ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

juantitle2.jpg

Purdue sucks

**** that picture.

He had one Elite Eight by the time he was Painter's age but not a Final Four.

True. I do think the second part of my statement is just as important. The recruiting needs to improve to take Purdue to the next level, in my opinion. Past two recruiting rankings 2018 - 39 and 2017- 34 doesn't cut it.

He needs to get the occasional 5 star and not once a decade. I know its not easy. He has changed his recruiting style after the Ronnie Johnson class and he has put together some great teams, but he needs to improve.

Jesus christ are you seriously arguing that because they didn’t match the preseason polls that they under/overachieved? Guess K sucks, how many times has he been preseason number 1 and failed to win it all? I’m done arguing, if you guys are happy with Painter than so be it.
I think if you ask Duke fans if their team underachieved in years that they opened preseason top 3 and ended up outside the top 15 and didn't get past the Sweet Sixteen, they would say definitely.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
True. I do think the second part of my statement is just as important. The recruiting needs to improve to take Purdue to the next level, in my opinion. Past two recruiting rankings 2018 - 39 and 2017- 34 doesn't cut it.

He needs to get the occasional 5 star and not once a decade. I know its not easy. He has changed his recruiting style after the Ronnie Johnson class and he has put together some great teams, but he needs to improve.
Abso-freaking-lutely!

I like the dude a lot. I will like him more when he is coaching in the SEC or at Louisville in two years.

Brohm is the best. Dude just gets it which is refreshing after the train wreck we had to endure for 4 years with the Haze.

Reactions: klize17
Brohm is the best. Dude just gets it which is refreshing after the train wreck we had to endure for 4 years with the Haze.

Just to be clear, you don't mean the best coach in the country, right? Maybe just the best fit for Purdue? We don't want Snu to have any ammo for his hyperbolic rants.

Just to be clear, you don't mean the best coach in the country, right? Maybe just the best fit for Purdue? We don't want Snu to have any ammo for his hyperbolic rants.

Correct haha. Of all the coaches that were available that we could’ve hired, I’m not sure I would’ve taken any of them over Brohm to be honest.

Joey Brackets' way too early (and always wrong) 2019 Bracket has the following B1G teams:

• Michigan State - 2 seed
  • Michigan - 3 seed
  • Ohio State - 6 seed
  • Purdue - 7 seed
  • Nebraska - 9 seed
  • Maryland - 10 seed
  • Penn State - 11 seed
  • Indiana - next four out (after first four out)
  • Wisconsin - next four out (after first four out)
Lunardi must be expecting a bounceback season from the conference of runner-ups.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

MSU couldn't even secure a 2-seed this season, so not very confident they'll be able to get there next season.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
MSU couldn't even secure a 2-seed this season, so not very confident they'll be able to get there next season.
His seeds are definitely strange. I'm not sure what OSU brings back that would make one think they will get a 6 seed. I think Maryland is better than a 10 seed. And I think IU would likely be in the tournament.

Reactions: KisteK
His seeds are definitely strange. I'm not sure what OSU brings back that would make one think they will get a 6 seed. I think Maryland is better than a 10 seed. And I think IU would likely be in the tournament.

It is weird to see these early pre-season polls having MSU so high. Were they assuming JJJ was still undecided when they published?

MSU should be decent next year, Top-25ish but not sure they will have the ceiling of a 2-seed.

It is weird to see these early pre-season polls having MSU so high. Were they assuming JJJ was still undecided when they published?

MSU should be decent next year, Top-25ish but not sure they will have the ceiling of a 2-seed.
I don't think so for the most part. Winston is a great first start for you guys and could be the best point guard in the country. I'm guessing the national guys aren't as tuned into the drama around Ward as MSU fans and think he is a rock at center.

OSU will undergo a big change. A lot because of 2 lost recruiting classes by Coach Matta that will impact this year. Tate (graduation), Kam Williams (graduation), Keita Bates-Diop(NBA) and Andrew Dakich (completed grad transfer) will all be gone. 4 very good recruits come in and one or more will probably be expected to start. Luther Mohammed (SG), Jaedon Ladee (PF), Duane Washington (G), and Justin Ahrens (SF). Starters returning are Kaleb Wesson and CJ Jackson. Coach Holtman is recruiting 1 more addition to next season, he plans to bring in a Grad transfer PG. Other than that he may try and get 1 more grad transfer. So next year is very unpredictable, but after that things should be more stable and on the upswing.
Adding that sophs Micah Potter and Andre Wesson also played a lot this year.

OSU will undergo a big change. A lot because of 2 lost recruiting classes by Coach Matta that will impact this year. Tate (graduation), Kam Williams (graduation), Keita Bates-Diop(NBA) and Andrew Dakich (completed grad transfer) will all be gone. 4 very good recruits come in and one or more will probably be expected to start. Luther Mohammed (SG), Jaedon Ladee (PF), Duane Washington (G), and Justin Ahrens (SF). Starters returning are Kaleb Wesson and CJ Jackson. Coach Holtman is recruiting 1 more addition to next season, he plans to bring in a Grad transfer PG. Other than that he may try and get 1 more grad transfer. So next year is very unpredictable, but after that things should be more stable and on the upswing.
Adding that sophs Micah Potter and Andre Wesson also played a lot this year.
Yeah, I could definitely see them making the tournament. They are very much like Purdue with lots of question marks. The only big difference is Purdue has what should be a better alpha in Carsen Edwards.

Gotta hurt that one of the best recruits to come out of Indiana in a long time doesn't even consider Purdue. Yikes. I'm sure you guys will say he's just scared off by Carsen Edwards, Cline and Eastern, amirite? Lulz.

I don't think so for the most part. Winston is a great first start for you guys and could be the best point guard in the country. I'm guessing the national guys aren't as tuned into the drama around Ward as MSU fans and think he is a rock at center.
You can say that again. People don’t understand he cockiness and wining from Ward. In the post, 1 on 1, he’s a beast. But man, he really struggles in other areas.

Joey Brackets' way too early (and always wrong) 2019 Bracket has the following B1G teams:

• Michigan State - 2 seed
  • Michigan - 3 seed
  • Ohio State - 6 seed
  • Purdue - 7 seed
  • Nebraska - 9 seed
  • Maryland - 10 seed
  • Penn State - 11 seed
  • Indiana - next four out (after first four out)
  • Wisconsin - next four out (after first four out)
Lunardi must be expecting a bounceback season from the conference of runner-ups.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I get that this is as click bait, but these lists are beyond stupid. We dont even fully know which underclassmen are declaring yet/ who will return...its truly meaningless

You can say that again. People don’t understand he cockiness and wining from Ward. In the post, 1 on 1, he’s a beast. But man, he really struggles in other areas.
Last year, I was really lamenting Purdue missing on him. This year, I might be relieved. I could definitely see Xavier Tillman starting in front of him next year.

Archie heading to an in-home visit with Jackson-Davis tomorrow. Weird timing. Hoping it's a positive sign. Would love to get him on board early before "Big Man U" puts the pressure on. Lol.

Archie heading to an in-home visit with Jackson-Davis tomorrow. Weird timing. Hoping it's a positive sign. Would love to get him on board early before "Big Man U" puts the pressure on. Lol.

What are IU insiders saying? MSU after him too, but no idea where we stand.

Reactions: SNU0821
What are IU insiders saying? MSU after him too, but no idea where we stand.
We are in a pretty good spot. He’s taken quite a few visits. Looks like and Indiana MSU Witt Purdue also being an option. I’d say Indiana has the slight lead right now.

Keion Brooks another PF that is an Indiana MSU race right now, with Kansas and Purdue not to far behind. Pretty good prospect. No one really knows who has the lead with that one

Reactions: SNU0821
You really want to go there? Matty makes sure he gets every last drop of the money shot.

0GvLvvR.gif

rd9MAY6.jpg
Reaching hard on this one.

Crean set the precedent. It will follow Archie. Painter can't hold a candle to their memeability.

We are in a pretty good spot. He’s taken quite a few visits. Looks like and Indiana MSU Witt Purdue also being an option. I’d say Indiana has the slight lead right now.

Keion Brooks another PF that is an Indiana MSU race right now, with Kansas and Purdue not to far behind. Pretty good prospect. No one really knows who has the lead with that one

IU has good in with Schilling coaching his father in college. Flint also has become very close with the family.

Reaching hard on this one.

Crean set the precedent. It will follow Archie. Painter can't hold a candle to their memeability.

Every coach set the precedent. In the moment embarrassing photos are taken.

ADVERTISEMENT