ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

The last playoff victory before the one 32 years ago (1992) was in 1957. Hard to believe.
As someone who hasn't seen a Final Four for 43 years, I get the pain. No one should have to endure that long of a stretch without postseason success. To have that happen in a league that is built to generate some level of parity is stunning. Obviously, you can point to some level of mismanagement but there's also some bad luck to go that long.

As someone who hasn't seen a Final Four for 43 years, I get the pain. No one should have to endure that long of a stretch without postseason success. To have that happen in a league that is built to generate some level of parity is stunning. Obviously, you can point to some level of mismanagement but there's also some bad luck to go that long.
Bad luck like a Diakite prayer? SMH haha.

• Sad
Reactions: boilerzz
For the Lions, ownership is the common denominator.

Last edited:
This is a really fun team to watch and I respect the hell out of their coach. Really cool that he’s a former Lion too. Good luck!
Yeah, I'm glad we finally have an NFL coach with the balls to trust the analytics on when to go for it on 4th down. It's dumb how many teams give possessions away by playing conservative in opposing territory.

Woof! New AP poll is out. Purdue is #2, Wisky #11 and Illinois #14.

No other B1G team got a single vote. Rough year for the conference.

Early line is Purdue -10.5? Is there an IU player or two not playing that I don't know about?

That line is stupid high if not.

No expectations for the conference going into the tournament so we can’t choke as bad as usual. Chess not checkers

giphy.gif

Early line is Purdue -10.5? Is there an IU player or two not playing that I don't know about?

Shows where our two programs are at the moment. I agree it’s a bit high and wouldn’t be surprised at all with a loss seeing as how we haven’t played well on the road.

Corn Shuckers got a couple votes.

Middle of the BIG going to be as sloppy as last season and as sloppy as a farm animal wandering around West Laffy at 4 in the morning.

Really OSU?

Holtmann has to have the hottest seat in the B1G now, right? Lost 3 straight to drop to 2-4 in conference.

Shows where our two programs are at the moment. I agree it’s a bit high and wouldn’t be surprised at all with a loss seeing as how we haven’t played well on the road.
A single game line is based off the programs? Kenpom is 11pts. That's usually where the Vegas lines are at. I wouldn't touch it with a 10foot pole. We could win or lose by 30.

Really OSU?

Holtmann has to have the hottest seat in the B1G now, right? Lost 3 straight to drop to 2-4 in conference.
I dunno, tbh. He's regressed every year since going 25-9 in his first season. 15-3 in the B10, finishing 2nd. Since?

8th
5th
5th
4th
13th

Never been past 2nd round.

Feel if he was getting canned, it would have been last year----16-19.

If he gets back into the NCAAT, I doubt he's fired.

EDIT---Also, he was OK at Butler. Never saw the big deal with him to start with

And whats even scarier?

Purdue has lost to NW and Nebby…..Illinois just lost at home to Maryland. Wisconsin lost by 13 to Providence---and 25 to Arizona.

Even scarier-----IF IU wins tomorrow, they are alone in 2nd place, and the #2 in the country will be 4-3 in this conference.

IU---in second place. Same IU that was boatraced by UConn and AU. Neded a miracle to beat Morehead fukin State---at home. Struggled with Army, FGCU, etc..

Yeah, rough year indeed.

Vegas is Vegas baby....

IU doesn't have the guards they had last year----Nor TJD, or JHS. Odds makers watch. If not for KU shooting so poorly, they run us out of AH....

With that being said, would not touch that spread at all. Wouldn't be surprised one bit with a PU 10+ point win....But I also wouldn't be shocked by an IU win-----Or a very close game.

And whats even scarier?

Purdue has lost to NW and Nebby…..Illinois just lost at home to Maryland. Wisconsin lost by 13 to Providence---and 25 to Arizona.

Even scarier-----IF IU wins tomorrow, they are alone in 2nd place, and the #2 in the country will be 4-3 in this conference.

IU---in second place. Same IU that was boatraced by UConn and AU. Neded a miracle to beat Morehead fukin State---at home. Struggled with Army, FGCU, etc..

Yeah, rough year indeed.
Losses aren’t scary. Everyone has them. Everyone has multiple losses. It’s just reality these days.

And whats even scarier?

Yeah, rough year indeed.
Purdue easily beating multiple ranked teams and then losing to Big Ten teams can’t really be used to knock the league. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not saying the conference is great this year, but I don’t think it’s particularly bad. And bad compared to what?? Last year? It just is average.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT