ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

We'll see what is brought in. I'd personally want to keep a guy that has shown the ability to hit shots, even if it was inconsistent.
He hit shots in 6 out of 35 games...Thats not inconsistent. That is being bad at shooting.

Vs Jackson State--22 points. 8/11 FGA, 4-6 three
Vs Nebraska---19 points. 7-12/5-8
Vs Arizona---13 points. 6-10/1-3
Vs Kennesaw State---19 points. 7-12/3-7
Vs MSU----17 points. 5-8/5-6
VS PSU---14 points... 6-12/2-5

9 games with NO points..
9 games with 5 points or less..

Just not that big of a loss...

We'll see what is brought in. I'd personally want to keep a guy that has shown the ability to hit shots, even if it was inconsistent.
While I'd like to have him back, I feel like if we were relying on him having huge minutes we'd be in trouble. Any other year I wouldn't like it but with the portal it's best.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Pierre Brooks to the portal. Very expected, had huge opportunities with the injuries for Akins and Malik this year and absolutely did no seize the opportunity. Can’t defend a chair, is a great isolation guy but struggles to play within a team concept.

Really disappointed with his career, I had really high hopes.

Reactions: JRMSU and Sparty_57
While I'd like to have him back, I feel like if we were relying on him having huge minutes we'd be in trouble. Any other year I wouldn't like it but with the portal it's best.
Portal and what is returning and coming in...

Banks/Gunn.--Gunn was awful. But got buried. I felt Banks should have gotten more run. TBH Iwas more excited about Banks as a soph, compared to Tamar as a junior.

Like Cupps and Newton. Cupps is solid. I think he'll get some PT backing up X, and see some runat the 2 as well. Newton is athletic as ****. Decent shooter. Dount either will be impactful outside of back-up minutes...If any of the two exceed such, I;d ecpect it to be Cupps. He reminds of Smith at Purdue.

Honestly feel X and Galloway are a strong, solid starting back court.

So as of now...

X
Galloway
?---Banks possibly
Malik
Portal

Like to grab Ike or Shedrick...Wouldn't be against Love from UNC. Ledlum or Langborn.

In other words, Woody needs to hit a HR in the portal. Multiple ones.

Keep passing it inside the paint. Maybe eventually you'll have a wide-open shot.

0 points in the final 9 minutes. Brilliant. Just brilliant basketball.
CleanScratchyGoldeneye-max-1mb.gif

Banks/Gunn.--Gunn was awful. But got buried. I felt Banks should have gotten more run. TBH Iwas more excited about Banks as a soph, compared to Tamar as a junior.

Like Cupps and Newton. Cupps is solid. I think he'll get some PT backing up X, and see some runat the 2 as well. Newton is athletic as ****. Decent shooter. Dount either will be impactful outside of back-up minutes...If any of the two exceed such, I;d ecpect it to be Cupps. He reminds of Smith at Purdue.

So as of now...

X
Galloway
?---Banks possibly
Malik
Portal

Like to grab Ike or Shedrick...Wouldn't be against Love from UNC. Ledlum or Langborn.

Is Sparks a home-run?

So as of now...

X
Galloway
?---Banks possibly
Malik
Portal

I like Banks, he'll be a good complementary piece.

@jwardelt

Any news on Rohde or Paveletzke? Gard has to be hard for both of them. ;)
Not much other than we aren’t in the pole position for either.

I keep seeing Creighton for Rohde.

Not much on Paveletzke. He's not at a super position of need for us although I'd love to trade McGee for him straight up.

So as of now...

X
Galloway
?---Banks possibly
Malik
Portal

Do you think Woodson’s plan is going to try and add a portal wing or just run with Banks at the starting 3? Or what would you do in that scenario?

Shedrick would be an interesting one and would definitely help to mitigate the loss or TJD on defense.

Heard Love’s leaning Memphis or Mizzou at the moment

Do you think Woodson’s plan is going to try and add a portal wing or just run with Banks at the starting 3? Or what would you do in that scenario?

Shedrick would be an interesting one and would definitely help to mitigate the loss or TJD on defense.

My guess is Banks....And tbh its probably what I would do. I think Banks has the hcance to be really good.

I am hoping IU lands Shedrick or Ike.

X
Galloway
Banks
Reneau
Shedrick

I could get on board with that.

Reactions: 1016CC0503

I think he's going to try to add talent through the portal. Let the chips fall after that's done.

I think he's going to try to add talent through the portal. Let the chips fall after that's done.
I hope he doesn't "recruit over" Banks in the portal...Don't wanna see that kid leave Bloomington.

He'll play but you don't turn down talent. I doubt Woody is concerned with hurting guys feelings, that's not his style.
TBH, not sure I totally trust Woody to play the best(players).

Like who?
Renau over Race.

Banks over JG and Bates.

Moving JG out of the line-up when Race came back. This was a time when JG was actually playing well.

He's(Woody) big on playing upperclassmen, and has said so. "I trust them more..." Exact words.

Renau over Race.

Banks over JG and Bates.

Moving JG out of the line-up when Race came back. This was a time when JG was actually playing well.

He's(Woody) big on playing upperclassmen, and has said so. "I trust them more..." Exact words.
JG was horrible on defense, he constantly got lost or held up taking a chance that wasn't there. Renau was our backup 5 and picked up unnecessary fouls a lot, you can't play him and Taryce together consistently. Woody is big on playing guys he trusts, that's not JG.

This is IMO how you have to deal with it as a coach.

If adding another solid player makes a current player transfer, then they don’t want to be on a winning team. Because everyone is hitting the portal in today’s climate

ADVERTISEMENT