ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I'm rare in that I'm such a B1G homer I actually want IU to be elite, but I hate Crean so much its hard to root for IU. Feel like if IU got Archie Miller two things would happen

1 - I'd love IU again
2 - they'd play defense

Amazing. Went from B1G homer to Purdue slappy.

That is a great thread Hail

Reactions: SNU0821
@boilerzz michigan fans say dumb shit, too. Hell I thought Jaaron Simmons would average 12ppg last year or something dumb. I’m just saying that no fan base is above having some bad takes.

Cool. So that same mentality apply to you Purdue basketball fans? Y’all haven’t been to a Final Four in 38 years. Good to know you’re essentially admitting your irrelevance.
Winning a bowl game is like winning the first round of the NCAAT, not like making it to a FF. That's the equivalent of being in the CFB playoffs.

Reactions: KisteK
You boys must have a lot of time on your hands. I check in after being in the field for several hours and this thread is 2-3 pages longer.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Cool. So that same mentality apply to you Purdue basketball fans? Y’all haven’t been to a Final Four in 38 years. Good to know you’re essentially admitting your irrelevance.

There's something ~40 bowl games a year.. out of ~130 teams.
There's (are you sitting down?) only 4 allowed in the F4 out of ~350 teams.

And people liked that post! My sarcasm meter must be busted.

50 best players in college basketball

https://thebiglead.com/2018/08/01/50-best-players-college-basketball-2018-2019/

Big Ten representation:

46 - Charles Matthews - Michigan
43 - Ethan Happ - Wisconsin
37 - Brad Davison - Wisconsin
36 - James Palmer - Nebraska
9 - Romeo Langford - Indiana
5 - Carsen Edwards - Purdue

What a shit list. Davison over Happ? No Morgan? I'd put Murphy and Winston in there too.

Lol. Davison in the top 50. He would be a nice 6-7th man at the two Michigan schools playing 20 minutes a game.

This whole Urban Liar drama reminds me that it is now August 1 and Tom Izzo has yet to address the allegations levied against his program in late January.

According to Izzo, this was to be addressed 'after the season' and the offseason is nearly 2/3 complete.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
He trolls me about Michigan not having a better season because we lost to Purdue twice.

You know how you have those days where you post shit and the entire Michigan fan base refuses to acknowledge you as a Michigan fan. That's JohnHoosierr every day for us.

This whole Urban Liar drama reminds me that it is now August 1 and Tom Izzo has yet to address the allegations levied against his program in late January.

According to Izzo, this was to be addressed 'after the season' and the offseason is nearly 2/3 complete.
He did address it. Look closely...you'll see the ribbon addressing it.

Anyone else release their non-conference?

Illinois' is pretty tough.

The one we were all anxious to see drop:

Day Date Opponent Site Time TV
Friday Nov. 9 FDU RAC
Sunday Nov. 11 Drexel RAC
Friday Nov. 16 St. John's (Gavitt Tip-Off) RAC
Monday Nov. 19 Eastern Michigan RAC
Friday Nov. 23 Boston University RAC
Wednesday Nov. 28 at Miami (B1G/ACC) Coral Gables, Fla.
Saturday Dec. 8 at Fordham Bronx, N.Y.
Saturday Dec. 15 at Seton Hall (GSH Classic) Newark, N.J.
Saturday Dec. 22 Columbia RAC
Saturday Dec. 29 Maine RAC

I hope those New York households were worth it.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Think the Porter you’re thinking of is in the nba now.
Jontay is going to potentially average a double-double and will be a lottery pick. Don't like Mizzou, but the kid is skilled.

JohnHoosierr said it for about 2 pages straight. Do you have him on ignore?
Literally never said that. You constantly shit talk Purdue so i had to remind you of the 2 ass beatings you received by us. Go get the quote where i said that you lying dumbass.

50 best players in college basketball

https://thebiglead.com/2018/08/01/50-best-players-college-basketball-2018-2019/

Big Ten representation:

46 - Charles Matthews - Michigan
43 - Ethan Happ - Wisconsin
37 - Brad Davison - Wisconsin
36 - James Palmer - Nebraska
9 - Romeo Langford - Indiana
5 - Carsen Edwards - Purdue

What a shit list. Davison over Happ? No Morgan? I'd put Murphy and Winston in there too.
No way Davison is better than Happ. I'm going to homer this until my face is blue, but the only reason Davison is mentioned above Frazier is because Illinois has been trash. Frazier is the better player.

There's something ~40 bowl games a year.. out of ~130 teams.
There's (are you sitting down?) only 4 allowed in the F4 out of ~350 teams.

And people liked that post! My sarcasm meter must be busted.
Appreciate you. Other than Purdue fans, no one calls out this guy's constant shit posts, so it's a welcome sight when someone not affiliated with Purdue does.

Reactions: KisteK
No way Davison is better than Happ. I'm going to homer this until my face is blue, but the only reason Davison is mentioned above Frazier is because Illinois has been trash. Frazier is the better player.
I might agree with that. Davison got a lot of attention last season because he played through that injury and plays with emotion. Both good players. But Frazier probably more talented.

Moving forward, I think Frazier will have a more productive career, but based on last season I can see why Davison is getting more preseason hype. He had better advanced numbers and shooting splits than Frazier while playing with an injury throughout most of the year.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Moving forward, I think Frazier will have a more productive career, but based on last season I can see why Davison is getting more preseason hype. He had better advanced numbers and shooting splits than Frazier while playing with an injury throughout most of the year.

Quit bringing facts into this discussion. These lists are stupid anyway. Just fodder for the summer.

Look at the conference stats once Frazier actually started getting playing time. Frazier turned the ball over less, assisted more, shot a higher eFG% (slightly lower ts%), scored more, and stole the ball more. I think Davison is really good and will get better, but Frazier was better. And, I think he will be better this season. He upped his vert to 42", so I'm hoping we see some Carsen dunks.

Which player would you take?

MP : 533 - 598
PER : 16.2 - 12.6
TS% : 0.512 - 0.537
eFG% : 0.5 - 0.48
3PAr : 0.533 - 0.549
FTr : 0.218 - 0.303
PProd : 248 - 209
ORB% : 0.7 - 1
DRB% : 8.9 - 9.5
TRB% : 4.3 - 5
AST% : 27.4 - 18.9