ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon....Don't care who ya are---what you have done, or want----Thats a tough stretch.

B10 is going to be brutal----sans Nebby and Northwestern. Possibly Minny now since it seems every week, someone for them is getting hurt...
Even though I’d take Illinois over Indiana-talent wise (only a slight difference IMO), the real reason I have Illinois above them is the difference in schedule.

If I didn't enjoy enough the fact we are playing @Miami for the third time in the B1G-ACC Challenge, the below have been our two matchups since the B1G has gone to two "early season" league games:

'21-'22
@Ill
PU (#1)

'20-'21
Ill(#13)
@OSU (#23)

'19-'20
@MSU (#11)
Wisc

'18-'19
MSU (#8)
@Wisc (#12)

'17-'18
@Minny (#12)
MSU (#3)

That's 8 ranked teams in 10 games with seven being against teams ranked in the Top 15. So the least surprising thing I saw today was Rutgers two early season league games this year are Indiana and @Ohio State.

Nice, was hoping for a Saturday game in Iowa City. Not the best atmosphere but an EXCELLENT place to watch a game as far as vantage points go. Also love seeing that arena painted orange! 😂

If I didn't enjoy enough the fact we are playing @Miami for the third time in the B1G-ACC Challenge, the below have been our two matchups since the B1G has gone to two "early season" league games:

'21-'22
@Ill
PU (#1)

'20-'21
Ill(#13)
@OSU (#23)

'19-'20
@MSU (#11)
Wisc

'18-'19
MSU (#8)
@Wisc (#12)

'17-'18
@Minny (#12)
MSU (#3)

That's 8 ranked teams in 10 games with seven being against teams ranked in the Top 15. So the least surprising thing I saw today was Rutgers two early season league games this year are Indiana and @Ohio State.
Worth noting that the only two not ranked finished their seasons ranked … 😳

Reactions: RutgHoops
Damn, almost 700 yds of offense vs. Western Illinois. Heir apparent at QB, Athan Kaliakmanis, looked really good in limited duty.

Last year, in 14 games at Iowa, Charlie Jones has 21 catches for 323 yards and 3 TDS.

This year in 1.5 games for Purdue, he has 21 catches for 286 yards and 4 TDS.

Why would a good wide receiver ever choose to play for Kirk Ferentz and Iowa?

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Last year, in 14 games at Iowa, Charlie Jones has 21 catches for 323 yards and 3 TDS.

This year in 1.5 games for Purdue, he has 21 catches for 286 yards and 4 TDS.

Why would a good wide receiver ever choose to play for Kirk Ferentz and Iowa?
Dude’s a stud too. No idea what Ferentz and co were doing not getting him the ball more or at least trying to.

Our starting QB that beta Ohio State, won a Big Ten Championship, and made the playoffs just lost bud starting job.

B1G West fvcking sucks
6sz0cz.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607

'21-'22
@Ill
PU (#1)

'20-'21
Ill(#13)
@OSU (#23)

'19-'20
@MSU (#11)
Wisc

'18-'19
MSU (#8)
@Wisc (#12)

'17-'18
@Minny (#12)
MSU (#3)

You guys haven't really been in the B1G hunt IIRC, so really, the hard conference slate just helps your tourney resume since the committee is clearly valuing SOS (for all teams minus Gonzaga).

Purdue has also had a lot of boring and repetitive match ups in things like the B1G-ACC challenge and that Big East-B1G match up (can't remember the name of it). It's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT