ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

How have you been coping with the reality of Illinois’s program over the last 2 decades? Did watching other sports that Illinois happens to be good at help? 😂
No, I would’ve rather watched NIT level teams rather some other shit sport.

You’ll know the feeling year after year if Juwan is your coach.

No, I would’ve rather watched NIT level teams rather some other shit sport.

You’ll know the feeling year after year if Juwan is your coach.
That’s because Illinois is even worse at other sports than they are at basketball. No one in Ann Arbor will care too much as long as football does well. Btw just picked up a 5* QB today so not all doom and gloom for Michigan 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
That’s because Illinois is even worse at other sports than they are at basketball. No one in Ann Arbor will care too much as long as football does well. Btw just picked up a 5* QB today so not all doom and gloom for Michigan 🤷‍♂️
Is your nihilistic view on Michigan basketball why you live on the college basketball board deflecting about Michigan basketball?

Is your nihilistic view on Michigan basketball why you live on the college basketball board deflecting about Michigan basketball?
Better than being an Illinois fan who deflects from the fact their program has been irrelevant for 2 decades now by pointing to Michigan basketball 🤷‍♂️

Better than being an Illinois fan who deflects from the fact their program has been irrelevant for 2 decades now by pointing to Michigan basketball 🤷‍♂️
No need to deflect, unless Purdue gets 5 more wins than us next season, Illinois will have the best record in the conference going on 5 years now.

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
Oh, look. Another deflection. Your team could’ve used some of those while Illinois was penetrating your program.

Love and Xavier Johnson would be a really interesting and entertaining backcourt. Would need to put a shooter next to those two but it would be really fun either way. In the games where they both release the kraken at the same time, I'd bet they could beat any team in the nation. Always could lose to any team too in the games they are both off. Intriguing for sure.

Love and Xavier Johnson would be a really interesting and entertaining backcourt. Would need to put a shooter next to those two but it would be really fun either way. In the games where they both release the kraken at the same time, I'd bet they could beat any team in the nation. Always could lose to any team too in the games they are both off. Intriguing for sure.
This....It could be a dynamite back court---like best in CBB, OR----It could be the worst. And thats just through November.

TBH I would not mind Love. I think Woody could control him. I mean look, he got X under control.

XJ/Love and Galloway(absolutely no ball handling responsibility) would be/could be very good.

No need to deflect, unless Purdue gets 5 more wins than us next season, Illinois will have the best record in the conference going on 5 years now.
And still will be a first round exit. Super impressive stuff

Oh, look. Another deflection. Your team could’ve used some of those while Illinois was penetrating your program.
To be fair we deep dicked you for a decade straight before Juwan showed up. Hopefully this year’s team will be so bad that our AD will have no choice but to get rid of Juwan then we can hire some super elite coach who finishes 7th in the conference and gets bounced in the first round of the tournament over and over like Underwood

• Haha
Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
And still will be a first round exit. Super impressive stuff
Underwood’s first 3 tournaments at Illinois:

2nd round Exit
2nd round Exit
1st round Exit

John Beilien’s first 3 tournaments at Michigan:

2nd round exit
2nd round exit
1st round exit

Underwood’s first 3 tournaments at Illinois:

2nd round Exit
2nd round Exit
1st round Exit

John Beilien’s first 3 tournaments at Michigan:

2nd round exit
2nd round exit
1st round exit
Difference is Beilein had won some tournament games before we swiped him from WVU. Underwood never has, never will

Difference is Beilein had won some tournament games before we swiped him from WVU. Underwood never has, never will
Beilien had 2 wins in 3 tourneys at Michigan. Same as Underwood does so far at Illinois😂

Your talking points are absolute shit, better switch the subject to football or hockey, dumbass.

• Haha
Beilien had 2 wins in 3 tourneys at Michigan. Same as Underwood does so far at Illinois😂

Your talking points are absolute shit, better switch the subject to football or hockey, dumbass.
How many times has underwood made it past the first weekend of the tournament in his career? I hate to break it to you, but he’s never going to a final four ever. Even in his best season ever he couldn’t beat Loyola. Have fun being irrelevant in every sport that exists. I guess yore used to it by now at least. 🤷‍♂️

How many times has underwood made it past the first weekend of the tournament in his career? I hate to break it to you, but he’s never going to a final four ever. Even in his best season ever he couldn’t beat Loyola. Have fun being irrelevant in every sport that exists. I guess yore used to it by now at least. 🤷‍♂️
I hope you have watching us in the tournament every year moving forward.

Juwan will final four-less as well, except he will be NIT.

You don’t have to watch though, heard there will be some third tier girls sport on to ease your pain.

• Haha
Like Fran he’s never made a sweet 16. Pathetic.

I hope you have watching us in the tournament every year moving forward.

Juwan will final four-less as well, except he will be NIT.

You don’t have to watch though, heard there will be some third tier girls sport on to ease your pain.
I’ll be watching lose in the first round over and over again. Underwood will never make it past the round of 32 ever. Get back to me when Illinois is nationally relevant in any sport that exists. Michigan actually matters in a couple of sports, which is something Illinois will never be able to say ever.

Last edited:
I’ll be watching lose in the first round over and over again.
I literally just posted his tournament results at Illinois, bud.

He’s lost in the 1st round once.
Underwood will never make it past the round of 32 ever.
I will take that bet. You game?
Michigan actually matters in a couple of sports
Less relevant than Illinois in basketball😂😂

Speaking of tournament results, you wanna talk about Michigan football?

So far I’ve got you down for losing to TCU as a heavy favorite, and getting demolished by Georgia. Sound about right?

I literally just posted his tournament results at Illinois, bud.

He’s lost in the 1st round once.

I will take that bet. You game?
Less relevant than Illinois in basketball😂😂

Speaking of tournament results, you wanna talk about Michigan football?

So far I’ve got you down for losing to TCU as a heavy favorite, and getting demolished by Georgia. Sound about right?
Illinois fan trying to talk about football 😂
Michigan has been to the national semi final in back to back seasons in football. This year will be the best Michigan team since 97. Illinois can’t make a national semi final in basketball and most certainly will never do it in football. As for hockey, Illinois is too poor to even have a hockey program. 😉 Illinois is about as relevant nationally in athletics as the University of Chicago is.

Underwood has this far lost in the round of 32 twice and been bounced in the first round once. He couldn’t even beat Loyola with the best team he’s ever had. So yeah I’ll accept yore bet that Illinois won’t be going to the final four next year. Easy money

Last edited:

Beilein didn’t lose to Loyola though 😉

Illinois fan trying to talk about football 😂
No, I’m talking about postseason results. Michigan Football was just the example.

You know that team that is 1-6 in the postseason during Harbaugh’s era there?

That looks way worse than Underwood who’s 2-3 in the postseason.

So yeah I’ll accept yore bet that Illinois won’t be going to the final four next year. Easy money

Why don’t we bring in a team from the conference who’s coach actually has a Final four? See what they think about this bet?

Do you know which team I’m talking about?

Underwood will never make it past the round of 32 ever.
In the meantime, I just don’t understand why you won’t take this bet though, I mean you said it so assuredly.

Do you not actually believe in this or do you just not want to bet on this?

Why don’t we bring in a team from the conference who’s coach actually has a Final four? See what they think about this bet?

Do you know which team I’m talking about?

In the meantime, I just don’t understand why you won’t take this bet though, I mean you said it so assuredly.

Do you not actually believe in this or do you just not want to bet on this?
I mean underwood has never actually been past the 2nd round ever in 10 years of coaching. Even if you count all the vacated seasons from his time at SFA. Even with his best team ever, he still couldn’t beat Loyola 😂 what makes you think he’s suddenly going to become a good coach?

No, I’m talking about postseason results. Michigan Football was just the example.

You know that team that is 1-6 in the postseason during Harbaugh’s era there?

That looks way worse than Underwood who’s 2-3 in the postseason.
Yeah because Harbaugh has played FSU, Georgia, Bama and Florida in the post season. He was absolutely robbed against TCU. You can give him shit for losing to South Carolina I suppose.
Underwood can’t even beat Loyola

To be fair we deep dicked you for a decade straight before Juwan showed up. Hopefully this year’s team will be so bad that our AD will have no choice but to get rid of Juwan then we can hire some super elite coach who finishes 7th in the conference and gets bounced in the first round of the tournament over and over like Underwood
Uh, sir, he’s been bounced in the first round 1x at Illinois. Please use your words accurately when attempting douchebaggery.

ADVERTISEMENT