ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don’t care enough to research something irrelevant and it’s still an opinion even if I did.

Me: Michigan has been a top 10 program since 2015.

You: Throws a fit

Me: Okay well who would you replace them with?

You: ……………..

Still you: …………………..

So odd. It’s almost like you realized they have been but can’t acknowledge it. I even did most of the leg work for you.

Me: Michigan has been a top 10 program since 2015.

You: Throws a fit

Me: Okay well who would you replace them with?

You: ……………..

Still you: …………………..

So odd. It’s almost like you realized they have been but can’t acknowledge it. I even did most of the leg work for you.

Actually-

You- Michigan is a definite top 10 program since 2015 and nobody can dispute that.

Me- What criteria are you using

You- Throws fit

Me- I didn’t say they weren’t Top 10 just asking a question.

You- throws bigger fit

Me- it’s not that important

You- Throws even bigger fit and claim I’m mad.

How about this…

Harbaugh has been a colossal failure so far based on what the expectations were by “ MANY” in their fanbase.

If you weren’t one of those fans and thought, hey if he can be our John Cooper, wouldn’t that be great then congratulations for your personal top 10 ranking.

Actually-

You- Michigan is a definite top 10 program since 2015 and nobody can dispute that.

Me- What criteria are you using

You- Throws fit

Me- I didn’t say they weren’t Top 10 just asking a question.

You- throws bigger fit

Me- it’s not that important

You- Throws even bigger fit and claim I’m mad.

How about this…

Harbaugh has been a colossal failure so far based on what the expectations were by “ MANY” in their fanbase.

If you weren’t one of those fans and thought, hey if he can be our John Cooper, wouldn’t that be great then congratulations for your personal top 10 ranking.

It took you more to type that than it should to pick the three best resumes from this group.

8. Michigan
9. Wisconsin
10. Penn State
11. Oklahoma State
12. Michigan State
13. Washington

It seemed like Ivey was doing a decent amount of fücking around. His head was in the nba already. He was still great obviously but I don’t know if he was consistently locked in
Isn’t that on the coach a bit to get his head out of his ass?

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
OSU is expected to land their first 2024 commitment this weekend in Juni Mobley. I like the 22&23 classes a lot but with the portal it’s really hard to get too excited as many move on after their first year.
MD has a top ten recruiting class for 2023- at least as of now.

I did

You care enough to keep commenting on it. Not enough to back your claim up.
I didn’t make that claim. You did, and then you asked everyone to disprove it. No one has cared to try, and here you are still trying to rope someone into a discussion only you want to have.

Reactions: Ingersol
I’ve always said it was Painter’s most talented team, not most productive. Which you’ve taken umbrage with in the past. “Our talent was above our production” quote from Painter sums it up perfectly.
And I can agree with that statement and still think it wasn’t as talented as some made it out to be.

Damn, Indiana really is going to be good this year, aren’t they?

I didn’t make that claim. You did, and then you asked everyone to disprove it. No one has cared to try, and here you are still trying to rope someone into a discussion only you want to have.

I made the claim. You took issue with it. I asked you to support your reasoning. Then you realized you couldn’t and pretended to not care anymore.

Hail is really bothered if people don’t care as much as him.

None of you who took issue with the statement of Michigan being a top 10 program have offered your own top 10s. It’s less because you don’t care and more because you realized Michigan would be included. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have opined to begin with.

If you ask why I have a subscription to Peegs, it’s reading shit like this from 50 something year old Rabjohns:

That was pretty dope. Best Hoosier Hysteria I’ve seen. Best one I’ve even heard about. Significantly better. Had a vibe. Had actual buzz. Major strides forward. So much cooler.

The convertibles were cool. Coaches talked briefly - very smart! Old people talking for long periods of time bores the hell out of young people. Intros were much better. Woody saying IU basketball “is the sh—,” that’s gonna play very well.

The whole thing changed because of G Herbo.

Video and photos of the IU players on stage with G Herbo are the best visuals IU basketball has ever had from an event like this. All of that will play incredibly well on social media and in things IU can and will send to recruits.

IU has never — to my knowledge — had any videos and visuals to that level of cool to send out. All that stuff hits different.

The Snoop Dogg video clip was phenomenal. Major props to whomever got that done.

Woodson coming out to “Put on” by Young Jeezy was outstanding.

This was about stamping IU as a modern basketball program with visuals, videos and images. That’s very smart.

The players on stage with G Herbo, that’s five-star stuff. That put the whole event on a completely different level. Really, IU players on stage with G Herbo, that was the heart of the event.

Everything else was just sports. The players on stage with G Herbo, that gave the event juice.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Drink every time he says G Herbo

Reactions: B-Westy
Ducking the Ducks this time. Anyone surprised?

He’s salty UM chose to stick with the Roman games vs UNLV/Zona in 2021 and the 2021 make-up game vs Kentucky in London over playing in Eugene in 2022. I’m sure he uses not playing UM at home last year as an excuse for turning a preseason top 15 team into an NIT team that lost 7 of their last 10 games in the PAC12.

Supposed to make that game up next year or the following but now I hope UM tells him to pound sand until they join the B1G. Saying UM won’t pick up the phone was maybe tongue in cheek but the media/public isn’t taking it that way and UM’s staff isn’t either at this point unless he can smooth things over.

Last edited:
I hyped Jaxon Kohler a lot on here the past year, but that may have been a bit misplaced. From people who watched practice, they say he still has a ways to go in terms of defense/rebounding (although he’s scoring great). It sounds like Sissoko is improved quite a bit and is for sure the starter at the 5.

Sissoko actually being improved is one of the biggest keys to being good this year. We’ll see how legit that is.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
I hyped Jaxon Kohler a lot on here the past year, but that may have been a bit misplaced. From people who watched practice, they say he still has a ways to go in terms of defense/rebounding (although he’s scoring great). It sounds like Sissoko is improved quite a bit and is for sure the starter at the 5.

Sissoko actually being improved is one of the biggest keys to being good this year. We’ll see how legit that is.

I thought this was the analysis all along? Great footwork, but a little slow-footed. Doubt Izzo is willing to compromise defense, so probably won't see significant minutes this year.

I thought this was the analysis all along? Great footwork, but a little slow-footed. Doubt Izzo is willing to compromise defense, so probably won't see significant minutes this year.
Some smoke that this kid was that good. He had an unbelievable winter/spring leading up to coming to MSU.

But yeah, I think he’s another full year of college conditioning away. Looking at recent pictures, he’s still got some baby fat on him. I honestly have little doubt he has a bigger “bag” offensively than Sissoko, but like you said, Izzo isn’t going to compromise defense. Sissoko will get a majority of minutes (if he can stay out of foul trouble) as long as Kohler struggles on defense.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Not surprised Kohler has some D/Rebounding growth to do but he’s certainly in the right program to develop that.

I think he’s gonna be a stud and earn some minutes.

Not surprised Kohler has some D/Rebounding growth to do but he’s certainly in the right program to develop that.

I think he’s gonna be a stud and earn some minutes.
Probably more forced into and less earned. Our starting center has never proven he can guard without fouling for a significant amount of minutes (although apparently the coaches are really really focusing on that with him). And he’s basically the only other option unless we go small with Hauser/Hall at 4/5

Probably more forced into and less earned. Our starting center has never proven he can guard without fouling for a significant amount of minutes (although apparently the coaches are really really focusing on that with him). And he’s basically the only other option unless we go small with Hauser/Hall at 4/5
That’s fair, but whatever the case I have heard nothing but great things about him. He may have ups and downs this year but he should be a good one.

That’s fair, but whatever the case I have heard nothing but great things about him. He may have ups and downs this year but he should be a good one.
I agree. Not to hype up this guy too much, but there’s a reason national analysts were saying he was the most skilled low post big in this class. His just feel how how to move, use his body, and take angles is just so advanced for a guy who’s only played highschool basketball. Him becoming a good passer is essential to me. He’s going to draw defensive attention, but can he handle it?

Overall, him improving his body is the top priority. And it’s a bit of a double whammy. He not only needs strength, but needs to lose some fat too. That’s more of a multi year body reshaping.

I’m definitely getting ahead of myself, but man, his skill set matched with Xavier Booker’s I think could flow really nicely next year down low, at least offensively.

oh-come-on-jim-carrey.gif

Not near as bad.

@ConqueringHero what are you guys hearing about Khayat? Should we expect him to be a major contributor?
I haven’t talked to my guys or seen any updates on the boards since the weekend before practice started but should learn more soon. The staff is so secretive it’s annoying lol.

My opinion based on what I heard before practice started is that he probably won’t play a ton to start the year but should earn meaningful minutes as it goes on. He’s more of a Mo than a Franz. I think he’ll be 3 years and then a pro but there will be an adjustment period this year.

Reactions: MGC_07
I haven’t talked to my guys or seen any updates on the boards since the weekend before practice started but should learn more soon. The staff is so secretive it’s annoying lol.

My opinion based on what I heard before practice started is that he probably won’t play a ton to start the year but should earn meaningful minutes as it goes on. He’s more of a Mo than a Franz. I think he’ll be 3 years and then a pro but there will be an adjustment period this year.

I think he gets meaningful minutes early

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT