ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Yeah but don’t forget Purdue got beat by Nevada with pretty much full strength. Not sure we can assume anything about how things would have gone, even at full strength.

Lol Purdue has had at least one head-scratching loss each season with a full roster. They’ve also won plenty of games they weren’t favored to win the past two years (not this year of course). With a healthy roster, Purdue has 5 or 6 wins already IMO.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Wisconsin is going to wax Purdue. I cringe just thinking about how outmanned Purdue will be in the trenches.
Did not realize your next game was Wisconsin...:eek: So maybe you won't be playing for a bowl. But who knows. Regardless, IU/Purdue is THE game. Maybe not for us(fans). But for those dudes---It is. Purdue will be ready for Indiana. No doubt.

with all the woah is me, the question.. How Many BT teams make the NCAAT in March
5 +/-

how many will take the over and who will take the under.

These are fun to revisit. No doubt. But at least include all the information. I highly doubt Purdue is 4-6, with the starters they have out, playing.. We are a PR injury away from having Tuttle as our starting QB. Imagine how that would change the dynamics? Tom Allen has done a very good job. He's building a program, with recruiting being very strong. I doubt there are many, if any IU fans that felt this team would be 7-2. I thought we had a change to be good...But not this good.

Don’t get your panties in a wad. Did you make excuse for Allen last year when our football team dealt with injuries?

Lol Purdue has had at least one head-scratching loss each season with a full roster. They’ve also won plenty of games they weren’t favored to win the past two years (not this year of course). With a healthy roster, Purdue has 5 or 6 wins already IMO.

Not really sure about that. The only game I could see is Iowa I don’t really see how much would have helped. You guys still couldn’t run the ball at all that game.

Reactions: SNU0821
Don’t get your panties in a wad. Did you make excuse for Allen last year when our football team dealt with injuries?
My panties are just fine, bro. I just responded to your post with some facts. I ain't disputing what you said. Nor what I said. But its one season. As for last year---I wasn't aware we lost the kind of pieces Purdue lost. Anyways...Allen's doing a fine job.

Not really sure about that. The only game I could see is Iowa I don’t really see how much would have helped. You guys still couldn’t run the ball at all that game.

You don’t think Moore, Sindelar, Bailey, Neal, etc could’ve swung a 6-point loss at Iowa into a win? Agree to disagree. Or losing to Minny by 7 when we lost Sindelar and Moore both in the second quarter.

You don’t think Moore, Sindelar, Bailey, Neal, etc could’ve swung a 6-point loss at Iowa into a win? Agree to disagree. Or losing to Minny by 7 when we lost Sindelar and Moore both in the second quarter.
Impossible to determine one way or another.

Oh my god. That’s horrible. Doubt he plays tonight, he needs to be with his family.
I don't think there's any chance he plays. I'm sure basketball is the furthest thing from his mind.

This just makes ya sick to your stomach.

Reactions: MGC_07
After 5 seasons, Harbaugh still doesnt have a signature win, win over OSU, or a trip to Indy.

Please never fire him.

Hahaha. You trolled me when Michigan beat Illinois by 17. MSU loses at home to Illinois and rather than eating crow you talk about Ohio State. Shocking.

no I can’t say that. Your problem was the running game at Iowa. Against Minnesota Purdue was already down 21 pts in the 4th quarter. They actually actually scored more pts in the 2nd half without them.

making excuses for losing because of injuries
lets look at the injuries that have hurt Iowa
MLB RSSR Welch has missed multiple games and he could have had a major impact on the Wisconsin as his replacement was RSFR Doyle making just his 2nd start and his backup was FR Campbell

Iowa was down to a RSFR WR Tracey who was making his 2nd start,
RG has been riddled with injuries as they are now on their 4th starter at that position,
Starting DT RSSR Rieff has missed 6 games before starting again vs Wisconsin, during the Purdue game they were W/O 4 of their top 6 DB's, Iowa has had 9 True FR play and 13 RSFR play because of injuries,

Iowa has of now loses just 2 starters on offense in these
QB Stanley possible replacement 4* RSFR Petras
LG Landon Paulson 4* RSJR Kallenberg
on defense
DT Lattimore RSJR Nixon a JUCO top 50.
CB Ojemudia 4* RSSO Brents.
they return 18 of their 22 starters, with the star upgrades at all the positions

no I can’t say that. Your problem was the running game at Iowa. Against Minnesota Purdue was already down 21 pts in the 4th quarter. They actually actually scored more pts in the 2nd half without them.

Our running game has been a problem all year. Having Moore opens up things for the whole offense.

Isn’t that what bell does? What about against Nevada <100 rushing yards. Vanderbilt they had 39 rushing yards......

Isn’t that what bell does? What about against Nevada <100 rushing yards. Vanderbilt they had 39 rushing yards......

Think about Bell and Moore together. I love Bell but he doesn’t command the same attention Moore does. At least not yet.

Last edited:
Think about Bell and Moore together. I love Bell but he doesn’t command the same attention Moore does. At least not her.

he’s also benifited from having Moore our. Purdue’s running game has been suspect all year, even with Moore. This is purely a fans revisionist theory.

Correlation =/= causation. Saying Purdue is better without Rondale Moore is...quite the hot take. Also, we were without Neal and Bailey (two likely future NFL players) for TCU and beyond.

Correlation =/= causation. Saying Purdue is better without Rondale Moore is...quite the hot take. Also, we were without Neal and Bailey (two likely future NFL players) for TCU and beyond.

I didn’t say weren’t a better team with him. I said I don’t know I’d Purdue would have won more games. Are Neal and Bailey RBs or offensive lineman? Otherwise i don’t see that getting a W.

I didn’t say weren’t a better team with him. I said I don’t know I’d Purdue would have won more games. Are Neal and Bailey RBs or offensive lineman? Otherwise i don’t see that getting a W.
You implied it by referencing him being out in the second half and Purdue scoring more points, despite there being a plethora of other variables (new QB for one). Also, they scored 31 against minny with the same rushing game we've had all season. An NFL caliber DL and LB might have helped limit the number of points they scored, no? Idk why you're so fixated on only the offensive side.

Why bring up Purdue’s best win aside from trolling?

All this football talk had me looking at their schedule and the I saw how bad the teams theyve beat are. I guess we should talk about something else if you don’t want me to point out stuff like that? But I still don’t get what it has to do with Indiana. I think both teams suck.

You implied it by referencing him being out in the second half and Purdue scoring more points, despite there being a plethora of other variables (new QB for one). Also, they scored 31 against minny with the same rushing game we've had all season. An NFL caliber DL and LB might have helped limit the number of points they scored, no? Idk why you're so fixated on only the offensive side.

I think he was saying that they already played that much better in the second half and it’s not like you get twice as many possessions when you return someone from injury.

I don’t see it making a huge difference. You want to make these excuses go right ahead.

I think he was saying that they already played that much better in the second half and it’s not like you get twice as many possessions when you return someone from injury.

I got tired had spoon feeding info. The game wasn’t really close with Moore in the game. It only became a 7 pt game in the 4th quarter.

Purdue hasn’t had a 100 yard rusher all year, using Moore being out as an excuse is grasping.

All this football talk had me looking at their schedule and the I saw how bad the teams theyve beat are. I guess we should talk about something else if you don’t want me to point out stuff like that? But I still don’t get what it has to do with Indiana. I think both teams suck.

Just thought it was a random thing to bring up is all. But you do you.

ADVERTISEMENT