ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire Shannon court ruling is hilarious to read through “suspending him could hurt his NBA draft stock”
His draft stock is already gone. No team is going to draft a guy awaiting trial for raping a teenager. After the season ends he’s going to prison. Illinois should give him his NIzL money however. He’s going to need to pay his legal fees/victim restitution

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
We just going to ignore Juwan Howard raping the men’s basketball program?
Other teams have been taking our basketball program, at this point Michigan basketball butthole is so loose is doesn’t really hurt anymore

Did your buddy tell you that if it weren’t for Purdue University, Shannon’s case may very well have ended differently? Luckily for Shannon, Purdue being forced to reinstate a student suspended for a rape charge in a previous case built the legal groundwork for Shannon’s case.

I suppose even though the school was forced to reinstate the student, the professors didn’t have to teach him. Yet, they did.
Underwood could have been required to coach him but it still didn’t make it a requirement to play him any more than my high school basketball was required to give me minutes.

Reactions: MGO2022
Underwood could have been required to coach him but it still didn’t make it a requirement to play him any more than my high school basketball was required to give me minutes.
Professor of Law at UC Davis and former dean of the Illinois Law school wholeheartedly disagrees and thinks your belief is unsophisticated and misguided.

“But whether or not one agrees with the district court’s ruling as a faithful implementation of the Fourteenth Amendment, Parrish’s criticism reflects an ignorance of law in general, and constitutional law in particular. If you don’t agree with the ruling, you can blame the district court judge, but you certainly can’t blame Coach Brad Underwood for faithfully adhering to the ruling, which is precisely what Underwood is doing. I don’t know which attorneys Parrish has been talking to, but they must not be sophisticated constitutional thinkers or federal court practitioners.

In essence, the district court order says: “You can’t punish Shannon without more process first. You must not treat him differently on account of the allegations that have not yet been proven, lest he be deprived of his important interests without due process.” That means (as the U of I’s public statement last week rightly observed) that Shannon must be treated the same “as . . . any other member of the team in good standing, and not [have his] participation limit[ed] based on the . . . allegations” against him.”

Vikram David Amar is a Distinguished Professor of Law at UC Davis School of Law and a Professor of Law and Former Dean at the University of Illinois College of Law on the Urbana-Champaign campus. Immediately prior to taking the position at Illinois in 2015, Amar served as the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and a Professor of Law at the UC Davis School of Law. He has also had teaching stints at three other law schools affiliated with the University of California: the UC Berkeley School of Law; the UCLA School of Law; and UC Hastings College of the Law.

Harbaugh should’ve been arrested for raping the entire big ten in football for 3 years straight but he’s in California now, might be hard to extradite him

I bet Tyler Wahl is really happy they almost never call the cylinder rule anymore.

====================> )*(
hot-dog-zooming-by.gif

• Haha
Illinois -14.5? Haven't really watched any of them how are they scoring? I just can't fathom them being the 2nd best in the B1G. League is extremely down so should be fun seeing them flounder down the stretch and in the tournament again.

Illinois -14.5? Haven't really watched any of them how are they scoring? I just can't fathom them being the 2nd best in the B1G. League is extremely down so should be fun seeing them flounder down the stretch and in the tournament again.
Round of 32 probably

• Haha
Good luck having to watch Coleman Hawkins’ antics for a couple of hours. #mostpunchableB1Gplayer

Up to -15.5 on Yahoo. Michigan or Indiana as the biggest flop in the conference?

That is a big spread for a non rivalry game

• Love
Reactions: IUBtown
Hard to imagine going an entire game without making a single three pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT