ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Preseason KenPom rankings are out. If I were to guess, I'd say Iowa and Oregon are too high. IU and Rutgers are too low.

GZ0k605X0Aoh568
L oh ****ing L at Iowa with a defense under 1.05.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
They’re legit. Wonder if a bigger school will try to poach Cig.
No doubt. It'll be hard to keep him very long. But who knows.

Already has earned 1 year extension, plus $800k bonus.

Tbh, worried more about losing Shannhan

Even though it was a d2 exhibition, I was impressed by Isaac Asuma in his first college action. 8 pts and 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Kid looks very mature for a freshman and is definitely going to be a rotation player.

Guard depth is the best it has been under Johnson. 3 of our top six guys sat due to minor injuries and the backcourt depth showed with Oregon transfer, Brennan Rigsby and Mike Mitchell jr. combining for 38 points adding to what Asuma did.

Front court depth is concerning a bit though. Obviously Garcia is a stud and Parker Fox is a great energy bench guy and transfer Frank Mitchell is a beast rebounder, after those 3, we are pretty thin. Can't afford any injuries to those 3 st all.

Even though it was a d2 exhibition, I was impressed by Isaac Asuma in his first college action. 8 pts and 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Kid looks very mature for a freshman and is definitely going to be a rotation player.

Guard depth is the best it has been under Johnson. 3 of our top six guys sat due to minor injuries and the backcourt depth showed with Oregon transfer, Brennan Rigsby and Mike Mitchell jr. combining for 38 points adding to what Asuma did.

Front court depth is concerning a bit though. Obviously Garcia is a stud and Parker Fox is a great energy bench guy and transfer Frank Mitchell is a beast rebounder, after those 3, we are pretty thin. Can't afford any injuries to those 3 st all.
We still doing silly season?

They’re legit. Wonder if a bigger school will try to poach Cig.
Hoping we back up the brinks and he stays at least a few more years or he just decides **** it I can win here. But feel like he'll want to climb to a place with as many resources as possible to show what he can do. Don't think he'll take just any job.

Tom Allen had one good year, right? Or maybe two? I can't quite remember.
So maybe this year is a Tom Allen good year for Cigs.
If he strings together a few 8- and 9-win seasons, then we can talk about him jumping to greener pasture.
Hoping we back up the brinks and he stays at least a few more years or he just decides **** it I can win here. But feel like he'll want to climb to a place with as many resources as possible to show what he can do. Don't think he'll take just any job.

If he strings together a few 8- and 9-win seasons, then we can talk about him jumping to greener pasture.
Certainly but that was also because of Debor being OC. A bit of a perfect storm but hard to argue Cigs effectiveness in one year of using the portal and getting guys to buy in.

Reactions: Sparty_57
I would imagine any big program that just fired a coach will want to see more than one season. Becuase after all "IU has played all cupcakes and has not seen a defense even close to what they will see with the Black Shirts"

His age and the fact that Btown is a tremendous place to live work in IU's favor.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Ducks about to be #1. Not bad for your first season in the B1G.

I would imagine any big program that just fired a coach will want to see more than one season. Becuase after all "IU has played all cupcakes and has not seen a defense even close to what they will see with the Black Shirts"

His age and the fact that Btown is a tremendous place to live work in IU's favor.
I mean, who have you played? I see no one worth a shit on that schedule so far. Time will tell.

I mean, who have you played? I see no one worth a shit on that schedule so far. Time will tell.
How much longer we gonna hear this? All we heard going into Nebraska game was..'Nebraska defense..'--IU hasn't played anyone...

56-7.

Cant help the schedule. It is what it is. But IU has not just won, they have blistered everyone.

Sat will be a solid test. Especially w/o Rourke. So we'll see. Im sure when IU does lose, you'll let us know how overrated they are.

How much longer we gonna hear this? All we heard going into Nebraska game was..'Nebraska defense..'--IU hasn't played anyone...

56-7.

Cant help the schedule. It is what it is. But IU has not just won, they have blistered everyone.

Sat will be a solid test. Especially w/o Rourke. So we'll see. Im sure when IU does lose, you'll let us know how overrated they are.
No I couldn’t care less about football much less IU football. Just looking at it as an outside objective observer.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
No I couldn’t care less about football much less IU football. Just looking at it as an outside objective observer.
That's cool. Schedule has been meh. No doubt. But the eye test shows you this is a pretty good football team.

I was skeptical. Until yesterday. They dismantled a good NB team.

Could very well lose to Wash . Then again, they could win.

Stretch of Wash, Michigan, @ OSU will tell us how good they are.

That's cool. Schedule has been meh. No doubt. But the eye test shows you this is a pretty good football team.

I was skeptical. Until yesterday. They dismantled a good NB team.

Could very well lose to Wash . Then again, they could win.

Stretch of Wash, Michigan, @ OSU will tell us how good they are.
Haven’t watched IU yet. How are the UW transfers faring?

It's literally been said after every game with a caveat of "we'll know more next week against so and so", then they go and win easily and it's rinsed and repeated.

It's literally been said after every game with a caveat of "we'll know more next week against so and so", then they go and win easily and it's rinsed and repeated.
I just don’t see anyone worth a damn that you’ve played so far. You have an Iowa like schedule this year. You’re taking advantage of it so far. Good on you for doing that.

Spot on. We have played no one. You guys would be 7-0 with IU's schedule. Anyone here would be.

a few Neb fans walked past our tailgate on the way in Sat. I gave several a drink as they had walked a long way. They all had the same mantra..."you guys are doing great...I mean, for IU...but you haven't played anyone and have certainly not seen anything like the defense you are about to see...The Black Shirts man...the Black Shirts are in town"

Look, this isn't like Iowa or MSU making the jump to the BIG elite...this is freaking IU making the jump to the upper middle of the pack. They could lose out and still have turned the program around.

Blow me.

Well, 6-1. Read and hear it all the time.
There are delusional fans in every fan base but I figured the Purdue fans had already been beaten down enough to have lost their delusion.

I think we'd be 3-4 or 4-3 but certainly not 6-1.

It's hard to tell how good Nebraska is. They've played a shit schedule too. But 56-7 is 56-7.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Washington is the fourth of IUs five BIG opponents coming off a bye week before playing us.

That has to be some sort of record right?

Something you don't see looking at the schedule/game log.

Washington is the fourth of IUs five BIG opponents coming off a bye week before playing us.

That has to be some sort of record right?

Something you don't see looking at the schedule/game log.
You think that's an advantage for them? Purdue is on bye this week and the early line is Purdue +8.

ADVERTISEMENT