ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying cooler heads won’t prevail with him but let’s just say I don’t think the TT staff was that displeased with him leaving.

I think if, and only if, MSU adds a good big man transfer we’re a top 4 team in the league next year.
Texas Tech made the sweet 16 this past year and will likely be worse in this upcoming season. I’m sure their staff is “happy” now, off-season optimism is at its peak.

Finishing 4th should be the goal, although I’m not sure it’s indicative of an impressive feat. The conference, outside of Michigan, Indiana (if TJD is back) and what I believe Illinois’ roster is shaping up to be, just isn’t impressive.

The amount of talent the conference has lost over the last 2 years isn’t being replaced.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Yea Diamond, Robert Carter, Melo, Sulaimon. Diamond and Carter being the biggest selfish guys killed that team. Neither wanted to do the dirty work
I’d rather have a team like that, that can win it all if they figure it out, than a team that lacks in talent

And I think Underwood would agree

I’d rather have a team like that, that can win it all if they figure it out, than a team that lacks in talent

And I think Underwood would agree
The problem is when you get down to the sweet 16 or elite 8 every team is talented. A team of all selfish 5 stars will win most of their games on pure talent, but when it comes down to it you’ll lose mid way through the tournament because a team just as talented or almost as talented will out work you. Of course you want talent but you need dudes who will do the little things.

Yea Diamond, Robert Carter, Melo, Sulaimon. Diamond and Carter being the biggest selfish guys killed that team. Neither wanted to do the dirty work
Melo Trimble was dirty asf, forgot he was on that team too.

Surprised he didn’t do much at the next level

The problem is when you get down to the sweet 16 or elite 8 every team is talented. A team of all selfish 5 stars will win most of their games on pure talent, but when it comes down to it you’ll lose mid way through the tournament because a team just as talented or almost as talented will out work you. Of course you want talent but you need dudes who will do the little things.
Lol I’d rather get to the sweet 16 or elite 8….

That was our cap this year barring Plummer having multiple heaters

Think he was too small and wasn’t athletic enough to over come that, great college player that just didn’t translate to the next level.
I thought he might be able to have a Monte Morris type career, just a solid athlete but a plus shooter

Reactions: bMORE607
His shooting was actually meh iirc, just one of our few shooters so he put up a high volume. Most of his points came from the drive and the FT line.
I just looked it up and he shot 34.4% from 3 in his 3 years, so not bad. But it declined after shooting 41% as a freshman. For some reason I thought it was higher

Reactions: bMORE607
I just looked it up and he shot 34.4% from 3 in his 3 years, so not bad. But it declined after shooting 41% as a freshman. For some reason I thought it was higher
Yea his freshman year was definitely his best year. If you polled Maryland fans they would say that’s due to Turge. Most guys never really got better under Turge, which is why he seemingly was never able to keep guys an extra year like a Michigan with Hunter.

Reactions: jwardelt
Yea his freshman year was definitely his best year. If you polled Maryland fans they would say that’s due to Turge. Most guys never really got better under Turge, which is why he seemingly was never able to keep guys an extra year like a Michigan with Hunter.
Ive always held the opinion that players growth or lack of it, is fully on the player and not the coach.

But you may have more knowledge on the individual cases under Turge.

Ive always held the opinion that players growth or lack of it, is fully on the player and not the coach.

I agree with that mostly. It just seemed to happen a lot under him. His teams never got better as the year went on, usually worse.

Reactions: 1016CC0503

I expect my coach to recruit self-starters. Ayo had the drive to be good anywhere, but I expect my coach to look for that guy and nurture that.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Texas Tech made the sweet 16 this past year and will likely be worse in this upcoming season. I’m sure their staff is “happy” now, off-season optimism is at its peak.

Finishing 4th should be the goal, although I’m not sure it’s indicative of an impressive feat. The conference, outside of Michigan, Indiana (if TJD is back) and what I believe Illinois’ roster is shaping up to be, just isn’t impressive.

The amount of talent the conference has lost over the last 2 years isn’t being replaced.
The Big Ten has been pretty bad the last couple years. It’s embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT