ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone explain the Shannon situation to me like I’m 5. Feels gross but I haven’t followed closely.
Charged with rape.

No video evidence.

No witnesses.

Happened in a crowded bar.

DNA test came back and DNA found was not his or hers.

DA is 0-7 in rape cases. She was elected because she has a very hard stance on rape. Which is fine….but she is not afraid to charge on little or any evidence.

So this is basically a he said she said deal.

Shannon refuses to plead to a leaser charge because he is adamant he didn’t do it and he has no clue who she is.

UofI policy states that he can’t be a part of the team when charged with rape so he is suspended.

Shannon sues the university and its policy. The case gets taken to a federal judge and she agrees with Shannon and forces Illinois to un-suspend Shannon.

Could the university still sit him? Yes. Could Shannon then sue the university? Yes. The university did everything that they were supposed to here. Now they are being forced to reinstate him.

Everyone that has read the files on this knows that the case doesn’t stand a chance unless the prosecution has some type of ace up their sleeves. But that generally isn’t how it works.

The prosecution didn’t release the results of the DNA test. So the defense (they know the results) has now requested those results to be handed over. The DA has another week to hand them over and they will likely use all of that time.

Last edited:
I think it's less about player's getting hurt than one time that an alpha male player in a heightened state of angst has a dumbass student get in his face or even inadvertently bumps him and then the player delivers a forearm shiver or just flat decks the student. Again, I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet and I give kudos to the players for showing restraint in that circumstance.
Getting closer to an ugly situation

Playing a guy who’s currently charged with rape is wild
No, you don’t understand. The charges are all bosheet and they have no choice but to play him because it might hurt his nba draft stock and ability to collect NIL money if he’s held responsible for his actions…

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
Look, Nassar, you are to remain at the back of the line and not speak until spoken to about the Shannon allegations.

Understood?

Excellent.

Oprah Winfrey GIF

Not sure I ever thought I’d see the day when Purdue is favored by 18 over Michigan.

“Give me the fvcking ball.”
-Myles Colvin

This guy needs to be on the court.
Painter has a great quote in the postgame when he was asked about playing time for Colvin. He talked about only having 200 minutes to split amongst everyone and that other guys deserve to play too. Definitely a good problem to have and Colvin’s time will come.

I just can’t get over it.

Another thing I can’t get over is that Brooks Barnhizer is a 20 year old basketball player and not a 40 year old, racist small town sheriff.
So a sheriff and rapist meet at the free throw line…

Reactions: Toast.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT