ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

I mean it’s obvious we are missing THAT GUY. This class is all role players which won’t work, I’ll admit that
the thing is that they don't have to the man right away as they have these in front of them
Ugundele will have SR Garza in front of him and will be the backup
Ulis will have SO Tousaint in front of him
Perkins will have RSSO Fredrick in front of him
Kris will have JR Wieskamp and SO Patrick in front of him
Keegan will have RSSR Pemsl and RSJR Nunge in front of him

and we still don't know if Jordan will RS or not, none of these players will be needed to the saviors of this team so they can take 2- 3 years before they need to be the stars of the team,

the best thing is there are a couple that could RS their 1st year,

rs'ing didn't hurt Baer, Uthoff or Moss and the jury is still out on Pemsl and Nunge

just look how it worked out for Wisconsin on their RS players.

And now our coach is making excuses...great
that's news to me, but that will be the 1st time he has made a excuse. me it is my opinion Iowa had 3 new starters and it was their 2nd game vs a Depaul team that was playing its 4th game,

they got whipped and nothing more, nothing to read into that game good or bad.

the next few games will be used to figure out who will/can play, me I would like to see the lineup go like this with their backups
1 Connor backup Tousaint
2 Fredrick backup Evelyn [maybe Jordan if is 100%]
3 Wieskamp backup Patrick
4 Kriener backup Pemsl
5 Garza backup Nunge
bench Till.

Nunge and Pemsl have not played in over 19 months. so neither are ready to play at 100% and need time to get used to playing again.

that's news to me, but that will be the 1st time he has made a excuse. me it is my opinion Iowa had 3 new starters and it was their 2nd game vs a Depaul team that was playing its 4th game,

they got whipped and nothing more, nothing to read into that game good or bad.

the next few games will be used to figure out who will/can play, me I would like to see the lineup go like this with their backups
1 Connor backup Tousaint
2 Fredrick backup Evelyn [maybe Jordan if is 100%]
3 Wieskamp backup Patrick
4 Kriener backup Pemsl
5 Garza backup Nunge
bench Till.

Nunge and Pemsl have not played in over 19 months. so neither are ready to play at 100% and need time to get used to playing again.

Nunge and Pemsl wouldn’t even play at 90% of B1G schools.

Reactions: jwardelt
Nunge and Pemsl wouldn’t even play at 90% of B1G schools.
Pemsl did start 17 games as a FR and was the teams 4th leading scorer till a injury had he move to coming off the bench, he is more than good enough to play on 90% of the BT terams,
Nunge as a FR had 25 blocks and also started 14 games,
finishing 5th in scoring
can't help you with your outright hated of Nunge though. it must really piss you off that a Indiana kid chose to play at Iowa so much that all you can is constantly degrade the kid. you going to do this to any kid from Indiana that chooses to play at Iowa?

hatred is a terrible way to go thru life.

Pemsl did start 17 games as a FR and was the teams 4th leading scorer till a injury had he move to coming off the bench, he is more than good enough to play on 90% of the BT terams,
Nunge as a FR had 25 blocks and also started 14 games,
finishing 5th in scoring
can't help you with your outright hated of Nunge though. it must really piss you off that a Indiana kid chose to play at Iowa so much that all you can is constantly degrade the kid. you going to do this to any kid from Indiana that chooses to play at Iowa?

hatred is a terrible way to go thru life.
Think Iowa will finish ahead of Nebraska and Northwestern in the Big Ten this year?

Think Iowa will finish ahead of Nebraska and Northwestern in the Big Ten this year?
yes. and a few others, its just a matter of getting the right new starters into the lineup.

this is why I feel that Kriener should start at the 4 vs Nunge as Kriener did play last year,

Toussaint gives Fran a change of pace PG off the bench, Fredrick looks like that solid 2 in between Connor and Wieskamp. Garza is solid, so now its getting the 4 in place going forward.

as for Hart he is a ass as he only quoted a tiny part of that practice on Sat, as he explained explained what they did, like trying to implement to much into the offense and defense with the new players and starters,

then later on in the interview he took the blame for the loss on himself, letting certain players stay in to long and some others in not long enough.

one of the things they have done this week is to put a emphasis on chipping at the lead by the other team rather than getting it back a little at a time.

that is the difference between Fran and some other coaches shouldering the blame vs throwing players under the bus.

Friday will show how well they respond from getting their noses bloody [curbed stomped] or what ever you want to call it against DePaul.

it is going to be interesting watch Minnesota when they play DePaul on the 29th of November,

at least Iowa loss was not as bad as the Kentucky's loss was. nor embarrassing either,

You think getting pantsed by DePaul isn’t embarrassing?

giphy.gif

yes. and a few others, its just a matter of getting the right new starters into the lineup.

this is why I feel that Kriener should start at the 4 vs Nunge as Kriener did play last year,

Toussaint gives Fran a change of pace PG off the bench, Fredrick looks like that solid 2 in between Connor and Wieskamp. Garza is solid, so now its getting the 4 in place going forward.

Teske is better than your center

Teske is better than your center
we will see when they play in a couple weeks

hmm these were the stats when they squared off last Feb 1st in Iowa's 74-59 win over #5 Michigan
Teske 8 points, 8 rebounds
Garza 21 minutes, 19 points, 8 rebounds

looks like Garza is clearly the better player. even when Michigan beat Iowa in the 2nd game these wereTeske stats
12 points 10 rebounds,
Garza 14 points 4 rebounds
still no reason to say that Teske is better than Garza.

now is there. based on head to head play.

hmm these were the stats when they squared off last Feb 1st in Iowa's 74-59 win over #5 Michigan

looks like Garza is clearly the better player. even when Michigan beat Iowa in the 2nd game these wereTeske stats
12 points 10 rebounds,

In conference play per game last year
Teske: 11 points 7 rebounds 2 blocks
Garza: 12 points 4 rebounds 0.5 blocks

Teske is better

12 points 10 rebounds,

Head to head play is not the best determiner of a better player. I think a full season of stats is.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT