ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIe-vqlXAAAnKgx

Hard to complain with all the accolades but a bit surprised that Jones or Loyer didn’t make third team.
They both and Mason Gillis were HM. I wonder how many guys in B1G history made HM all conference without starting a single game.

Reactions: boiler1987
I'm surprised Painter got a share this year. He should have won it last year (picked 5th and won B1G by 3 games).
I would have been fine with Painter or Hoiberg winning it. I personally would have given the nod to Hoiberg but I'm obviously biased. I just hate co awards. Be a man and make the tough choice and decide which singular person wins.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I would have been fine with Painter or Hoiberg winning it. I personally would have given the nod to Hoiberg but I'm obviously biased. I just hate co awards. Be a man and make the tough choice and decide which singular person wins.
I assumed it just meant that they tied in the voting?

They had the same number of votes. It wasn't somebody saying "Let's give it to both of them".

Did I see correctly that someone didn’t vote for Edey as POY?

vote again!
I actually think it’s perfect. Needs to happen more often with one getting it for being the actual best coach in the conference and someone else getting it for overachieving expectations with their roster. I think Hoiberg is deserving because of how tough of a place Nebraska has been to win, etc. , etc. but it irks me when someone wins based off them creating a shitty roster and the roster actually proves to be above average.

Again, not the case with Hoiberg so I’m totally cool with co-coach of the years.

Would take him over smith in a heartbeat. We can discuss this on the IU home board, just promise you won't punch me.
Shocker.
Smith O Rating 118.5. EFG% 53.5 Reb% 19.2% FT 81.3% 2 PT% 47.2 3 PT% 44.6% on 101 attempts.
Assist rate: 36.5. Wins: 28

Walker O rating: 110.3 EFG% 50.6 Reb% 10.2% FT% 74% 2PT % 48.3 3PT% 37.2% on 148 attempts. Assist rate: 19.5. Wins: 18.

Once again, you are so fatally wrong sir. Walker does shoot more, I’ll give him that’s that’s the only let up he has on smith for a far worse team. It’s not even close.

Shocker.
Smith O Rating 118.5. EFG% 53.5 Reb% 19.2% FT 81.3% 2 PT% 47.2 3 PT% 44.6% on 101 attempts.
Assist rate: 36.5. Wins: 28

Walker O rating: 110.3 EFG% 50.6 Reb% 10.2% FT% 74% 2PT % 48.3 3PT% 37.2% on 148 attempts. Assist rate: 19.5. Wins: 18.

Once again, you are so fatally wrong sir. Walker does shoot more, I’ll give him that’s that’s the only let up he has on smith for a far worse team. It’s not even close.
Context matters unless you are a partisan hack.

We will see how good Smith is next season.

Context matters unless you are a partisan hack.

We will see how good Smith is next season.
Ah the new lie some IU fans are starting to tell themselves that playing with Edey gives smith magic powers. You would think playing with Ware would raise your guards’s baseline a little more but I guess not.

Smith is going to look to score more next season and he will again be first team all big ten and a likely candidate to make an all American team. But keep getting your hopes up that he won’t!

Ah the new lie some IU fans are starting to tell themselves that playing with Edey gives smith magic powers. You would think playing with Ware would raise your guards’s baseline a little more but I guess not.

Smith is going to look to score more next season and he will again be first team all big ten and a likely candidate to make an all American team. But keep getting your hopes up that he won’t!
I actually think the offense will fit Smith better next year. He loves to get out and run and that was throttled some this year by having to wait for the NPOY to set up on the block.

Reactions: otte21

You bet wink wink

I actually think the offense will fit Smith better next year. He loves to get out and run and that was throttled some this year by having to wait for the NPOY to set up on the block.
The pace that he's played at this year has allowed him to play the 38 minutes plus that he has. Sometimes, I think he's the most important player on this team.

The pace that he's played at this year has allowed him to play the 38 minutes plus that he has. Sometimes, I think he's the most important player on this team.
Couldn’t agree with you more. The improvements he’s made from last year are crazy.

I'd love to say Smith is only good because of Edey but he's been quite a bit better this year. You can't say Edey doesn't make his life easier but Smith is still good. Will be interesting to see how he handles next year without the NPOY in the paint but he'll be fine.

It's helped Galloways assist numbers and he's certainly gotten better this year, maybe not his shooting % but his guard play in general. Only the 2nd IU player to have two games of 12 assists, Isaiah Thomas the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT