ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any OSU posters here?

NU breaking that squad's spirit and I see 2 yrs in a row of missing the Tourney for Holtman. Dude should have jumped to ND after last season. Proving to be a tremendously shitty coach.
They will look good on Tuesday. We seem broken.

Both the Michigan and Ohio State jobs should be open after the season. Let’s see if it actually happens though

Lost 3 straight at Rutgers, including the last two years as the #1 team in the nation.

#JustWinBaby

Professor of Law at UC Davis and former dean of the Illinois Law school wholeheartedly disagrees and thinks your belief is unsophisticated and misguided.

“But whether or not one agrees with the district court’s ruling as a faithful implementation of the Fourteenth Amendment, Parrish’s criticism reflects an ignorance of law in general, and constitutional law in particular. If you don’t agree with the ruling, you can blame the district court judge, but you certainly can’t blame Coach Brad Underwood for faithfully adhering to the ruling, which is precisely what Underwood is doing. I don’t know which attorneys Parrish has been talking to, but they must not be sophisticated constitutional thinkers or federal court practitioners.

In essence, the district court order says: “You can’t punish Shannon without more process first. You must not treat him differently on account of the allegations that have not yet been proven, lest he be deprived of his important interests without due process.” That means (as the U of I’s public statement last week rightly observed) that Shannon must be treated the same “as . . . any other member of the team in good standing, and not [have his] participation limit[ed] based on the . . . allegations” against him.”

Vikram David Amar is a Distinguished Professor of Law at UC Davis School of Law and a Professor of Law and Former Dean at the University of Illinois College of Law on the Urbana-Champaign campus. Immediately prior to taking the position at Illinois in 2015, Amar served as the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and a Professor of Law at the UC Davis School of Law. He has also had teaching stints at three other law schools affiliated with the University of California: the UC Berkeley School of Law; the UCLA School of Law; and UC Hastings College of the Law.
Ironic that this guy sobbing about Shannon playing defends his own program’s victim blaming a middle aged Hispanic fast food worker over simple assault when a key player was needed for a big preseason tournament.

“Nothing to see here”.

Ironic that this guy sobbing about Shannon playing defends his own program’s victim blaming a middle aged Hispanic fast food worker over simple assault when a key player was needed for a big preseason tournament.

“Nothing to see here”.

simpsons-animated-character-ralph-wiggum-im-a-unitard-1akkmqszelsegzkl.webp

Do Rutgers fans even enjoy watching their bball team? Just atrocious offense and hackathon defense. I'd hate to watch that product every game.

Honest question, have they done away with the 5 second lane violation? Watching Purdue and Rutgers, two possessions in a row Edey had at least a foot in the lane for the whole possession.

Do Rutgers fans even enjoy watching their bball team? Just atrocious offense and hackathon defense. I'd hate to watch that product every game.
Greg Pickell is a poor mans Rick Barnes except he doesn't have the talent we have on offense. But he specifically recruits players that are defensive hounds over offensive ability

Honest question, have they done away with the 5 second lane violation? Watching Purdue and Rutgers, two possessions in a row Edey had at least a foot in the lane for the whole possession.
It’s 3 seconds and Edey is incredibly conscious and active about resetting it based on the college rules (which differ from nba).

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Greg Pickell is a poor mans Rick Barnes except he doesn't have the talent we have on offense. But he specifically recruits players that are defensive hounds over offensive ability
Pikiell landed two five-star recruits for next year's team.

Last edited:
We need to start a gofundme for his wife to get out of the trailer park. The way the season is going, she’s getting beaten like a drum.
He continues to say Purdue fans are obsessed about IU but he posts about Purdue a hell of a lot more than any Purdue fan posts about IU. The entire board, including many IU fans, laugh at him.

He continues to say Purdue fans are obsessed about IU but he posts about Purdue a hell of a lot more than any Purdue fan posts about IU. The entire board, including many IU fans, laugh at him.
Dude never watches Purdue play (his claim) but has West Lafayette police blotter memorized 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Sarcasm? Never was a 5 second rule. Also, not sayig Eddey doesn't own real estate at times, BUT----all he has to do is lift/place a foot out, and the 3 second count stops

Reactions: boilerzz
THis PU fans obsessed, or IU fans are, is silly. We all know both fan bases love to see the other suffer. Or at least I do.....If we didn't, well it wouldn't be a rivalry. I just hate it when one fan base tries to act above the other. Its dumb.

The whole “Edey owning real estate in the lane” thing is so incredibly dumb. Ant Wright seems like a douche himself but he’s reviewed like 5 Purdue games on twitter just to point out not once should Edey have been called for 3 sec during said game, going possession by possession, despite the opposing fan base’ claim.

THis PU fans obsessed, or IU fans are, is silly. We all know both fan bases love to see the other suffer. Or at least I do.....If we didn't, well it wouldn't be a rivalry. I just hate it when one fan base tries to act above the other. Its dumb.
Yep. We are posting on the “Rivals” message board. Of course we will talk about our rivals. Just like we talk about every other team in the B1G.

Not in the least but I understand why you guys don’t like being shown as hypocrites.

Keep focusing on IU while your team is awesome. It defines you
The irony is rich considering you post about Purdue on the regular.

Us calling you out for yet another hilarious take doesn’t make us focused on IU. We’d call out similarly bad takes if it was from any other fanbase too. Nothing about IU was even mentioned big guy.

We’re hypocrites when you compared reactions to a rape charge with an “encounter” at McDonalds that was a nothing burger. 11 different lawyers told the employee she had no case because nothing happened. Even for you, that’s quite the stretch to compare the two situations.

The irony is rich considering you post about Purdue on the regular.

Us calling you out for yet another hilarious take doesn’t make us focused on IU. We’d call out similarly bad takes if it was from any other fanbase too. Nothing about IU was even mentioned big guy.

We’re hypocrites when you compared reactions to a rape charge with an “encounter” at McDonalds that was a nothing burger. 11 different lawyers told the employee she had no case because nothing happened. Even for you, that’s quite the stretch to compare the two situations.
What's hypocritical is this dude talking about something that happened years ago for which he clearly doesn't have the facts straight. Meanwhile, he's cheering for a dude who just this offseason got arrested at a Taco Bell for berating employees and resisting arrest.

That incident is considerably fresher and you don't see a single Purdue fan trying to use it to denigrate IU. Hmm....

Reactions: boiler1987
Hey @IUfanBorden, an officiating question for you. I've never seen this occur and am curious. If the ball never crosses midcourt but the player is in the frontcourt, is it over and back? See below for what I mean. Really strange.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT