ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

giphy.gif

RollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: SNU0821
You're right. I just looked it up. That would be very normal for Indiana to make a Sweet Sixteen once every 5 years. Been that way for about a quarter century.

Correction. Maybe he'll take you guys to an Elite 8. THAT would be huge for the program.

No argument. what's also normal is KU cheating every 5 years. Maybe you wont be punished this time. THAT would be huge for your program.

Reactions: klize17
No argument. what's also normal is KU cheating every 5 years. Maybe you wont be punished this time. THAT would be huge for your program.
Atleast we blueblood doe.

I think you guys got kicked out. Right?

Hard to follow that kind of stuff. I just know that people tend to laugh at Indiana basketball.

Joey Hauser has a meeting with the NCAA on the 18th regarding his appeal. Could be eligible for the second semester.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
sorry took so long to respond, when I tried to get on earlier I got the msg

waiting confirmation on email registration. then when I went to my email I had a msg saying that my email had been deleted,

now I have figure out how to use my main email addy.

Reactions: RutgHoops
now will give my thoughts on last nights game
1st that was their 4th game of the young season
2nd this was just Iowa 2nd game with 3 new starters
3rd Pemsl came off the suspension was his 1st game since DEC of 2017
4th Nunge was playing his 2nd game since March of 2018

I guess its not much of a excuse in the end, the fact of the matter they got punched in the nose and now its up to the players on how they respond, do they go pout in the corner or do they come out more prepared to not get a bloody nose again.

the coaches have to help them pick up the pieces and break down the film in one day then flush it and move on to the next game as there are still 29 regular season games to play,

the positives
PG Toussaint looked like the fastest player out their and was not phased by them doing this
13 points, 2 assists, 2 steals with 1 TO in 13 miunutes
SG Fredrick did this
led the team in scoring with 16 points,1 assist and 2 steals with 0 TO's in 25 minutes 2-3 from 3
Connor is holding steady
9 points. 1-2 from 3 for the 2nd game, 6-6 from the FTL, 3 assists with 0 TO's in 23 minutes
from the guard spots they recorded just 1 TO's in 51 minutes.
Kriener came off the bench and in 18 minutes recorded
13 points, 8 rebounds BUT had 4 TO's

he too was not phased by them.
these two are the future of Iowa BB,

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck

I guess its not much of a excuse in the end, the fact of the matter they got punched in the nose and now its up to the players on how they respond, do they go pout in the corner or do they come out more prepared to not get a bloody nose again.

the coaches have to help them pick up the pieces and break down the film in one day then flush it and move on to the next game as there are still 29 regular season games to play,

the positives
PG Toussaint looked like the fastest player out their and was not phased by them doing this
SG Fredrick did this
led the team in scoring with 16 points,1 assist and 2 steals with 0 TO's in 25 minutes 2-3 from 3
Connor is holding steady
9 points. 1-2 from 3 for the 2nd game, 6-6 from the FTL, 3 assists with 0 TO's in 23 minutes

Where are the negatives?

Reactions: dukedevilz
Where are the negatives?
which ones there are to many to list, this is a game where you find the positives think on it for a couple days then flush the whole game and move on to the next one. dwelling on either one is a waste of time.

the point being is the coaches HAVE to help the players flush it and move on to the next game and correct those negatives, in this case the biggest is/was the 19 TO's including 12 in the 1st half with 7 coming in the 1st 6 minutes.

which ones there are to many to list, this is a game where you find the positives think on it for a couple days then flush the whole game and move on to the next one. dwelling on either one is a waste of time.

the point being is the coaches HAVE to help the players flush it and move on to the next game and correct those negatives, in this case the biggest is/was the 19 TO's including 12 in the 1st half with 7 coming in the 1st 6 minutes.

List some

updates on the Murray Twins. 247 is giving them very good reviews based on them now being 6'8, they stated when they were 6'5 at best they were low D1 players and at best D11 players,

now at 6'8 the higher mid majors and P5 teams were getting involved in recruiting them,

as I stated before when they were 6'5 Fran hadn't even looked at them or a sniff as some call it.

Fran didn't even look at them till they played in the DME Showcase where multiple Florida coaches watching the players even Auburn started to get involved,
then Fran offered them and a week later they committed. they raved about their upside because of their growth spurt, going from a run of the mill SG to 6'8 F who have the skills of SG 's.

they can guard the 2-3-4 position equally well and as was stated they are the 50% from the field, 90% from the FTL and 40+% from 3 shooters with above avg defensive skill that only improve over their 4 year careers.

the positives
SG Fredrick did this
Connor is holding steady

Which two are the future?
Toussaint and ?

List some
TO's
is the biggest
not mentally ready to play
this covers not giving your opponent any respect, [or preparing mentally to play]
not passing the ball
poor rotation
bad passes [lazy passes]

that enough.

can't fault them for players shooting from as far out and making 3's,

They had 3 transfers playing last 2 from Illinois
1 from Arkansas.
Lund was from Illinois and each time he had a career high scoring game it came against Iowa with 2 of them coming while playing for Illinois, last night he came in shooting 22% avg'ing 2.1 ppg from 3 then scoring 17 points shooting 4-8 from 3.

maybe the only time he can do anything is he has hatred for Iowa, since he can't do the same vs anyone else.

players seem to do that has the only time they get up for a game is against certain team the piss the rest of the games down their pants.

Which two are the future?
Toussaint and ?
Fredrick one is a true FR and the other is a RSFR,

Toussaint has the luxory of backing up Connor and Connor is leading the team in assists and more importantly 2-4 from 3 vs the past season where he struggled from 3, this season his shot looks much better W/O being forced,

Connor is one tough SOB has he took a blow to the head while on the floor getting a 3" cut on his forehead then comes back and makes both FT's, then continues to play,

looking at this team this is a very young team it starts with these
PG FR Toussaint backup
SG RSFR Fredrick starter
PG/SG RSSO Connor starter
F FR Patrick backup
SG/SF SO Wieskanp starter
F/C RSSO Nunge starter playing in his 2nd game since March of 2018 not surprised by the slow start
C JR Garza starter,
then these come off the bench as the upper classmen
G RSSR Evelyn
G SR Jordan who may or may not RS
F/C SR Kriener,
F JR Till,
F RSJR Pemsl

that makes the future look better for the next 2-3 years.

looking at this team this is a very young team it starts with these
PG FR Toussaint backup
SG RSFR Fredrick starter
PG/SG RSSO Connor starter
F FR Patrick backup
SG/SF SO Wieskanp starter
F/C RSSO Nunge starter playing in his 2nd game since March of 2018 not surprised by the slow start
C JR Garza starter,
then these come off the bench as the upper classmen
G RSSR Evelyn
G SR Jordan who may or may not RS
F/C SR Kriener,
F JR Till,
F RSJR Pemsl

that makes the future look better for the next 2-3 years.

You got blown the fvck out by DePaul. Your younger guys suck

I think we may have underrated just how important Charles Matthews was to the 2 top 5 defenses the last 2 years.

Or maybe he gets more open looks against Iowa than against other teams.
nope Joe had numerous open looks and went 1-7 from the field 0-3 from 3 and he is a 40+% 3 point shooter Jordan shot 1-3 from 3 and he has no limit on his range .

nope some people shoot out of their mind no matter what,
SIUE was 4-18 from 3 against that same defense for 22.2%

its not the defense some team just get on a roll and it just snowballs.

can't blame it all the time on a team at some point you do have to give the other team credit.

Phinisee’s post entries haven’t been very good so far. Other than that, he’s a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT