ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to try an score a couple of tickets and cheer for you assholes.
Comedy Central No GIF by Drunk History

Appreciate it sir! Zags are tough but hopefully we can knock them off again.
I hope you can make it to the game. The atmosphere in the arena for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games is electrifying. They're still played in regular-sized venues, unlike the Final Four and National Championship games played in football stadiums, which lose some of their charm.

I hope you can make it to the game. The atmosphere in the arena for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games is electrifying. They're still played in regular-sized venues, unlike the Final Four and National Championship games played in football stadiums, which lose some of their charm.
Bummed but I won’t be able to make it this time. Love the DTW airport too btw. It’s awesome.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Why would he leave?
Might not. Who knows? It seems like all of the Badgers are rumored to be leaving. My guess is that Hepburn and Blackwell stay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 left. If that happened…next year could be Gards last.

Might not. Who knows? It seems like all of the Badgers are rumored to be leaving. My guess is that Hepburn and Blackwell stay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 left. If that happened…next year could be Gards last.
I don’t see Chucky or JB leaving. Connor is the least surprising portal entry. Hardly played this year.

They were all rumored last year and only Jordan Davis left.

Maybe Gard will portal himself.

Appreciate it sir! Zags are tough but hopefully we can knock them off again.
Was listening to the radio the other day and they made a comment that Kansas had played Gonzaga 3 times in their history. Crap, Purdue is playing Gonzaga 3 times in 2 years.

Illinois-ISU is a pretty fascinating match up. I think Illinois gets it done - will probably be pretty reliant on how effective Domask is with booty ball as I think ISU will get that game into the half court.
I’m pretty optimistic about that matchup. We play against doubles constantly and pass out very well. Domask and Hawkins both make great reads out of that. ISU is much better at it than anyone we’ve faced, but stylistically and athletically, I think we’re set up well.

I’m pretty optimistic about that matchup. We play against doubles constantly and pass out very well. Domask and Hawkins both make great reads out of that. ISU is much better at it than anyone we’ve faced, but stylistically and athletically, I think we’re set up well.
If I had 1 issue with TSJ, it's that he settles for too many threes at times when I think he could drive it. He's gotta be smart with that against this ISU team - or maybe he just keeps riding this heater.

Crazy how strong the remaining field is. 14 of the 16 are in the top 17 in Kenpom, the other two are #23 Clemson and #52 NC State.

All 1/2s remain, two 3s, and a 4/5 made it in every bracket.

Made for a little less eventful watching on the first weekend, especially with all the blowouts in the round of 32.

As a side note: It felt to me like the schedule on these first 4 days had a ton of downtime in action.

I'm guessing the Saturday/Sunday schedule is always like this - with the first two games being back to back and being the only games going, then they stack the night slot with like 3 games at a time. I don't really like that approach, it'd be better if they staggered games throughout the day.

But specifically Thursday and Friday it felt like there were multiple windows with no basketball or just a single non-compelling game on. Maybe the lack of upsets just made it feel less chaotic/exciting than usual.

But it's setting up to be pretty awesome from here out.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Illinois-ISU is a pretty fascinating match up. I think Illinois gets it done - will probably be pretty reliant on how effective Domask is with booty ball as I think ISU will get that game into the half court.
Yep. KenPom's #1 defense vs KenPom's #1 offense. Who will exert their will over the other. My gut tells me Illinois gets it done.

Secondary question. Assuming UConn keeps rolling, which of these two do you think has a better chance to knock them off? I'm leaning Illini but I'm not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT