ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really news but Devante Jones is moving on as expected. Interested to see if UM brings in another transfer PG or hands the keys to Collins/McDaniel next year. I’d bring in at least a combo guard who can handle it a bit and shoot (like Brooks), probably 2 depending on how they feel about Bufkin/Jett’s roles
I imagine Juwan brings in someone with some experience to smooth things out.

I like your future. UM is stacking some good classes.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
This is how big of a loser Iowa is.....we just added former Wisconsin QB Budmayr as and offensive analysis, lolol.

Yeah, because nothing screams offense like Wisconsin. FML

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM
This is how big of a loser Iowa is.....we just added former Wisconsin QB Budmayr as and offensive analysis, lolol.

Yeah, because nothing screams offense like Wisconsin. FML
We’ve had some pretty good offenses in the past. Not sure what Budmayr does for you though. He wasn’t part of any.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
Bingham not back. Need need need a big transfer.

Some smoke Christie might also not be back. That one would fvcking sting.

• Wow
Reactions: GOO_HAM
Bingham not back. Need need need a big transfer.

Some smoke Christie might also not be back. That one would fvcking sting.
Bingham to the draft?

Where the hell would Christie go? Dudes falling on all mocks and isn’t a big time athlete that can wow scouts at workouts…

I imagine Juwan brings in someone with some experience to smooth things out.

I like your future. UM is stacking some good classes.
Yeah man we shall see. Roster construction is definitely a learning curve and question mark for Juwan.

Remember when Purdue should be playing UNC tonight as a slight favorite to go to the final 4? & all they had to do was beat 15 seed St Peter’s as a 12.5 point favorite and more talent at every position but Matt Painter/Jaden Ivey decided to just shit down their own leg instead?

I remember.

I seriously don’t understand how you have Jaden Ivey, Zach Edey, and Trevion Williams and lose to fvcking Saint Peters.

What a disappointing year for Painter’s most talented team ever.
Some Purdue fans will argue it wasn’t Painter’s most talented team he’s had just on a results-basis but I think that’s B.S.

Now they didn’t turn out to be the best team actually but from a talent perspective, I still don’t think it’s really a question when you look at the bench pieces as well coming into the season.

Coming into the year, PG is the only position you could point to and argue it’s talent with EHJ & IT is average/subpar.

Hell at the 4/5 position alone he had Trevion/Edey/Kaufman/Furst/Gillis. So 2 established all-conference players, a glue guy that shoots 41% from three, and 2 top 50 recruits.

Then you had lottery-pick guard (which Purdue never has) Ivey, sharp-shooter Sasha, talented 4 star recruit that shot 38% from 3 in first year and been in the program for 3 years in Newman. A recruit you beat out like 25 other high-major programs for and ended up having a solid year in Morton.

Idc what any Purdue poster says, that’s the most talented overall roster Painter has had while at Purdue.

It just turned out to be a disappointing year and that’s ultimately on Painter.

Some Purdue fans will argue it wasn’t Painter’s most talented team he’s had just on a results-basis but I think that’s B.S.

Now they didn’t turn out to be the best team actually but from a talent perspective, I still don’t think it’s really a question when you look at the bench pieces as well coming into the season.

Coming into the year, PG is the only position you could point to and argue it’s talent with EHJ & IT is average/subpar.

Hell at the 4/5 position alone he had Trevion/Edey/Kaufman/Furst/Gillis. So 2 established all-conference players, a glue guy that shoots 41% from three, and 2 top 50 recruits.

Then you had lottery-pick guard (which Purdue never has) Ivey, sharp-shooter Sasha, talented 4 star recruit that shot 38% from 3 in first year and been in the program for 3 years in Newman. A recruit you beat out like 25 other high-major programs for and ended up having a solid year in Morton.

Idc what any Purdue poster says, that’s the most talented overall roster Painter has had while at Purdue.

It just turned out to be a disappointing year and that’s ultimately on Painter.
Disagree

You want to go by recruiting rankings, it was easily the Baby Boilers junior year.

You want to go by College production, it was clearly when the PJ/Mathias/Edwards/Haas class was paired with either Biggie (1st team AA) or Carsen (Cousy Award winner).

Last edited:
Disagree

You want to go by recruiting rankings, it was easily the Baby Boilers junior year.

You want to go by College production, it was clearly when the PJ/Mathias/Edwards/Haas class was paired with either Biggie (1st team AA) or Carsen (Cousy Award winner).
Baby boilers junior year I would take the starting 5 over this year’s starting 5 easily but from an overall talent roster standpoint? They weren’t even close. Jajuan johnson had no backup big, Patrick Bade had to spell him some for God’s sake. The bench was Barlow, Byrd, R. Smith, Hart, Lewjack, and Bade. 65th ranked offense on Kenpom that season, the defense was really good though.

Idk how you can argue that roster was more talented than this year’s. & I don’t care where guys like Ivey, Edey, and Trevion were ranked.

The Mathias/Haas/Vince/PJ class paired with Carsen is the closest one IMO. I still think the overall talent (not necessarily production) on this year’s roster was higher.

Trevion, Newman, Furst, Kaufman, Morton all projecting to come off the bench before deciding to redshirt Kaufman? Man, no Purdue team under Painter had that level of talent on the bench.

Purdue fans…starting to trickle out that you guys had an unhappy locker room. Perhaps Williams and Ivey weren’t the best friends after all?

Damn women…

Reactions: Jaycg15
Baby boilers junior year I would take the starting 5 over this year’s starting 5 easily but from an overall talent roster standpoint? They weren’t even close. Jajuan johnson had no backup big, Patrick Bade had to spell him some for God’s sake. The bench was Barlow, Byrd, R. Smith, Hart, Lewjack, and Bade. 65th ranked offense on Kenpom that season, the defense was really good though.

Idk how you can argue that roster was more talented than this year’s. & I don’t care where guys like Ivey, Edey, and Trevion were ranked.

The Mathias/Haas/Vince/PJ class paired with Carsen is the closest one IMO. I still think the overall talent (not necessarily production) on this year’s roster was higher.

Trevion, Newman, Furst, Kaufman, Morton all projecting to come off the bench before deciding to redshirt Kaufman? Man, no Purdue team under Painter had that level of talent on the bench.
This team’s bench didn’t turn out to be great. The 5 obviously was and Furst had moments but IT was a liability and Morton was a decent role player Who had a few very good games but was a non-factor much of the season.

Sweet 16 record:
Hunter Dickinson 1-1
Zach Edey 0-1

I guess there’s at least ONE thing Dickinson does better.

This team’s bench didn’t turn out to be great. The 5 obviously was and Furst had moments but IT was a liability and Morton was a decent role player Who had a few very good games but was a non-factor much of the season.
Like I said, talent-wise & not necessarily production-wise. Brandon Newman’s season alone is one of the more disappointing season’s in quite some time for an individual IMO.

Sweet 16 record:
Hunter Dickinson 1-1
Zach Edey 0-1

I guess there’s at least ONE thing Dickinson does better.

200.gif

None of our 3 seniors are coming back, and from people around the program, apparently this was pretty mutual.

We are going to bring in minimum 2 transfers.

Reactions: boiler1987
None of our 3 seniors are coming back, and from people around the program, apparently this was pretty mutual.

We are going to bring in minimum 2 transfers.
What positions are you concentrating on?

The crux of the argument would be surrounding Waco v Philly. Baylor is a program without morals, but for lack of a better word, Drew has resurrected it. Ya know, after one teammate killed another and the coach covered it up less than 20 years ago. The fact that that program now has sustained success is pretty unfathomable

The crux of the argument would be surrounding Waco v Philly. Baylor is a program without morals, but for lack of a better word, Drew has resurrected it. Ya know, after one teammate killed another and the coach covered it up less than 20 years ago. The fact that that program now has sustained success is pretty unfathomable
I'd argue that that's an advantage for Drew. Baylor wasn't expecting much and so he had ample time to produce. Wright is in a pressure cooker with expectations and has delivered more results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT