ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

no just know how the refs bow down before Izzo,

his players get treated like NBA All Pro's.
Then how come you bitched that MSU wasn't getting the calls against Maryland in the final 2 minutes of the game?

convenient how the refs swallowed their whistles in the 2+ minutes, MSU with the lead on their court and never shoots a FT. I guess its payback time.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Here's an interesting hypothetical to pose for the board:

I don't think this year's Iowa team has the depth to pull off a Final Four run unless they get the perfect bracket, but say Iowa did make it, or even let's hypothetically say they play for the NC...............should Jordan Bohannon pull his redshirt and take the chance to play in the FF and/or NC?

His recovery has been going very well and he is moving around and shooting great in practice/warmups, so by all accounts he would technically be healthy enough to play by that point in the season.

What would you guys do, if that chance presented itself?

Would you forego the opportunity to come back for an extra season to a team that could be even better next year, for a chance to play now in the FF/NC?

So Garza may actually be called for a foul? Wow, impressive.
your funny he just fouled of a game recently.
whatsa matter you mad because he is not a nut punching dirty player like a Wisconsin Player. or is he a THUG when playing BB?

shocking isn't that Iowa actually plays BB vs certain team that play Rugby BB where the more physical contact the better where players are laid out dripping blood.

I don't think this year's Iowa team has the depth to pull off a Final Four run unless they get the perfect bracket, but say Iowa did make it, or even let's hypothetically say they play for the NC...............should Jordan Bohannon pull his redshirt and take the chance to play in the FF and/or NC?

His recovery has been going very well and he is moving around and shooting great in practice/warmups, so by all accounts he would technically be healthy enough to play by that point in the season.

Would you forego the opportunity to come back for an extra season to a team that could be even better next year, for a chance to play now in the FF/NC?
source.gif

I wouldn't let him back.

****ing quitter

he has probably thought about it but he is probably thinking about the 20-21 season where the odds will be greatly increased considering who rejoins the team.
having a 1st Team AA returning in Garza
having at least a 2nd Team BT in Weezy
the BT's best 3 point shooter in Fredrick
the teams leader in Toussaint who keeps improving
All purpose player in Connor who can play the 1-2-3-4

nice to have all 5 starters back off a team that is currently tied for 3rd.

how many teams in the BT have all 5 starters returning? plus a 1st Team AA to lead the team?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
he has probably thought about it but he is probably thinking about the 20-21 season where the odds will be greatly increased considering who rejoins the team.
having a 1st Team AA returning in Garza
having at least a 2nd Team BT in Weezy
the BT's best 3 point shooter in Fredrick
the teams leader in Toussaint who keeps improving
All purpose player in Connor who can play the 1-2-3-4

nice to have all 5 starters back off a team that is currently tied for 3rd.

how many teams in the BT have all 5 starters returning? plus a 1st Team AA to lead the team?

If Garza has even a hint of NBA aspirations he bolts.

Reactions: jwardelt
I wouldn't let him back.

****ing quitter
actually you are the quitter, have you ever tried playing on a hip that required surgery?

you are such a ass its time for you to get banned for your personal attacks on a college student Athlete.

Garza would be great in the NBA if he still gets to play every game in Carver.

Otherwise not a chance. Dudes game is 100 percent predicated on getting foul calls at home

I’d go with no. I think Iowa’s problem won’t be depth it will be defense. They will be susceptible every game to someone lighting them up from three - especially a veteran mid major team. Let Garza rampage inside at 2 per why you rack up 3 per.

he does not need the money plus his father as already come out and stated that Luka is not even go thru the pre draft evals.

the plan is to go work out with his Uncle who played professionally over seas and who he worked on his skills last summer.

Luka has a couple of skills that need to be improved on. the overseas leagues will still be there in the 21-22 season and his chances for the NBA will/might be improved after working on his BB skills.

shocking isn't it that Luka can get better. with him having a Uncle playing professionally working with him making him better is very intriguing.

plus his father playing college ball is even more valuable.

what I like most is that Nunge and Ugundele will both benefit from his training, by going up against him in every practice and the off time on their own.

he does not need the money plus his father as already come out and stated that Luka is not even go thru the pre draft evals.

So Luka will not enter is name into the draft to get feedback on what the NBA wants him to improve. His dad is a criminal right? So not very smart.

I’d go with no. I think Iowa’s problem won’t be depth it will be defense. They will be susceptible every game to someone lighting them up from three - especially a veteran mid major team. Let Garza rampage inside at 2 per why you rack up 3 per.
Garza is shooting 3's at a 38%
these are the perimeter defenders out right now
Fredrick who shoot 46.7 % from 3 who DNP vs OSU
Toussaint leads the team in steals @ 1.3 spg

these are joining the team
6'7'5" Kris Murray 7'0 wing span and 35" vertical who lead DME Academy at 2.5 spg and in rebounding
Perkins 6'4 a top defender out of Lawrence North who was just named a finalist for Indiana's Mr. BB
Ulis 6'2 a top defender out of Chicago
Ogundele 6'11 shot blocker and rebounder with range to 3 and can defend the outside
Keegan Murray 6'8 who leads DME Academy in scoring and blocked shots, 2nd in steals 7'0 wing span and 36" vertical,

a major upgrade in dsfensive ability and athletic ability will be joining the team in June.

from the short clips I have seen of Ogundele he looks like Cook 2.0 with range to 3.

he is a dominant dunker.

6'7'5" Kris Murray 7'0 wing span and 35" vertical who lead DME Academy at 2.5 spg and in rebounding
Perkins 6'4 a top defender out of Lawrence North who was just named a finalist for Indiana's Mr. BB
Ogundele 6'11 shot blocker and rebounder with range to 3 and can defend the outside
Keegan Murray 6'8 who leads DME Academy in scoring and blocked shots, 2nd in steals 7'0 wing span and 36" vertical,

a major upgrade in dsfensive ability and athletic ability will be joining the team in June.

from the short clips I have seen of Ogundele he looks like Cook 2.0 with range to 3.

he is a dominant dunker.
5 returning starters and all this. I don't see how Iowa isn't preseason #1. National Championship or bust next year.

he is a dominant dunker.

Ogundaunwhatshisname is not athletic like cook. He's got Garza athleticism. Big and slow.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Ogundaunwhatshisname is not athletic like cook. He's got Garza athleticism. Big and slow.
you clearly have not seen him play.

here is my projected lineup for the 20-21 season

1 6'0 SO Toussaint backup 6'1 RSSR Jordan then 6'2 FR Ulis who was bumped into Rivals top 150
2 6'3 RSSO Fredrick backup 6'1 RSSR Jordan then 6'4 FR Perkins
3 6'6 JR Wieskamp backup 6'7 FR Kris Murray
4 6'5 RSJR Connor backup 7'0 RSJR Nunge then 6'8 FR Keegan Murray
5 6'11 SR Garza backup 7'0 RSJR Nunge then 6'11 FR Ogundele

the wild cards
6'8 RSSR Pemsl will he return for one more year after all the injuries he endured in his time being here
6'8 RSFR Patrick who is going to go to the MAYO Clinic to get treatment on the meds for these recurring medical problems related to that cancer surgery had.

getting healthy is more important than playing just a game.

yes the 20-21 season is the year where Iowa can really do some big things in the BT and the NCAAT.

even this being down 2-3 with the 3rd on and off playing they are 19-8 10-6 tied for 3rd in the BT. with 4 BT games to go, far far better than ANYBODY expected.

then how is avg'ing 23+ ppg and 9+ rpg and teams need to dbl and even triple team him if he so big and slow?

I have only seen one team try to go 1 on 1 and LG lite them up with 44 points.

you clearly have not seen him play.

here is my projected lineup for the 20-21 season

1 6'0 SO Toussaint backup 6'1 RSSR Jordan then 6'2 FR Ulis who was bumped into Rivals top 150
2 6'3 RSSO Fredrick backup 6'1 RSSR Jordan then 6'4 FR Perkins
3 6'6 JR Wieskamp backup 6'7 FR Kris Murray
4 6'5 RSJR Connor backup 7'0 RSJR Nunge then 6'8 FR Keegan Murray
5 6'11 SR Garza backup 7'0 RSJR Nunge then 6'11 FR Ogundele

the wild cards
6'8 RSSR Pemsl will he return for one more year after all the injuries he endured in his time being here
6'8 RSFR Patrick who is going to go to the MAYO Clinic to get treatment on the meds for these recurring medical problems related to that cancer surgery had.

getting healthy is more important than playing just a game.

yes the 20-21 season is the year where Iowa can really do some big things in the BT and the NCAAT.

even this being down 2-3 with the 3rd on and off playing they are 19-8 10-6 tied for 3rd in the BT. with 4 BT games to go, far far better than ANYBODY expected.
If Jesus is backing up Toussaint and Frederick he is definitely transferring. In fact I know of a local team that will need a guard that can score.

Why the speculation on next year anyway? This is like an all time great year for Iowa. Just enjoy it nerds
maybe to you but not to some of us that lived thru the O'Connor years with back to back FF's
or when Millers 6 Pack avg'd over 100 ppg when they went undefeated and won the BT Championship
or the 2 years under Lute where in one shared the BT Championship. then went to the FF the next,

until this team = or exceeds these past teams this is not even close to being a all time great year in Iowa men's BB.

Man that’s such a tough decision. Would be so tempting to pull his redshirt if they made the Final 4 but I say hang onto it and run it back next year. Also it’s likely they’ll be facing a blue blood and wouldn’t win so he would play one game, lose and be done? I don’t see it

If Jesus is backing up Toussaint and Frederick he is definitely transferring. In fact I know of a local team that will need a guard that can score.
not hardly he is your team player that will play any spot to help his team win.

you must not follow Fran now do you, with Fran its not who starts as its all about who's on the floor at the end of the games. in this case this could be the 5
1 Toussaint
2 Jordan
3 Fredrick
4 Wieskamp
5 Garza

the 4 G one B is working out and Fran will go with what works and the 4 G n 1 B is working.

another note to think about Fredrick has been hurt of and on and has missed multiple games, this could lead to Jordan starting at the 2. I doubt that either FR Ulis or FR Perkins are going to start, Jordan is the 3rd starters at the 1 and 2 when injuries or foul trouble.

how old are you if you think this is a all time great year for Iowa?

even DR. Tom's 1st season is light years better than this one
30-5 overall Elite 8 finish

even Alfords 05-06 season is still better than this year
25 Wins # 3 seed in the NCAAT
Fran's 3rd season 25 wins NIT Championship Game appearance.

sorry but this team has its work out cut out for it to even come close.

Why the speculation on next year anyway? This is like an all time great year for Iowa. Just enjoy it nerds
Iowa > Illinois

Also, I posed this question on here because it's being asked on the Iowa board. It has nothing to do with hyping up next year other than for the fact that Bohannon can return of he wants, which would obviously make Iowa better......however your concern about next year's Iowa team is duly noted ;), and it's way too late for you to spend posts denying your concern about Iowa > Illinois next year..........deal with it. SmokinSmile

In that situation no he shouldn't, it could fvck up the team chemistry.
To give my thoughts on this, I would agree with that as well.

You've already been out so long, and while I could see a desperation scenario play out (i.e. players getting injured), if it was just a straight up decision to play or not, as much it would suck to miss a big game like that (because there's never a guarantee when it comes to the NCAA tournament), it still wouldn't be worth it to pass up a chance at a full season the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT