ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Yes Kante not being at Michigan had nothing to do with admissions. Got it.
Who said it had nothing to with admissions?

One summer class is all it took to get in… So he must not want to be there too badly, hell even Mayer had to take a class last summer to get in to Illinois

Who said it had nothing to with admissions?

One summer class is all it took to get in… So he must not want to be there too badly, hell even Mayer had to take a class last summer to get in to Illinois

Did it have to do with admissions or not?

Did it have to do with admissions or not?
friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

It’s pretty bad if you can’t get the minimum toefl score to get into u of m. There are any number of students there with questionable English. They pay double in tuition so the university allows it.

So we at least agree the admissions had something to do with it right?
If Illinois missed on Mayer because he has to take a summer class, I don’t think you’d would've said it was an admissions issue.

Again, biggest issue is the kid didn’t want to play for your declining program.

Did admissions say he could never take the test again, or did he decide to not take it? Bet Juwan didn’t think he’d give up after the first try.
Yeah maybe he’ll magically learn English by the time summer rolls around….

If he wanted to be there he’d be working through it.

Just like Perrin did last year, DJ.
This is some serious delusion. More like Illinois just drops any and all academic requirements for athletes because they’re so desperate for any semblance of success in sports. I don’t blame them either. 30 years without even so much as a sweet 16 appearance? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yeah maybe he’ll magically learn English by the time summer rolls around….
Perrin failed that test in August and passed in Late October.

Plenty of time. If he wanted to join in the shit show that is Michigan basketball at the moment🤡

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
If Illinois missed on Mayer because he has to take a summer class, I don’t think you’d would've said it was an admissions issue.

He prolly just wasn’t interested in playing for an irrelevant program that never develops any nba talent more than anything. You can go loose in the first round of the tournament at any number of places. It isn’t unique to Illinois

Perrin failed that test in August and passed in Late October.

Plenty of time. If he wanted to join in the shit show that is Michigan basketball at the moment🤡
Again, more likely that Illinois just waived the requirement rather than he took the test again and just magically got a high enough score to qualify. The academic requirements at Illinois aren’t especially high anyway. For athletes they’re probably nonexistent.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
He prolly just wasn’t interested in playing for an irrelevant program that never develops any nba talent more than anything.
What are you talking about?

You had 2 first round picks and still couldn’t make the tourney.

Guess that’s not appealing to some kids, who would’ve thought

What are you talking about?

You had 2 first round picks and still couldn’t make the tourney.

Guess that’s not appealing to some kids, who would’ve thought
Yeah Michigan at least puts people in the nba. Illinois doesn’t win tournament games or put people in the nba. Aside from the nil money they do desperately throw at athletes, what is even the point of committing to Illinois?

Again, more likely that Illinois just waived the requirement rather than he took the test again and just magically got a high enough score to qualify. The academic requirements at Illinois aren’t especially high anyway. For athletes they’re probably nonexistent.
We have plenty of kids that don’t make the cut.

Manny Bates was supposed to be our starting center last year, but couldn’t get in.

We just don’t cry about it a year later like you do with Shannon (even though he was always coming to Illinois, you losers just got baited)

• Haha
Yeah Michigan at least puts people in the nba. Illinois doesn’t win tournament games or put people in the nba. Aside from the nil money they do desperately throw at athletes, what is even the point of committing to Illinois?
Winning games and money, the reason every athlete plays sports.

Stop being cheap and you’ll get the first part down again

• Haha

Either admissions were involved or they weren’t. Which do you think it is?

Winning games and money, the reason every athlete plays sports.

Stop being cheap and you’ll get the first part down again
I seem to have forgotten about the winning part. I don’t recall Illinois winning too many tournament games in recent times. Guess it’s nice that kids playing for mid programs are getting in on the NIL action though

You’d have to ask him.

Why does he need to take summer classes at all? Admissions?
Pull up my post that says admissions wasn’t a PART of this.

Strawman arguments aren’t getting you very far here.

Oh, and the answer to my question was desire to play for your program. So sad.

Do you think admissions were a part of this?

“I never said admissions were a part of it.”

Do you think admissions weren’t a part of this?

“I never said admissions weren’t a part of this.”

Thrilling discussion

ADVERTISEMENT