Texas

Seattle
Houston

Angels
Oakland

Kansas City
Pittsburgh

Reactions: KisteK
I think MSU is too high in most of these polls. Then again, looking at these Top25's... it seems like a down year possibly, as far as elite teams go.
Yeah, I'd agree. Probably drop them a few spots to start season. Maybe 15th. Purdue won't be ranked to start, might slip in at some point but im not sure they are a ranked team this year. can still be good tho. Is henry still going to get the most minutes out of your freshmen you think?

TBH, not sure how Purdue is ranked. I mean I think they could be good. But damn...You guys lost 4 starters. Four very good starters.

Yeah not that they’ll be bad but Michigan lost less and went further last year. Can’t fault someone else opinion, we all have em.

Yeah, I'd agree. Probably drop them a few spots to start season. Maybe 15th. Purdue won't be ranked to start, might slip in at some point but im not sure they are a ranked team this year. can still be good tho. Is henry still going to get the most minutes out of your freshmen you think?
Henry definitely will. We dont really have any true wings on this team. He has also been by far the most impressive of the bunch thus far.

I def wouldn't put us in the top 25 -- too many question marks to start. I also suspect we'll get off to a slow start considering we have @FSU, @Michigan, @Texas, Maryland at home, ND (neutral), and possibly Wichita St (neutral)...before the middle of December.

It's not some impossible schedule by any means, I just don't think that it bodes well for a team breaking in a bunch of new pieces.

I'm hoping those early tests help us improve throughout the season. I do think we'll be a good defensive team with Nojel and Haarms playing substantial minutes, but wonder where the offense comes from outside of Carsen. We'll be very PNR heavy and will need to find answers outside of that. If we do, I think we can be a pretty dangerous team, just think we might put ourselves in a hole to start.

Reactions: BoilerExpress
giphy.gif

@hailtoyourvictor

Mets
Phillies

St Louis
Atlanta

Cincinnati
Milwaukee

San Fran
San Diego

Cubs
Arizona

Colorado
LA Dodgers

Minnesota
Detroit

Tampa Bay
Texas

Toronto
Baltimore

Boston
NYY

Chicago Sox
Cleveland

Seattle
Houston

Angels
Oakland

KC
Pittsburgh

Don't feel confident in today's games.

Not surprising but it looks like a Purdue/Xavier race for Newman. Ohio State visit looks to be off, but then he will visit Xavier the next weekend and then potentially a decision. Doesn't look like the CG Xavier commitment is keeping them from going after Newman still.

Reactions: Montana48
@hailtoyourvictor

Mets
Phillies

St Louis
Atlanta

Cincinnati
Milwaukee

San Fran
San Diego

Cubs
Arizona

Colorado
LA Dodgers

Minnesota
Detroit

Tampa Bay
Texas

Toronto
Baltimore

Boston
NYY

Chicago Sox
Cleveland

Seattle
Houston

Angels
Oakland

KC
Pittsburgh

Don't feel confident in today's games.

Three of those games already started when you posted

Reactions: klize17
Not surprising but it looks like a Purdue/Xavier race for Newman. Ohio State visit looks to be off, but then he will visit Xavier the next weekend and then potentially a decision. Doesn't look like the CG Xavier commitment is keeping them from going after Newman still.
thanks for the info. glad that OSU visit is off. Seems like something was botched here by Purdue if we can't win out.

thanks for the info. glad that OSU visit is off. Seems like something was botched here by Purdue if we can't win out.

Agreed, but he does have a longstanding relationship with Steele. I wouldn't throw all of that on Painter if Purdue doesn't get him. Would be a tough blow to have Franklin and Newman on campus together and get neither though.

Agreed, but he does have a longstanding relationship with Steele. I wouldn't throw all of that on Painter if Purdue doesn't get him. Would be a tough blow to have Franklin and Newman on campus together and get neither though.
Didn't Snow or Rabjohns mention that the visit for Newman wasn't great? Not saying it was bad, but meaning it just didn't blow him away or something like that?

Yeah I think that's fair. It would definitely be rough to miss out on both. Hope we end up with him, and think it would help with Hall.

Blue Ribbon Preseason Top 25:
  1. Kentucky
  2. Kansas
  3. Gonzaga
  4. Duke
  5. Tennessee
  6. Nevada
  7. Virginia
  8. Auburn
  9. Oregon
  10. Michigan State
  11. Mississippi State
  12. North Carolina
  13. Kansas State
  14. UCLA
  15. Florida State
  16. West Virginia
  17. Clemson
  18. LSU
  19. Purdue
  20. Florida
  21. Villanova
  22. Syracuse
  23. Michigan
  24. Virginia Tech
  25. TCU
https://blueribbonyearbook.com/blog...basketball-yearbook-releases-preseason-top-25
SEC way overrated this year. TN too high. MissSt should be around 20. Auburn is barely top 25.
Michigan is too low. I would swap them easily with Fl St.
Purdue lost way to much to even be in the top 25.
Just my take.

Reactions: KisteK
So the CBS Sports "Who's Next at..." articles are some of the worst click-bait I have ever seen, but god does seeing Crean as #2 on the Michigan State list make me smile.

Reactions: MGC_07 and SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT