ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

you really want to pass on a top 50 wing?

It’s cuz you said to buy him. Michigan would eventually be caught again and you aren’t a basketball blue blood. The NCAA would send you guys back to the Ellerbe era and it’s be another generation of kids passing on playing basketball at UM.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
It’s cuz you said to buy him. Michigan would eventually be caught again and you aren’t a basketball blue blood. The NCAA would send you guys back to the Ellerbe era and it’s be another generation of kids passing on playing basketball at UM.

NCAA is on its last leg.

NCAA is on its last leg.

In its current form but they aren’t going to want rogue boosters buying players. That’s a very different scenario than profiting off likeness.

And if the NCAA does come down hard on anyone, what are you going to do? You going to go NAIA? No, you appeal and take your medicine.

I guess I can take solice in the fact that we didn't get blown out at home by DePaul.

Our lack of depth is going to be a problem all season though.

You’ll always look good when compared to Iowa. Nicely done.

a. NCAA is doing nothing these days
B. Brian Ellerbe, tommy amaker, and the um administrations lack of support of basketball had about 95% to do with that downturn, sanctions were about 5%.

List some
here is another one I thought of last night but didn't consider it during the game
Garza when he got dbl or triple teamed tried to score, that has to get changed to pass the ball out to the open shooter,

this is where Woody excelled at PASSING the ball out to the open shooters.

Fran is at fault on this by saying that Garza is the main option, what he didn't stress enough of was to pass the ball rather than forcing it to score.

Hawkeyes get 3 star Josh Ugundele over Providence, Rhode Island, Cincinnati and Rutgers. Maybe after Foster went to Iowa State he felt like Iowa would give him a better chance to play

Reactions: KisteK
news on the recruiting front for Iowa, Ugundele committed to Iowa this morning
in the interview they asked when did come to the US. response when he was 16, he will turn 18 this winter,
played for Boston Amatuer BB Club on the EYBL Circuit where he avg'd 10.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg and 0.7 rpg in 13 games avg'ing 24.2 mpg

then in 5 games in the Peach Invitational he boosted his avg's to 13.4 ppg and 13.8 rpg. this is will be his only year of playing BB in a US HS,

seen anywhere from 6'9 255 lbs to 6'11 255 lbs. in the interview he is listed @6'10 250 lbs. which is more likely.
picked Iowa over Cincinnati, Rutgers, Rhode Island and Providence along with 14 others who offered.

a. NCAA is doing nothing these days
B. Brian Ellerbe, tommy amaker, and the um administrations lack of support of basketball had about 95% to do with that downturn, sanctions were about 5%.

Are you young?

If so, I get it. I watched MSU thoroughly embarrass UM all those years. There was a stank on your program from the top down. Beilein did a ton to elevate it after Amaker helped clean it up.

No amount of revisionist history will change the past. The scholarship deduction, post season ban, probation, removing the banners, and fines all impacted UM basketball in a very real way. It killed the recruiting and was in part why Ellerbe couldn’t do anything. No good coach was taking that job with those restrictions. Beilein accepted the UM basketball job once the scholarship restrictions ended. That’s no coincidence.

This isn’t the football board. People here actually follow basketball. Don’t spit shine that turd.

Hawkeyes get 3 star Josh Ugundele over Providence, Rhode Island, Cincinnati and Rutgers. Maybe after Foster went to Iowa State he felt like Iowa would give him a better chance to play
he fill a void at center that Iowa will have after Garza leave next season,

as for Foster he want to play the 4, this make Ugundele is the better pickup and fills 20 class out nicely
6'2 Uliss at the 1
6'3 Perkins at the 2
6'8 200 lbs Kris Murray at the 3
6'8 215 lbs Keegan Murray at the 4
6'10 Ugundele at the 5.

as for Foster he want to play the 4, this make Ugundele is the better pickup and fills 20 class out nicely
6'2 Uliss at the 1
6'3 Perkins at the 2
6'10 Ugundele at the 5.
Yeah I said that and I’m an Iowa fan. I know

6'2 Uliss at the 1
6'3 Perkins at the 2
6'10 Ugundele at the 5.

They won't win a game.

6'2 Uliss at the 1
6'3 Perkins at the 2
6'10 Ugundele at the 5.
Are you joking? C’mon man. Your highest ranked recruit of that bunch is in the 260’s.

Yeah I said that and I’m an Iowa fan. I know
we are not alone in that thinking, on who was the better pickup. forget the rankings and look at the needs of the team,
in this case Ugundele fills a much more bigger need and he had the offers some claim players need to have so they can be called D1 players,

Are you joking? C’mon man. Your highest ranked recruit of that bunch is in the 260’s.
Ugundele is from GB and has only been here 1 year in the states so NOBODY know how good he will be, but with Cincinnati and Rutgers offering him that a pretty good indicator of how good he is.
Ulis has the genes
the Twins have the genes
Perkins is the only one that is a unknown in this class,

seen 3 new videos of the Twins at there new schools vs video's of them at Cedar Rapids and the difference jumps off the tapes between then and now.

we are not alone in that thinking, on who was the better pickup. forget the rankings and look at the needs of the team,
in this case Ugundele fills a much more bigger need and he had the offers some claim players need to have so they can be called D1 players,

So now rankings don't matter?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
Are you young?

If so, I get it. I watched MSU thoroughly embarrass UM all those years. There was a stank on your program from the top down. Beilein did a ton to elevate it after Amaker helped clean it up.

No amount of revisionist history will change the past. The scholarship deduction, post season ban, probation, removing the banners, and fines all impacted UM basketball in a very real way. It killed the recruiting and was in part why Ellerbe couldn’t do anything. No good coach was taking that job with those restrictions. Beilein accepted the UM basketball job once the scholarship restrictions ended. That’s no coincidence.

This isn’t the football board. People here actually follow basketball. Don’t spit shine that turd.

I followed it plenty close um recruited just fine under ellerbe and in the early amaker years, actually better than beilein. Ellerbe just happened to be the worst b-ball coach in b1g history and amaker wasn’t much better.

Ugundele is from GB and has only been here 1 year in the states so NOBODY know how good he will be, but with Cincinnati and Rutgers offering him that a pretty good indicator of how good he is.
Ulis has the genes
the Twins have the genes
Perkins is the only one that is a unknown in this class,

seen 3 new videos of the Twins at there new schools vs video's of them at Cedar Rapids and the difference jumps off the tapes between then and now.

Rutgers and Cincy.....a sign of how good he is.....RollLaugh

there is a video of him on HR . the part I read about him he started shooting out past the EURO 3 acr so the new NCAA Range will not be a problem but he is a back to basket player 1st.

this group upgrade the speed, athleticism and defensive ability at all 5 position to be added to what Toussaint and Fredrick brings to the team.

Anyone have recruits not sign? Both of ours have signed today.

IUs three commits will all sign in the early signing period. (Different dates and times depending on the school's ceremony)

The fourth Dawson is planning on a decision by the 20th and I would assume signs that day as well, since that is the last day of the signing period. Still an IU - Marquette battle with Minnesota and Memphis hanging around. Word on the street is it would be very surprising if he was to go to anywhere besides IU-Marquette as it has been for awhile. Family will probably have some coaches in after the dead period is over on Thursday, so who knows.

Reactions: SNU0821
when looking at these recruits individually on rankings they don't bring much, but as whole they bring a whole lot to the team
size at each position
athleticism
defense ability
speed/quickness that has been missing.
high BB IQ's
most important
the willingness to learn and be coached to play better and as a team,

there are no one n done players but they are all 4 year players.

I mean it’s obvious we are missing THAT GUY. This class is all role players which won’t work, I’ll admit that

Looks like a bunch of bench players.

giphy.gif

IUs three commits will all sign in the early signing period. (Different dates and times depending on the school's ceremony)

The fourth Dawson is planning on a decision by the 20th and I would assume signs that day as well, since that is the last day of the signing period. Still an IU - Marquette battle with Minnesota and Memphis hanging around. Word on the street is it would be very surprising if he was to go to anywhere besides IU-Marquette as it has been for awhile. Family will probably have some coaches in after the dead period is over on Thursday, so who knows.
I like that it's neck and neck right now prior to sitting down and weighing the pros and cons. Obviously, I think it's clear there are more pros for IU than Marquette. The question is which pros does Garcia weigh more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT