ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a conference full of great home court atmospheres (even Minnesota and Northwestern can get loud for big games), it’s astonishing how depressing and sad a Penn State home game is.
Yep. You can hear the janitor saying---"We are out of toilet paper....."

Fun fact....

XJ has more flagrant fouls(2), than made FG's(1), the past three games.

Woooooof

We got absolutely embarrassed last night
I'm missing all kinda of hoops. Busy schedule for me....game Last night. Tonight....Thurs, Fri, Sat---college game on Sunday. Rinse and repeat.

We suck. Its not only gonna be a long year for IU, but a long two years. Next year could be worse.

Fun fact....

XJ has more flagrant fouls(2), than made FG's(1), the past three games.

Woooooof
That flagrant foul was so blatant lol. Just another boneheaded decision by him. Ngl I loved seeing Edey flatten him on that pick. Thought Cupps and Galloway looked solid though. And Mgbako and Ware before foul trouble.

Last edited:
They have three 5*'s.....How many of those do we need?
All in the frontcourt. Again our guards, as a whole, are awful. I like Cupps and Galloway but they're hustle guards, they're not starting B1G guards especially along side each other. If woody needs some blame it's roster construction at this point.

All in the frontcourt. Again our guards, as a whole, are awful. I like Cupps and Galloway but they're hustle guards, they're not starting B1G guards especially along side each other. If woody needs some blame it's roster construction at this point.
Ben Affleck guards are an Iowa staple.

Now I know how Iowa fans feel on an almost nightly basis. Score 83 points and lose.

@hawkit3113

giphy.gif

Yep. The Purdue gameplan was pretty disrespectful to the IU guards. I said it last year and got push back - while Tamar Bates was not a great player, he was a loss for IU from a shooting and scoring perspective.

Given our guards got that treatment a ton a year ago.

Yep. The Purdue gameplan was pretty disrespectful to the IU guards. I said it last year and got push back - while Tamar Bates was not a great player, he was a loss for IU from a shooting and scoring perspective.

We essentially did to IU what FDU did to us. :(

The game plan to neutralize Reneau was really solid. And I think an underrated move was bringing in Morton in the second half to stop Galloway when they cut into the lead which worked out well.

Just wild how they still don’t have shooters.

Updated NET rankings with Q1 records:

3 Purdue (6-2)
15 Wisky (4-3)
16 Illinois (2-3)
20 MSU (2-6)
48 Iowa (0-5)
53 Nebraska (3-3)
50 OSU (1-1)
70 NW (3-3)
88 Michigan (2-3)
91 Rutgers (1-7)
96 Minny (0-2)
97 Maryland (1-2)
102 IU (0-5)
121 PSU (1-3)

Some pundits have 7 B1G teams dancing. I'm just not sure I see it. At this point, there are only 3 teams that should be comfortable and maybe 3 others should should even feel bubble worthy. Is the bubble really that soft this year?

Reactions: Boilermaker03

3 Purdue (6-2)
15 Wisky (4-3)
16 Illinois (2-3)
20 MSU (2-6)
48 Iowa (0-5)
53 Nebraska (3-3)
50 OSU (1-1)
70 NW (3-3)
88 Michigan (2-3)
91 Rutgers (1-7)
96 Minny (0-2)
97 Maryland (1-2)
102 IU (0-5)
121 PSU (1-3)

Some pundits have 7 B1G teams dancing. I'm just not sure I see it. At this point, there are only 3 teams that should be comfortable and maybe 3 others should should even feel bubble worthy. Is the bubble really that soft this year?
There is a lot basketball left to be played.

Last edited:
The game plan to neutralize Reneau was really solid. And I think an underrated move was bringing in Morton in the second half to stop Galloway when they cut into the lead which worked out well.

Just wild how they still don’t have shooters.
Good gameplan and we also have good personnel to throw at Reneau. I was thrilled when he missed his first three badly.

Reactions: boiler1987
I'm missing all kinda of hoops. Busy schedule for me....game Last night. Tonight....Thurs, Fri, Sat---college game on Sunday. Rinse and repeat.

We suck. Its not only gonna be a long year for IU, but a long two years. Next year could be worse.
Depends who leaves. Newton will help in the back court and Cupps will be more developed. McNeely looks to be the real deal.

Depends who leaves. Newton will help in the back court and Cupps will be more developed. McNeely looks to be the real deal.
We still need actual guards. The best thing woody did last night was keep XJ off the ball and limit his minutes.

There is a lot basketball left to be played.
Of course. But we are also more than halfway through the season and most teams are who they are going to be.

If there is one team I'd expect to get things figured out, it's Sparty. But 30% of the way thru the B1G season and your only conference wins thus far are over PSU and Rutgers at home.

Of course. But we are also more than halfway through the season and most teams are who they are going to be.

If there is one team I'd expect to get things figured out, it's Sparty. But 30% of the way thru the B1G season and your only conference wins thus far are over PSU and Rutgers at home.
Post-scoring for MSU has been a significant weak link, as most know. Getting Jaxon Kohler back to full strength should help that.

Reactions: boilerzz
Good news and bad news for some teams regarding remaining schedule difficulty and Q1 opportunities.

3 Purdue (6-2)
15 Wisky (4-3)
16 Illinois (2-3)
20 MSU (2-6)
48 Iowa (0-5)
53 Nebraska (3-3)
50 OSU (1-1)
70 NW (3-3)
88 Michigan (2-3)
91 Rutgers (1-7)
96 Minny (0-2)
97 Maryland (1-2)
102 IU (0-5)
121 PSU (1-3)

Yes, we are being infinitely harder on our conference (compared to an imagined standard) than others. This is only meant as an illustrative example (obviously the Committee doesn’t just go straight down the NET rankings for seeding), but there are 7 Big Ten teams in the top 50 … so 7 Tourney teams shouldn’t be that difficult to see, IMO.

As others said, though, tons of basketball left to play.

That flagrant foul was so blatant lol. Just another boneheaded decision by him. Ngl I loved seeing Edey flatten him on that pick. Thought Cupps and Galloway looked solid though. And Mgbako and Ware before foul trouble.
X is a tool. DUde is checked out.

Mgbako/Ware foul trouble was huge. Especially MM. Then Woody does a Woody, sits them while PU runs out to a 20 point lead, THEN, fukin brings them back in with 3 minutes to go. DA ****? Why? The damage was done. No you risk them getting a third, in a 20 point game. Great coaching there bro.

We still need actual guards. The best thing woody did last night was keep XJ off the ball and limit his minutes.
Newton is really good. He would have helped this team so much----That is, if Woodson would have let him.

I wouldn't mind a back court of Cupps and Newton, at all.

That flagrant foul was so blatant lol. Just another boneheaded decision by him.
I just shook my head. TBH, I was hoping they'd get him with an F2. Idiot. And to think some are complaining about it.

Do what? He fukin chucked him in the chest.....Idiot.

X is a tool. DUde is checked out.

Mgbako/Ware foul trouble was huge. Especially MM. Then Woody does a Woody, sits them while PU runs out to a 20 point lead, THEN, fukin brings them back in with 3 minutes to go. DA ****? Why? The damage was done. No you risk them getting a third, in a 20 point game. Great coaching there bro.
Yeah I think they needed to come back in a lot sooner when we went on that run. Very odd decisions.

I just shook my head. TBH, I was hoping they'd get him with an F2. Idiot. And to think some are complaining about it.

Do what? He fukin chucked him in the chest.....Idiot.
Hopefully he doesn’t get a 7th year next year 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT