ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also LOL at Big Ten regular season titles where some teams have RIDICULOUS schedule advantage giving them a ridiculous advantage to win the regular season
You guys seemed pretty happy to win it last year. Winning your conference is more impressive than the Sweet 16 IMO.

You guys seemed pretty happy to win it last year. Winning your conference is more impressive than the Sweet 16 IMO.
Of course winning is cool . Until you lose in the second rd to Ohio , Middle Tenn State , Syracuse , Loyola , Trash Iowa State or Richmond than it sucks and I don’t even give a shit because it means we were upset in the tournament

I agree with this in most cases. Hanging a banner is always cool

Years where you win a title and don’t make the sweet 16 (at least) feel really empty tho most of the time.

As a UM fan I would rather have had Illinois’ season losing to a very respectable Houston team but hanging a banner. Maybe some of them feel differently because they haven’t made the second weekend in so long but idk.

Give me sweet 16 with a nice win over a team like Tenn over what Iowa and Wisconsin did though, personally (no offense to Iowa, full offense to Wisco).

Reactions: Jaycg15 and GOO_HAM

Years where you win a title and don’t make the sweet 16 (at least) feel really empty tho most of the time.

As a UM fan I would rather have had Illinois’ season losing to a very respectable Houston team but hanging a banner. Maybe some of them feel differently because they haven’t made the second weekend in so long but idk.

Give me sweet 16 with a nice win over a team like Tenn over what Iowa and Wisconsin did though, personally (no offense to Iowa, full offense to Wisco).
I’ll take our season over your polished turd any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hell with losing 15 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpartyGotSix
Did you guys know it’s national peacock day? Not really related to anything, just thought it was interesting
the-other-guys-mark-wahlberg.gif

If Houston makes it to the Final 4/Championship Game or wins it all, I have a feeling Illinois fans will feel much better knowing that the team that beat them had a TON of success in the tournament this year (especially if they win it all).

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Chucky is better. Hunter didn't do much against us. Probably should have recruited Kalscheur.
He had a rough shooting night at 1-10. But he still had 6 reb, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Hard to argue Hepburn is better when Hunter averaged 11 ppg, 5 apg and 3.5 rpg.

Still a big fan of Hepburn moving forward tho

He had a rough shooting night at 1-10. But he still had 6 reb, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Hard to argue Hepburn is better when Hunter averaged 11 ppg, 5 apg and 3.5 rpg.

Still a big fan of Hepburn moving forward.
Hunter is a turnover machine. Another curbelo. I'll ride w/ chucky any day. Plus Chucky was like our 5th option. Hunter was in their top two. He'd have better scoring numbers if he shot as much as Hunter.

Last edited:
If Houston makes it to the Final 4/Championship Game or wins it all, I have a feeling Illinois fans will feel much better knowing that the team that beat them had a TON of success in the tournament this year (especially if they win it all).
Agreed. I mean regardless they are super legit. Terribly under-seeded.

Reactions: mannjay
Agreed. I mean regardless they are super legit. Terribly under-seeded.
Having watched them in the Tournament I feel they have a legit shot to make the NC game and maybe win it. I'm kind of torn rooting for them and Purdue because it would be cool to see Purdue actually make it to the NC game and maybe win it given their lack of success in March going WAY back.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Hunter is a turnover machine. Another curbelo. I'll ride w/ chucky any day. Plus Chucky was like our 5th option. Hunter was in their top two. He'd have better scoring numbers if he shot as much as Hunter.
We’ll see, his jumper is much better than Curbelo and his numbers are better in almost every way as a freshman.

Having watched them in the Tournament I feel they have a legit shot to make the NC game and maybe win it. I'm kind of torn rooting for them and Purdue because it would be cool to see Purdue actually make it to the NC game and maybe win it given their lack of success in March going WAY back.
If we beat nova I was more scared to play Houston than Zona right now… and Zona already crushed us on a neutral court early this season.

Who knows tho. Just takes 1 off game.

Reactions: mannjay
Having better stats than a B1G freshman of the year is impressive, no?
Stats are really dependent on the team and what’s around a guy. There’s not some huge gulf between any of them as freshman other than Curbelo’s awful 3fg shooting.

Illinois seems to think the loss of Curbelo is imminent. Hopefully if that’s the case, it happens sooner rather than later.

But we are the front runners for Skyy Clark and they are having an in-home tonight. So not as much worry about the PG position with him on board.

Have connections to Terrence Shannon Jr (Tx Tech) and Brandon Murray (LSU) and both are fairly interested right now. Don’t expect to get both, unless Coleman Hawkins or Ramses Melendez transfer.

Payne, BBV, and Lieb also most likely gone. Cutting em loose.

Off-season is here, officially.

Stats are really dependent on the team and what’s around a guy. There’s not some huge gulf between any of them as freshman other than Curbelo’s awful 3fg shooting.
I’d try and downplay not recruiting a top 50 kid from in-state if he averaged 11 ppg 5 apg 3.5 rpg too…

I’d try and downplay not recruiting a top 50 kid from in-state if he averaged 11 ppg 5 apg 3.5 rpg too…
Do you waste time when there’s no mutual interest? We had Chucky early. This isn’t even an argument.

Chucky committed in September of 2019. Hunter never got an offer from anyone until spring of 2020. We never offered/recruited him beyond maybe asking him if he was interested. Chucky has been our guy for a long time. Hunter ended in the top 50 but I don’t think he started anywhere close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT