77. Ohio State commit George Washington III

82. Purdue commit Myles Colvin

85. Maryland commit Jahnathan Lamothe

87. MSU commit Coen Carr

98. Iowa commit Pryce

104. Wisconsin commit Gus Yalden

122. Indiana commit Gabe Cupps

134. Minnesota commit Cam Christie

247 and Rivals are split on Coen Carr and Gehrig Normand.

247 has Carr top 50 and Normand lower end top 100. Rivals has Normand top 50 and Carr lower end top 100.

247 and Rivals are split on Coen Carr and Gehrig Normand.

247 has Carr top 50 and Normand lower end top 100. Rivals has Normand top 50 and Carr lower end top 100.

Ohio State’s last two classes have a wide discrepancy on almost every signee between the 4 services I follow. Rivals, 247, Espn and On3.

Roddy Gayle a high of 39 and a low of 117

Bruce Thornton 47-97

Felix Okpara 57-96

Brice Sensabaugh 42-67

Middleton 18-94

Royal 26-78

GW3- 30-135

Reactions: MGC_07
Those aren’t that bad. It’s splitting hairs in that range anyways. They all should be able to play. Now if they were 50-150+ it’d be a little weird.

Ohio State’s last two classes have a wide discrepancy on almost every signee between the 4 services I follow. Rivals, 247, Espn and On3.

Roddy Gayle a high of 39 and a low of 117

Bruce Thornton 47-97

Felix Okpara 57-96

Brice Sensabaugh 42-67

Middleton 18-94

Royal 26-78

GW3- 30-135
The only ones that matter are 247 and rivals (though these have fallen off) the rest don’t put nearly the effort into seeing the players to gauge it accurately.

The only ones that matter are 247 and rivals (though these have fallen off) the rest don’t put nearly the effort into seeing the players to gauge it accurately.

I think 247 has fallen off badly in the last few years. On3 has a lot of old Rivals guys and don’t have enough of a track record. I’ve always appreciated Espn more than most, especially when Telep was running it.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan

I think 247 has fallen off badly in the last few years. On3 has a lot of old Rivals guys and don’t have enough of a track record. I’ve always appreciated Espn more than most, especially when Telep was running it.

Really? 247 has the most national and local scouts of any service. They pulled the top Rivals guys before On3 (who hasn’t been very good to this point, imho) was in existence. What makes you say 247 has fallen off?

FaN60peXkAAeGLk

That’s what 2/3 seasons with less than 20 wins and bottom half conference finished will get you if you have one E8 run apparently. How Mick Cronin can be below him despite better seasons (including beating him H2H in the E8) in that timeframe and a much more extensive résumé pretty much shows how much thought went into this list.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
That’s what 2/3 seasons with less than 20 wins and bottom half conference finished will get you if you have one E8 run apparently. How Mick Cronin can be below him despite better seasons (including beating him H2H in the E8) in that timeframe and a much more extensive résumé pretty much shows how much thought went into this list.

Salty. Is that why you posted Euro trip results?

Any coach that lost a euro or any other continent trip probably shouldn't be on this list.

Reality is that euro trips mean nothing.
Who cares about that? That was just relevant basketball info in a dearth of news.

Reality is that Juwan hasn’t proven top 25 worthy at this point. Media loves them some Juwan though.

Who cares about that? That was just relevant basketball info in a dearth of news.

Reality is that Juwan hasn’t proven top 25 worthy at this point. Media loves them some Juwan though.

5 tournament wins the past two seasons is nice

Michigan Kenpom finishes in the Howard era:

In that span, 5 tournament wins (S16, E8).

Not putting him a current top 25 would be sour grapes.

5 tournament wins the past two seasons is nice
Yeah, that’s certainly the argument to be made. 58-32 over 3 seasons amounts to a 19-11 average. Bruce Weber won some tourney games on the back of another coach’s culture too, but the body of work tells the full story. We’ll see.

Yeah, that’s certainly the argument to be made. 58-32 over 3 seasons amounts to a 19-11 average. Bruce Weber won some tourney games on the back of another coach’s culture too, but the body of work tells the full story. We’ll see.

Kenpom finishes of 16, 3, and 27 along with a Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in the only two tournaments played. Objectively that’s top 25.

Kenpom finishes of 16, 3, and 27 along with a Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in the only two tournaments played. Objectively that’s top 25.
Just curious, are those kenpom rankings pre or post-tourney?

I think Howard is probably top 25 regardless, but I know teams that go far in the tourney usually get a nice little bump in kenpom

Physical therapsit this morning---I need you to place hands together, raise over your head, 10 times..

Me:

bernie-mac-what-are-you-talking-about.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT