ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
His boss gave him sounds legal advice which is based on direction from the government?
I look forward to the day when little Johnny’s mom sues the coach and school because the coach didn’t play him. That’s what you are suggesting could happen.

I look forward to the day when little Johnny’s mom sues the coach and school because the coach didn’t play him. That’s what you are suggesting could happen.
The entire premise of the judge’s ruling is that he should be allowed to play into his case is tried. Is it that hard to understand?

Reactions: all4theillini
The entire premise of the judge’s ruling is that he should be allowed to play into his case is tried. Is it that hard to understand?
Allowed or forced to let play? There is a difference.

Looked like Hawkins wasn’t even in the handshake line lol

Collins celebrating is worse though. God that guy sucks.

I’m curious how many other B1G coaches would play him other than Underwood. Just because he CAN play doesn’t mean he SHOULD play. If Shannon played for Purdue, I feel pretty confident Painter wouldn’t play him.

Reactions: MGO2022
I’m curious how many other B1G coaches would play him other than Underwood. Just because he CAN play doesn’t mean he SHOULD play. If Shannon played for Purdue, I feel pretty confident Painter wouldn’t play him.
I’m no lawyer, but all of the lawyers I’ve talked to say that the wording of the judges ruling makes it clear that Shannon is to be treated as if there wasn’t a rape charge. And if he isn’t played as he was before, and Shannon is later found not guilty Shannon could sue the pants off of the school.

We expelled the kid while he waited for trial.
And? There’s now legal precedent that says Wisconsin likely wouldn’t be able to do that again. Duke suspended kids and then lost $20 million in a lawsuit when they were proven innocent.

The entire purpose of the judge’s ruling was that Shannon was not to be treated differently by the athletic department.

Not coming at you, but the ignorance of people on this ruling is laughable. The university is not to interfere with his earning potential. Every coach in conference would be advised by their university’s legal team to play their player in this circumstance, and every coach would listen to them.

The entire purpose of the judge’s ruling was that Shannon was not to be treated differently by the athletic department.

Not coming at you, but the ignorance of people on this ruling is laughable. The university is not to interfere with his earning potential. Every coach in conference would be advised by their university’s legal team to play their player in this circumstance, and every coach would listen to them.
I’m on the innocent until proven guilty side of this and have no problem sleeping. If he’s guilty burn his ass. It would be a shame to convict and punish this man based on an unproven allegation . WTF?

TSJ in 40 minutes against NW: 12pts, 5 TO, 3 assists 3-8 and 1-5 3pt... ball don't lie, lock him up!

it's a joke, Illini fans, don't @ me
I was surprised they didn't go w/ the "shoot em like a horse" chants when he went down.

We never used to do those chants...

• Haha
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
12256840.jpeg

I'd love to throw jabs but I think any coach who can make the jump from college to the nfl will. His stock won't be higher, San Diego is a pretty good situation. NIL and the transfer rules have put god knows how many more hours and stress on to college coaches.

I’m on the innocent until proven guilty side of this and have no problem sleeping. If he’s guilty burn his ass. It would be a shame to convict and punish this man based on an unproven allegation . WTF?
I see the argument from both sides. However, the people that claim they'd ignore a federal judge's ruling are just lying to themselves and/or virtue signaling.

Not so sure. NIL has changed things. Now we are talking about possible infringement of a kids possible earnings.

This. If this happened before NIL, he's not playing. But things have changed. Now you are talking about potentially costing a kid hundreds of thousands of dollars....So the legal side of it changes drastically.

I see the argument from both sides. However, the people that claim they'd ignore a federal judge's ruling are just lying to themselves and/or virtue signaling.
I’ll trust my buddy, who is the managing partner at one of the largest law firms in CincinnatI. He’s supremely confident in his interpretation of what a TRO means and what it doesn’t. There is nothing which requires Underwood to play him in the TRO.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGO2022
I’ll trust my buddy, who is the managing partner at one of the largest law firms in CincinnatI. He’s supremely confident in his interpretation of what a TRO means and what it doesn’t. There is nothing which requires Underwood to play him in the TRO.
He must not be very bright. Because it’s not a TRO.

And a lot of people have their head in the sand.
Having his head in the sand is a person claiming to be a lawyer commenting on something that he clearly didn’t even read because he saw some twitter post calling it a TRO.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Like I said previously, a lot of people that haven’t read anything other than headlines regurgitating ignorance.
Ignorance on one side subjective on the other.

In thend one side claims victory while in reality neither has a clue

Having his head in the sand is a person claiming to be a lawyer commenting on something that he clearly didn’t even read because he saw some twitter post calling it a TRO.
TRO was my term. I didn’t claim to be an attorney. I consulted with a highly respected one.

I used that term because the majority of the media has used that and injunction interchangeably.

Reactions: boiler1987
TRO was my term. I didn’t claim to be an attorney. I consulted with a highly respected one.

I used that term because the majority of the media has used that and injunction interchangeably.
Did your buddy tell you that if it weren’t for Purdue University, Shannon’s case may very well have ended differently? Luckily for Shannon, Purdue being forced to reinstate a student suspended for a rape charge in a previous case built the legal groundwork for Shannon’s case.

I suppose even though the school was forced to reinstate the student, the professors didn’t have to teach him. Yet, they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT