ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan fans, would you consider this season a success?
Kind of semantics I guess, but a “success” to me at this point is hanging a conf. Title banner and making at least the sweet 16.. or hanging a final 4 banner.

Considering it was obvious from the beginning of the season that Jones and the incoming Frosh were nowhere near expectations, I am happy with the turnaround and satisfied with the season overall. I know UM was ranked super high preseason but that doesn’t mean a lot to me personally when you are returning so few key contributors.

I wouldn’t call it a success personally but I definitely wouldn’t call it a failure either. Understandably some people scoff at sweet 16s but being the first B1G team to ever do it 5 tournaments in a row and beating a really hot Tennessee team was pretty satisfying. There are a lot of really good programs and teams in this conference struggling to make it out of the first weekend these days…

The game yesterday sucked but at least it was against Nova and a HOF coach and not Arkansas or something lol.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
Kind of semantics I guess, but a “success” to me at this point is hanging a conf. Title banner and making at least the sweet 16.. or hanging a final 4 banner.

Considering it was obvious from the beginning of the season that Jones and the incoming Frosh were nowhere near expectations, I am happy with the turnaround and satisfied with the season overall. I know UM was ranked super high preseason but that doesn’t mean a lot to me personally when you are returning so few key contributors.

I wouldn’t call it a success personally but I definitely wouldn’t call it a failure either. Understandably some people scoff at sweet 16s but being the first B1G team to ever do it 5 tournaments in a row and beating a really hot Tennessee team was pretty satisfying. There are a lot of really good programs and teams in this conference struggling to make it out of the first weekend these days…

The game yesterday sucked but at least it was against Nova and a HOF coach and not Arkansas or something lol.
I think that Tennessee (well, and OSU) win really changed season. Reaching a S16 during a shit year is a good sign. Keeps the brand relevant.

Any rumors on where he would want to go to? Blue blood like UK or UNC?
I have no knowledge but @cmore79 was saying he wants to play the 4 to increase his pro potential.

As for schools, he did pick IU over us out of high school…..

I think it would likely be a blue blood though.

Reactions: cmore79
S
I think that Tennessee (well, and OSU) win really changed season. Reaching a S16 during a shit year is a good sign. Keeps the brand relevant.
Hoping to see a bunch of UM kids leave whether for the NBA or some other league to make money. Jones is 24 and Dickinson and Johns are 21/22? They’ve got some old guys on their team. Diabate would probably get drafted on athleticism and potential. Brooks I doubt has eligibility. He’s got to be about 22 or 23 by this point.

Seems like UM could get a lot younger next season. They’ll need some transfers. 3 of 4 middling seasons for UM post Beilein would be pleasing. Hopefully another 15 L season coming their way.

S

Hoping to see a bunch of UM kids leave whether for the NBA or some other league to make money. Jones is 24 and Dickinson and Johns are 21/22? They’ve got some old guys on their team. Diabate would probably get drafted on athleticism and potential. Brooks I doubt has eligibility. He’s got to be about 22 or 23 by this point.

Seems like UM could get a lot younger next season. They’ll need some transfers. 3 of 4 middling seasons for UM post Beilein would be pleasing. Hopefully another 15 L season coming their way.
Can it really be all that “pleasing” when your own team can’t make it out of the first weekend or have over a .500 record against him? I know it’s killing you.

I have no knowledge but @cmore79 was saying he wants to play the 4 to increase his pro potential.

As for schools, he did pick IU over us out of high school…..

I think it would likely be a blue blood though.
Yikes, who the hell is actually going to play him at the 4? This isn’t 1990. Dude is going to get lied to.

Reactions: cmore79 and IUBtown
S

Making the Sweet 16 is middling? So what does that say about Izzo who has failed to even do that the past two seasons?

I kind of hope one of Moussa or Dickinson leave so juwan is forced to play smaller.

Can it really be all that “pleasing” when your own team can’t make it out of the first weekend or have over a .500 record against him? I know it’s killing you.
Yeah we definitely took a step back from the Cassius years. We’re still the last Big Ten team to make a final four.

UM fans have been on a roll here the last week but your season sucked. Top 5 to 15 L’s. The sweet 16 talk is pretty meh. Congrats on the sweet 16. I guess that’s a bar of achievement or something.

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
Yeah we definitely took a step back from the Cassius years. We’re still the last Big Ten team to make a final four.

UM fans have been on a roll here the last week but your season sucked. Top 5 to 15 L’s. The sweet 16 talk is pretty meh. Congrats on the sweet 16. I guess that’s a bar of achievement or something.
Says the guy who roots for a team that has made ONE sweet 16 in the last SIX tournaments. 😂

Juwan has more than that in his only 2 chances.

Keep deflecting to talking about UM and meaningless preseason polls though.

I like MSU and respect Izzo but you’ve been insufferable and I know this year has been killing you 😂

• Haha
KD calls Ivey a freak athlete. Unfortunately, Condom knows better than KD. Ivey average athleticism at the next level.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987

We won the Big Ten and made an Elite 8 last season. We followed it up by making a B1G record 5th straight Sweet 16.

You can keep downplaying Sweet 16s but in the past two seasons only three Big Ten teams reached if. Michigan twice and Purdue once.

@SpartyGotSix

Michigan St.

2016 - Lost 1st round (to 15 seed Middle Tennessee St.)
2017 - Lost in 2nd round
2018 - Lost in 2nd round
2019 - Final Four
2021 - Lost play in game
2022 - Lost in 2nd round
7 tournament wins

Michigan

2016 - Lost 1st round
2017 - Sweet 16
2018 - National Title Game
2019 - Sweet 16
2021 - Elite 8
2022 - Sweet 16
14 tournament wins

Last edited:
Nice little one game upset vs the biggest choker in the NCAA tourney history...back to reality now, Michigan fans.

Nice little one game upset vs the biggest choker in the NCAA tourney history...back to reality now, Michigan fans.

I don’t mind reposting this a few times.

Michigan St.

2017 - Lost in 2nd round
2018 - Lost in 2nd round
2019 - Final Four
2021 - Lost play in game
2022 - Lost in 2nd round
7 tournament wins

Michigan

2017 - Sweet 16
2019 - Sweet 16
2021 - Elite 8
2022 - Sweet 16
14 tournament wins

Last edited:

Lol you’re so fvcking mad

I don’t mind reposting this a few times.

Michigan St.

2017 - Lost in 2nd round
2018 - Lost in 2nd round
2019 - Final Four
2021 - Lost play in game
2022 - Lost in 2nd round
7 tournament wins

Michigan

2017 - Sweet 16
2019 - Sweet 16
2021 - Elite 8
2021 - Sweet 16
14 tournament wins
Just popped up in my Twitter feed. I don’t care, frankly, but I thought this might be similar to their reply.

Could end up with a Carrington/Holloman matchup for the 4A state championship. Both teams play in opposite semifinals tomorrow night.

Holloman's team started out slow but had played better of late. Their last two wins were buzzer beaters, one to get to State and the other to advance to tomorrow's semifinals.

Carrington's team is the #1 seed and has been dominant all season. They are 29-1, with the one loss to Totino Grace by 3, which they avenged with a 30 point beatdown in the second matchup. Totino is the favorite in 3A to win state.

Would be a fun matchup.
Unfortunately, no Carrington/Holloman matchup in the championship. Tre's team lost 59-48 in the semi's last night.

Just popped up in my Twitter feed. I don’t care, frankly, but I thought this might be similar to their reply.

This is a fanbase that spent years telling everyone that March is what matters. January February Izzo. One of the years MSU won the conference title we played in the National Title Game.

All of that regular season success and still just 7 tournament wins to Michigan’s 14 in that span.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and GOO_HAM
Woodson is pulling a Lovie Smith if he hires Randy Wittman. Won’t be a completely awful hire if you keep Rosemond, but I’m not happy with that move if I’m a Hoosier fan.
Former NBA coach and IU player Randy Wittman already has a consultant role with the Hoosiers.

This is a fanbase that spent years telling everyone that March is what matters. January February Izzo. One of the years MSU won the conference title we played in the National Title Game.

All of that regular season success and still just 7 tournament wins to Michigan’s 14 in that span.
Quick question: do you have a top knot and a chain Michigan necklace?

• Sad
Reactions: ConqueringHero
Quick question: do you have a top knot and a chain Michigan necklace?

home-alone-woof.gif

DK is a good follow and that’s fair. That definitely includes the end of ‘16 which isn’t part of the streak and gives MSU an extra H2H win plus an extra BTT title …… but point made.

3 straight titles is incredibly impressive no matter how you slice it. Luster is lost when you get bounced early tho. I’ll tell you that UM’s 2012 season with a shared title didn’t feel very good losing in the first round to Ohio. Did MSU feel great about their 2018 title when they got upset by ‘Cuse on the first weekend and UM played in a NC game?

March Madness success is pretty damn important. During that timeframe:
MSU: 1 S16, 1 E8 and 1 F4 - All in 2019.
UM: 5 S16, 2 E8, 1 F4, 1 NC appearance

Ahead of MSU in literally every single sport 🤣🤣 right where we belong
The confidence is baffling. Was the S16 really that huge for you guys? Nobody is saying they wouldn’t take a S16. It’s just… meh. You beat Tennessee. Cool.

19-12
23-5 covid
19-15

UM fans may just get to see first hand just how difficult it is to keep these seasons rolling along and what Beilein did for them.

YoU aRe So UpSeT aNd StUfF!!!!

The confidence is baffling. Was the S16 really that huge for you guys? Nobody is saying they wouldn’t take a S16. It’s just… meh. You beat Tennessee. Cool.

19-12
23-5 covid
19-15

UM fans may just get to see first hand just how difficult it is to keep these seasons rolling along and what Beilein did for them.

YoU aRe So UpSeT aNd StUfF!!!!
Lol like I said behind Michigan in EVERYTHING

Love the Beilein stuff too 🤣 amazing how dumb you are

DK is a good follow and that’s fair. That definitely includes the end of ‘16 which isn’t part of the streak and gives MSU an extra H2H win plus an extra BTT title …… but point made.

3 straight titles is incredibly impressive no matter how you slice it. Luster is lost when you get bounced early tho. I’ll tell you that UM’s 2012 season with a shared title didn’t feel very good losing in the first round to Ohio. Did MSU feel great about their 2018 title when they got upset by ‘Cuse on the first weekend and UM played in a NC game?

March Madness success is pretty damn important. During that timeframe:
MSU: 1 S16, 1 E8 and 1 F4 - All in 2019.
UM: 5 S16, 2 E8, 1 F4, 1 NC appearance
As a MSU alum, none of us have any idea what March madness success is like. Can you UM fans tell us about it?

UM fans will just frame it around a different time frame to include Beilein prime years or post Cassius Winston years. The argument will never end.

Well to discuss tournaments we literally have to either include Beilein years or otherwise it’s post Cassius. Weird comment.

In the two tournaments since Howard arrived:

Michigan
Elite 8
Sweet 16

MSU
Play in game loss
Round of 32 loss

You guys spent years saying it’s all that matters. We’ve been objectively better in the tournament over the past 5 and 10 years.
It’s hilarious. For YEARS the tournament was all that mattered , now suddenly it doesn’t. Also LOL at Big Ten regular season titles where some teams have RIDICULOUS schedule advantage giving them a ridiculous advantage to win the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT