ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I heard it was because you guys were extra cheap.

Wouldn’t offer him over 200k 😂
you got a 7th place finish and first round exit for yore money. 🤷‍♂️ maybe if Illinois starts handing out millions they’ll make a sweet 16 for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
you got a 7th place finish and first round exit for yore money. 🤷‍♂️ maybe if Illinois starts handing out millions they’ll make a sweet 16 for a change.
That is the plan.

But really man, I’m glad you guys were cheap. We would’ve been NIT bound (like Michigan😭) without him

Reactions: RichieRebel
That is the plan.

But really man, I’m glad you guys were cheap. We would’ve been NIT bound (like Michigan😭) without him
Yeah cause getting bent over in the first round and immediately going home is so much better…

It 100% is.

Your NIT year cost you Dickinson, who’s a potential 1st team AA next season
Okay whatever helps you cope with your program’s continued mediocrity.

And Dickinson is just after a bigger NIL haul because he’ll be in the Chinese league in 2 years. I don’t really blame him though

Wherever we are, you are lower.

I get that coping with that isn’t easy for you, but denial doesn’t change reality
If being slightly better than Michigan under Howard helps you cope with the fact that the round of 32 is your absolute ceiling then by all means continue to cope. I’ve never seen fans of such an irrelevant program talk so sh1t before. Illinois is mid in every sport that exists.

And Dickinson is just after a bigger NIL haul because he’ll be in the Chinese league in 2 years. I don’t really blame him though
Not paying for an all-American is one way to do it😂😂
the fact that the round of 32 is your absolute ceiling
It’s too bad you don’t actually believe this shit.

I’m still waiting on this bet👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
Not paying for an all-American is one way to do it😂😂
It’s too bad you don’t actually believe this shit.

I’m still waiting on this bet👍🏻
Maybe Illinois should pay Dickinson. He’s actually been past the first weekend in the tournament before, unlike anyone on yore team. 😉
Yeah you’re right, how dare I doubt underwood after all the other deep tournament runs he’s had in his coaching career…

Maybe Illinois should pay Dickinson. He’s actually been past the first weekend in the tournament before, unlike anyone on yore team. 😉
They have a million or more for him. We’ll have to see what Kansas offers him this week
Yeah you’re right, how dare I doubt underwood after all the other deep tournament runs he’s had in his coaching career…
Nobody cares if you “doubt” him.

Seems like you certainly doubt that take though, considering you won’t bet it.

They have a million or more for him. We’ll have to see what Kansas offers him this week
Nobody cares if you “doubt” him.

Seems like you certainly doubt that take though, considering you won’t bet it.
No one cares if an Illinois slappy is certain big things are coming from a coach who has never actually accomplished anything ever at a program that has been completely irrelevant for the last 2 decades. Get back to me when you accomplish anything in modern times little man
And Illinois can splash around all the NIL money they want to, still won’t be relevant nationally in any sport that exists. That’s just the reality of Illinois athletics. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
No one cares if an Illinois slappy is certain big things are coming from a coach who has never actually accomplished anything ever at a program that has been completely irrelevant for the last 2 decades. Get back to me when you accomplish anything in modern times little man
Get back to me when you are confident enough to bet your stupid ass takes.

Or are you broke like your Michigans NIL funds?

Get back to me when you are confident enough to bet your stupid ass takes.

Or are you broke like your Michigans NIL funds?
Illinois athletics are absolute poverty. Basketball program died out after Self’s recruits left, football program never was alive in the first place, too poor to have a hockey program ect.
I’ve tried to get you numerous times that Illinois won’t make the final four in 2024, but even you, deep down understand how impoverished yore athletic department really is and won’t do it.

I’ve tried to get you numerous times that Illinois won’t make the final four in 2024, but even you, deep down understand how impoverished yore athletic department really is and won’t do it.
This is super embarrassing, brokey.

But I won’t hold it against you. You are trying your best with very limited material at the moment

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
This is super embarrassing, brokey.

But I won’t hold it against you. You are trying your best with very limited material at the moment
Super embarrassing like not being able to even win the western division in football and not making a sweet 16 in 20 years?

Super embarrassing like not being able to even win the western division in football and not making a sweet 16 in 20 years?
Gotta say, I’m super impressed that you almost made it an entire conversation without deflecting to football.

You’re improving (marginally)

Gotta say, I’m super impressed that you almost made it an entire conversation without deflecting to football.

You’re improving (marginally)
No, I also mentioned that Illinois hasn’t made a sweet 16 in 2 decades. 😉

Now proceed to brag about how much money Illinois desperately is throwing at basketball players.

Why didn’t he just take the required class over the summer if he wanted to be at Michigan?

Sounds like he just wanted out…

We both had players ineligible for the same reason, but when I cited the reason Jay called it a spin. Hence the joke of calling it a spin when you cited losing a player for the same reason.

We both had players ineligible for the same reason, but when I cited the reason Jay called it a spin. Hence the joke of calling it a spin when you cited losing a player for the same reason.
Except our player took the class and made it to Illinois, before getting a pro offer and leaving.

Your player would rather go somewhere else than have to take the class.

You can see the difference, right?

Except our player took the class and made it to Illinois, before getting a pro offer and leaving.

Your player would rather go somewhere else than have to take the class.

You can see the difference, right?

We agree that he couldn’t get in because of admissions it sounds like

Papa Kante couldn’t pass a test an admissions test.

Which part of that sentence do you disagree with?
I believe that he didn’t pass the test. Perrin didn’t pass it either. Then a couple of months later he passed it and enrolled at Illinois. Kante could do the same thing this summer for Michigan but he chose not to.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I believe that he didn’t pass the test. Perrin didn’t pass it either. Then a couple of months later he passed it and enrolled at Illinois. Kante could do the same thing this summer for Michigan but he chose not to.

So how is me saying it was an admissions issue a spin?

So how is me saying it was an admissions issue a spin?
It’s not really. But I think all that jaycg is saying is that if Kante wanted to, he could retake the test and pass it a couple of months later if he wanted to. If he really wanted to be at UM then he would do that.

Reactions: Jaycg15
It’s not really. But I think all that jaycg is saying is that if Kante wanted to, he could retake the test and pass it a couple of months later if he wanted to. If he really wanted to be at UM then he would do that.

Or fail again in a couple months maybe? Or maybe he is lazy and didn’t wanna take the summer course? Who knows.

Maybe he figured it was easier to just go somewhere with more relaxed admissions? I don’t know and I don’t have his number.

But calling it an admissions issue isn’t a spin. It was an admissions issue that he didn’t feel like working through for whatever reason we probably won’t ever know.

Oh I’m not agreeing.

If he wanted to be there he’d be getting ready for summer school

Maybe he is lazy. Who knows. It is an admissions issue that for whatever reason he didn’t feel like working through.

I don’t know how you can disagree that it was an admissions issue. That part is factual.

ADVERTISEMENT