ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Didn't seem to have a big role w/ Bama. Numbers aren't great.
To be fair, Bama was pretty stacked this year and apparently this kid was fighting off injuries. Could be a case of Charles Matthews who just didn’t get playing time at a stacked program or could be a case of Joey Baker who wasn’t getting playing time at a stacked program for a reason. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: jwardelt
To be fair, Bama was pretty stacked this year and apparently this kid was fighting off injuries. Could be a case of Charles Matthews who just didn’t get playing time at a stacked program or could be a case of Joey Baker who wasn’t getting playing time at a stacked program for a reason. 🤷‍♂️
You guys like multi year one and dones apparently. ;)

Reactions: Sparty_57
He won’t be eligible to play next year, correct?
Lifted from the Detroit News

Since Burnett has already transferred once, he’d likely need to graduate or receive a waiver to play right away at Michigan. The Wolverines have lost one starting perimeter player, freshman wing Jett Howard, this offseason and could lose another if sophomore guard Kobe Bufkin also opts to leave for the NBA Draft.

“Definitely want to be able to play right away and contribute right away,” Burnett told The Next Round. “Part of that is becoming a grad transfer. I’ve collected enough credits — we’ll see how those credits transfer to the next place I go to. Kind of getting that done over the summer and going from there.”

Lifted from the Detroit News

Since Burnett has already transferred once, he’d likely need to graduate or receive a waiver to play right away at Michigan. The Wolverines have lost one starting perimeter player, freshman wing Jett Howard, this offseason and could lose another if sophomore guard Kobe Bufkin also opts to leave for the NBA Draft.

“Definitely want to be able to play right away and contribute right away,” Burnett told The Next Round. “Part of that is becoming a grad transfer. I’ve collected enough credits — we’ll see how those credits transfer to the next place I go to. Kind of getting that done over the summer and going from there.”
Plan is for him to be a grad transfer with 3 years remaining. I’m sure admissions will fvck it up.

Didn’t he have some knee injury last year and ‘sat’ out. I could see a waiver being approved, still doubt transfers are enforced to require players to sit out a year.

Any truth to the Hunter portal? I am assuming it’s like Kofi to up the ante?

I know he knows the Howard’s pretty well from Jett being at IMG. Not my first choice but I’d definitely take him.
He has potential....Just never blossomed at IU----and the offense was built for a kid like him. Just never clicked. His shooting was yikes---I know---37%. BUT...

In four games he was 17-27: 62%
In the other 31---20-27: 27%

BUt who knows---SOmetimes a fresh start is what a kid needs. Although I was surprised to hear Michigan. Seems he's made it known he wants to be closer to his daughter. I would guess Mizzou, Creighton...He's from Kansas City.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Expected obviously---But he's not NBA ready. As one home board guy said---"If its about getting $$,and being inthe NBA, then sure....But if it about STAYING in the NBA----Nope."

Lottery pick $$ is good---no doubt. But as we all know, its that second contract thats important.

I have seen him anywhere from 13th-30th. Questions about his perimeter game(3 ball), finishing at the rim, and shot selection. He only shot like 44% from 2----and when you're an attacking guard,who's primary go to is a mid-rnge game? Yeah, 44% is not very good. But at 6'6", 220---he's an attactive player. But just not sure he's athletic enough, can finish at the rim good enough,to be an impact guy...I wouldn't be surprised at all if he fell on Draft night.

Don't get me wrong, very good player---and probably the best frosh in the league. Just not sold he's ready for the NBA. Handles at times were soft.

Expected obviously---But he's not NBA ready. As one home board guy said---"If its about getting $$,and being inthe NBA, then sure....But if it about STAYING in the NBA----Nope."

Lottery pick $$ is good---no doubt. But as we all know, its that second contract thats important.

I have seen him anywhere from 13th-30th. Questions about his perimeter game(3 ball), finishing at the rim, and shot selection. He only shot like 44% from 2----and when you're an attacking guard,who's primary go to is a mid-rnge game? Yeah, 44% is not very good. But at 6'6", 220---he's an attactive player. But just not sure he's athletic enough, can finish at the rim good enough,to be an impact guy...I wouldn't be surprised at all if he fell on Draft night.

Don't get me wrong, very good player---and probably the best frosh in the league. Just not sold he's ready for the NBA. Handles at times were soft.
I don't know. I'm sure Johnny Davis is fine w/ his $20M. Second contract be damned. I don't know where he's projected, but if it's lottery, you go. Stupid not too.

ADVERTISEMENT