ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be talking football.
Still. I think of "Little Brother" as more of an emotional dynamic rather than who's better. Even if Oklahoma State won 10 straight vs. Oklahoma, they would still have a weird inferiority complex toward OU. Northwestern is just too small of a school with too small of a fan base, and they were SO historically bad that it would take at least a few more generations of them being better than Illinois for Illini fans to not look down on their athletics ... even as they continue to beat us, lol. Except for last year!

Still. I think of "Little Brother" as more of an emotional dynamic rather than who's better. Even if Oklahoma State won 10 straight vs. Oklahoma, they would still have a weird inferiority complex toward OU. Northwestern is just too small of a school with too small of a fan base, and they were SO historically bad that it would take at least a few more generations of them being better than Illinois for Illini fans to not look down on their athletics ... even as they continue to beat us, lol. Except for last year!
Looking at the graphic more closely, Wyoming is literally blue mountain state and Vermont is Monsters University. I wouldn’t spin your wheels too much trying to figure out the graphic

I’m biased, so you know my thought. I like Underwood’s recent success, but I’m also very interested to see what he does with this year’s team. We’ll see him change up his system again, and if he’s able to turn this team into a contender, that will be an impressive job.

Izzo has been cleaning up on the recruiting trail, and I’m not convinced he’s all of a sudden a bad coach. His decision to stand pat this off-season was perplexing, but his team should be decent again.
What is decent in your mind?

I don’t see any way that MSU finishes top 3, in what is likely the weakest the conference has been at the top in years.

Is this football only or what?
Probably, monsters university is historically terrible at football so that’s why they’re the little brother in Vermont.

And I’m not even sure blue mountain state has a basketball program.

You would think people people on an online forum would have a healthy skepticism built up as a defense to not getting tricked by fake things on the internet. I suppose you can’t fix stupid though.

Probably, monsters university is historically terrible at football so that’s why they’re the little brother in Vermont.

You would think people people on an online forum would have a healthy skepticism built up as a defense to not getting tricked by fake things on the internet. I suppose you can’t fix stupid though.
I don’t really think anyone is taking it that seriously … maybe you just really wanted to insinuate we were stupid? Pointing out it’s a dumb map doesn’t mean someone is ~triggered~ by whatever floppy-haired Gen Z thought it was funny.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor

Tbh I just looked at the Midwest and the Southeast.

Who looks at Vermont or Wyoming when it comes to a map of college sports?

I’d put my life on the line that Wisconsin won’t finish behind all of Ohio St, Mich St, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois.

And I’m one that is hoping someday it happens once again. It just ain’t now lol

Depends on if this rankings are counting full body of work or just conference play

Gard has been booty cheeks in the tournament
The upset last year wasn’t a great look. The year prior they put up a respectable fight to Baylor.

But you could pretty much say the B1G minus Michigan has been booty cheeks in the tourney since COVID.

This year will really inform my opinion of Coach Underwood a lot more. Even his biggest hater wouldn't deny that he's proven he can turn around a program in magnificent fashion ... he walked into a dumpster fire, and he was getting #1 seeds and winning conference championships a few years later. The 2021 NCAA loss was extremely disappointing, but I guess upsets happen; I am willing to let a coach get upset at least a couple of times in the Tournament before that becomes concerning (no, I do not think losing to a 5-seed Houston team that made the Elite Eight an "upset" in any way, shape or form).

However, he has had a lot of really good leadership through that time. I know we have a lot of talent, but if he can get these transfers and young guys to gel and be at least as successful as last season (maybe NOT winning the Big Ten but also making the Sweet Sixteen or something), I will be very impressed. As optimistic as I am about this season, we did lose every starter. It will be very impressive if he puts together another great season.
Sounds like Tom Crean

Reactions: eddy4iu
Nobody will relieve Tom Crean of the highest doofus award.

tom-crean-screencap.0.jpeg

Purdue fans, heading to the game Nov5th.

Recs on a hotel near the stadium and pre game celebrating?

It’s looking like it will be to back years os Michigan finishing higher than MSU in both sports. That would be three straight in basketball. @MGC_07 not good.
In the past 2 years MSU has a 4-2 record against UM in football/basketball.

We also finished with the same record in big ten play in basketball, UM didn’t finish higher.

In the past 2 years MSU has a 4-2 record against UM in football/basketball.

We also finished with the same record in big ten play in basketball, UM didn’t finish higher.

I’m so happy you went from thinking March matters to pretending March doesn’t exist 😂

NCAA Tournament Wins in the Juwan Howard era:
Juwan Howard - 5
67 Year old Izzo - 1

And is this where you pretend MSU winning a h2h football game trumps winning the Big Ten Championship again? Good luck with that, Gilligan.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I’m so happy you went from thinking March matters to pretending March doesn’t exist 😂

NCAA Tournament Wins in the Juwan Howard era:
Juwan Howard - 5
67 Year old Izzo - 1

And is this where you pretend MSU winning a h2h football game trumps winning the Big Ten Championship again? Good luck with that, Gilligan.
I mean you didn’t say went further post season, you said finished higher.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever said a h2h win>A Big Ten Title and a CFP appearance

I mean you didn’t say went further post season, you said finished higher.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever said a h2h win>A Big Ten Title and a CFP appearance

We did finish higher in both sports.

I’m glad we agree Michigan had a better season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT