ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terps with a top 10 recruiting class for next so far- but very early..
We're still waiting on our top 3 targets. Max Christie's brother, Cameron, is our sole commit so far.

C- Dennis Evans - 5* 17th overall
One of the biggest risers in the last year. Ben got in on him early and has established a good relationship with him. His friend, Jaden Henley is a Freshman on this year's squad. Has said recently he has plans to visit TCU, Kansas and Minnesota.

CG - Taison Chatman - 4* 47th overall
As the top instate recruit for 2023, Ben made him the top priority when he got the job. If Chatman goes elsewhere it won't be from lack of effort. Top 5 is Minnesota, Xavier, Ohio State, Kansas and Virginia.

F - Nolan Winter - 3* 175th overall
Versatile 6'10 forward who is an in-state legacy recruit. Dad Trevor Winter was a Senior backup Center on the 96' final four team that technically doesn't exist. Seems like the decision will be us or Wisky and should come soon. This is the type of battle Ben was hired for to win.

Reactions: Ingersol
Thank god Nebraska was having their OL throw up every practice multiple times. Clearly helped today.

AD's, and these fukin buyouts. What a gig for coaches. You suck ass, get fired, and get paid millions for sucking...

**** buyouts....I'd tell a coach----if you suck, i aint fuking paying you.
You aren’t getting a good coach without a buyout in the deal.

He will likely be fired on 10/1 and they’ll still have to pay him 7.5 mil

We're still waiting on our top 3 targets. Max Christie's brother, Cameron, is our sole commit so far.

C- Dennis Evans - 5* 17th overall
One of the biggest risers in the last year. Ben got in on him early and has established a good relationship with him. His friend, Jaden Henley is a Freshman on this year's squad. Has said recently he has plans to visit TCU, Kansas and Minnesota.

CG - Taison Chatman - 4* 47th overall
As the top instate recruit for 2023, Ben made him the top priority when he got the job. If Chatman goes elsewhere it won't be from lack of effort. Top 5 is Minnesota, Xavier, Ohio State, Kansas and Virginia.

F - Nolan Winter - 3* 175th overall
Versatile 6'10 forward who is an in-state legacy recruit. Dad Trevor Winter was a Senior backup Center on the 96' final four team that technically doesn't exist. Seems like the decision will be us or Wisky and should come soon. This is the type of battle Ben was hired for to win.
Rooting for you guys to get Chatman. Kid is a baller, and you guys need a lead guard like him to take that next step.

Reactions: Deathclutch
Purdue fans, heading to the game Nov5th.

Recs on a hotel near the stadium and pre game celebrating?
You’re probably not going to find any hotels in Lafayette with availability. Hotels sell out quick for our home football weekends. But I would just google hotels in Lafayette on that date and see what pops up. You may have to find accommodations in north Indy, zionsville/whitestown area. That would only be a 50 minute drive to WL. Not bad. Just up 65, onto 52 from Lebanon.

Bring some cash for tailgate parking. There are a lot of yards on Northwestern Ave. that offer cash parking if you’re looking to tailgate. If just wanting to do the bar thing, I’d find parking up on Chauncey Hill near Harry’s, Brothers, The Tap, etc. Then I would just Uber to the game honestly. But the walk to Ross Ade isn’t bad from the bars.

I could hook you up with some south end zone passes for season ticket holders as well. Hour and a half before kickoff our south end zone opens up as a beer garden. Pretty fun and easy to access. PM me if you’re interested.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Purdue fans hate everything right now, that’s what happens when you are broke af and can’t pay top recruits or high end transfers
I do hate everything right now. But that’s bc I had like 14 beers called blatz yesterday and am currently sitting at the Milwaukee airport and feel like absolute death.

on the plus side I’m still laughing that Nebraska was favored by 12.5 yesterday. The sports media landscape falls for Nebraska hook line and sinker every god damn year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
Purdue fans, heading to the game Nov5th.

Recs on a hotel near the stadium and pre game celebrating?
Gotta go to Harry’s. Classic college bar.

after the game I recommend going to downtown Lafayette and getting dinner at black sparrow. Cool little bar.

one more recommendation: remind your staff to keep single covering our receivers and get absolutely torched.

Rooting for you guys to get Chatman. Kid is a baller, and you guys need a lead guard like him to take that next step.
I hope we do too. Less confident though with NIL now in play, but like I said, Ben has put in alot of time with this recruitment.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't land him, since Ta'lon Cooper has 2 more years of eligibility left and there are two likely top 100 PG's in Minnesota for the 2024 class in Daniel Freitag and Isaac Asuma.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
I do hate everything right now. But that’s bc I had like 14 beers called blatz yesterday and am currently sitting at the Milwaukee airport and feel like absolute death.

on the plus side I’m still laughing that Nebraska was favored by 12.5 yesterday. The sports media landscape falls for Nebraska hook line and sinker every god damn year.
I just puked in my mouth seeing the word Blatz. Probably the nastiest beer ever made. Jesus Christ man what were you thinking? That's what we drank when we were broke high school students in the early 00's. That and Schlitz, Natty Ice and light and red dog. Also Boones farm and every cheap vodka ever made (Karkov, Taaka, etc).

Reactions: jwardelt
I just puked in my mouth seeing the word Blatz. Probably the nastiest beer ever made. Jesus Christ man what were you thinking? That's what we drank when we were broke high school students in the early 00's. That and Schlitz, Natty Ice and light and red dog. Also Boones farm and every cheap vodka ever made (Karkov, Taaka, etc).
I’ll see your Blatz and raise you a Beer 30 for nastiest beer ever made.

College sports that matter are back tomorrow. Has me feeling.....

Upmu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT