ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I think he’s looking to get back to the east coast and I’ve heard he thinks he’s worth more NIL than we think he does.

Sounds like Georgetown. He was previously committed to Cooley at Providence.
I think this is pretty common these days

Reactions: cmore79
I actually liked him when he first started calling games. But then he went off the deep end fast.
Not me. Even when he was supposedly "better" as an announcer back in the day, he'd shoe-horn an anecdote about himself or Indiana into like an Iowa/Ohio State game in SUCH a cringe way, and his compliments of conference rivals would always be so back-handed.

My sister went to Butler and lived in Indy for about nine years, and her college roommate knows Dakich's kid decently well. She said Dan Dakich is THE definition of a blow-hard, haha.

Think I might spend more time here this offseason. Between the hyperemotional handful of negative nancies harpooning every thread with their angst and the ridiculously clueless, our homeboard is untenable at the moment. Among the things I've seen the last few days are:
  • Caitlan Clark would have started for Purdue against FDU
  • Purdue would be better off without Zach Edey next year
  • Purdue should put the full court press on Caleb Love because he was a 5 star (who cares that he shot 38% last year and torpedoed UNC's culture)

Think I might spend more time here this offseason. Between the hyperemotional handful of negative nancies harpooning every thread with their angst and the ridiculously clueless, our homeboard is untenable at the moment. Among the things I've seen the last few days are:
  • Purdue should put the full court press on Caleb Love because he was a 5 star (who cares that he shot 38% last year and torpedoed UNC's culture)
People are stupid.

Reactions: boilerzz
It’s unbearable over there

Reactions: boilerzz
Wisconsin should go to the NIT every year, they're kicking ass
giphy.gif

@IUBtown

Just a refresher for you

Here are some B1G teams records over Kofi’s 3 years at Illinois within conference play.

1st- Illinois: 44-16
2nd- Wisconsin: 39-21
3rd- Iowa: 37-23
T-4th- Purdue: 36-23
Michigan: 35-22
6th- Ohio State: 35-25
7th- Michigan State: 34-26
8th- Rutgers: 33-27
9th- Maryland: 30-30
10th- Indiana: 25-34

The difference between Illinois and 2nd place was 5 games, that same gap is the difference between 2nd and 7th place over that span.

If Illinois had Kofi back last season, they would’ve (likely) been the unanimous favorite for the conference. And rightfully so.

But they weren’t (because he didn’t return), and thus I never said they should be THE favorites. And you know I would’ve said that, again if Kofi returned.

And hear me out because this is the crazy part, I never said they’d be favorites because I thought they’d be worse without him…. Super crazy, right?

Last edited:
Lmao what a pathetic display by Wisconsin.

3 points in the final 13:12 of the game and they lose after leading the entire contest.

Don't ever f***ing beat Iowa in any sport ever again. You don't even get the privilege of being able to say "no promises" either.

looked like a guy that would probably be frustrating as a fan, but was improving and could've been a nice piece for next year.
Very frustrating. He was a guy with athletic tools and shooting ability just made so many mistakes. There's more than basketball at play here with his kid and all.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Very frustrating. He was a guy with athletic tools and shooting ability just made so many mistakes. There's more than basketball at play here with his kid and all.
Definitely had some erratic decision making where you weren't sure if the light would ever go on.

looked like a guy that would probably be frustrating as a fan, but was improving and could've been a nice piece for next year.
Meh.....Not a big loss. I know folks on homeboard have pointed out wherre he shot 37% from three....Very, very misleading...

In four games he shot 62%---17-27.
In the other 31 games he shot 27%----20-72.

After torching MSU with 5 three's(5-8) and 17 points, he didn't score more than 7 points over the nest 14 games---He had 5 games where he did not score.

Went 0-13 in the NCAAT.

After two years of this, it would be hard to expect anything different next year.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Meh.....Not a big loss. I know folks on homeboard have pointed out wherre he shot 37% from three....Very, very misleading...

In four games he shot 62%---17-27.
In the other 31 games he shot 27%----20-72.

After torching MSU with 5 three's(5-8) and 17 points, he didn't score more than 7 points over the nest 14 games---He had 5 games where he did not score.

Went 0-13 in the NCAAT.

After two years of this, it would be hard to expect anything different next year.
In the context of him being an inconsistent player, yeah.

But you guys lose a lot of shotmaking, and that's where I'd want a talented sophomore with a nice stroke coming back for year 3.

Reactions: jwardelt
In the context of him being an inconsistent player, yeah.

But you guys lose a lot of shotmaking, and that's where I'd want a talented sophomore with a nice stroke coming back for year 3.
Not if that sophomore basically shot 27%....He made shots in 5 games. The other 30 he was awful. Cannot finish at the rim. Feel IU can and will do better in the portal.

Edit---IU has Gunn and Banks as well. Bringing in Cupps and Newton. IMP any of those 4 could provide just as much, if not more than what Bates would have. Plus I look for Galloway to get more shots up.

Just not a huge loss.

Not if that sophomore basically shot 27%....He made shots in 5 games. The other 30 he was awful. Cannot finish at the rim. Feel IU can and will do better in the portal.

Edit---IU has Gunn and Banks as well. Bringing in Cupps and Newton. IMP any of those 4 could provide just as much, if not more than what Bates would have. Plus I look for Galloway to get more shots up.

Just not a huge loss.
We'll see what is brought in. I'd personally want to keep a guy that has shown the ability to hit shots, even if it was inconsistent.

ADVERTISEMENT