Agree. Hail+bmore= total pussies

Submissive is blocking someone and then either unblocking them or clicking "View Ignored Content". You are weak-willed.

Reactions: SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT