ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

I was talking about this to someone the other day. Never would have thought it’d be the little things that have Newman seeing the floor more often than other guys. So happy for him though, I think I’ve touted him as Purdue’s “x-factor” for 3 years now.
Seriously. It was never a difficult formula he could just not execute it. The spark he’s given us is huge.

I was talking about this to someone the other day. Never would have thought it’d be the little things that have Newman seeing the floor more often than other guys. So happy for him though, I think I’ve touted him as Purdue’s “x-factor” for 3 years now.
Newman is 100% your x-factor.

His ability to put pressure on the opponent’s most athletic guard is something neither of your freshman man can replicate.

If he’s hitting like he did vs Illinois, look out

Reactions: boilerzz
Newman is 100% your x-factor.

His ability to put pressure on the opponent’s most athletic guard is something neither of your freshman man can replicate.

If he’s hitting like he did vs Illinois, look out
Think it is him and also Jenkins off the bench if Loyer continues to be cold. He has played great for us.

Newman (and Morton) were really good on Pickett today. 11 pts on 13 shots and only 4 assists with 2 turnovers.

Newman still isn’t hitting a ton of shots but looks like a new guy. Looks like the light has finally come on for him.
Yep. Best he’s been defended all year. I’m not sure why Newman waited until ~80 games into his career to play the lockdown defense he was capable of but I’m glad we are finally seeing it.

Memphis and FAU will both attack Fletcher early and often. I'm hoping he's closer to 10 mpg moving forward.
I’m honestly not that worried about either. The floor for this team is so high and theoretically the refs will call it similar to pre-conference instead of B1G rasslin.

I’m honestly not that worried about either. The floor for this team is so high and theoretically the refs will call it similar to pre-conference instead of B1G rasslin.
Memphis obviously has talent, but I'd still much rather play them as opposed to Arky or Auburn (who were my biggest worry by far).

FAU's resume is shockingly bad for a 9 seed. They played two top 50 games all year - both against #38 North Texas.

Ftr Edey is not the only who does this. This shit just doesn't get called anymore. Dudes set up picnics in the lane nowadays.
it's hilarious how much Edey triggers people.

has there ever been a NPOY that has such a weird narrative around him. he also gets straight up bear hugged in that same sequence lol

it's hilarious how much Edey triggers people.

has there ever been a NPOY that has such a weird narrative around him. he also gets straight up bear hugged in that same sequence lol
and.....? The bear hug (well after the 3 second violation should have been called) is a B1G tackle basketball thing that also needs to stop, but most of us in here have stated that numerous times.

and.....? The bear hug (well after the 3 second violation should have been called) is a B1G tackle basketball thing that also needs to stop, but most of us in here have stated that numerous times.
I meant that was a 3 second, though I think he kinda exited.

But it's just a wild narrative to hear so many people complain about the guy. For a while, it was that he was hacking people but refs wouldn't call it on him (which was funny because pretty much no one challenges him). Then it was 3 seconds.

Tshiebwe was one of the more physical dudes in a while last year and we didn't hear a peep about unfair officiating or something.

I meant that was a 3 second, though I think he kinda exited.

But it's just a wild narrative to hear so many people complain about the guy. For a while, it was that he was hacking people but refs wouldn't call it on him (which was funny because pretty much no one challenges him). Then it was 3 seconds.

Tshiebwe was one of the more physical dudes in a while last year and we didn't hear a peep about unfair officiating or something.
Did you not read my comment under the video?

Ftr Edey is not the only who does this. This shit just doesn't get called anymore. Dudes set up picnics in the lane nowadays.

He's right that Zach was in it for 7 seconds(not the 14 he claims). He'd have been fine (maybe 4 seconds) if he'd have put the shot up. That one is pretty egregious.

But many times people say he's camping when the reality is he's so big, that he will often have one foot in the lane and one out. If he lifts the one foot in the lane off the ground, the count restarts. There is no imaginary line that extends into the air like the goal line in football.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
He's right that Zach was in it for 7 seconds(not the 14 he claims). He'd have been fine (maybe 4 seconds) if he'd have put the shot up. That one is pretty egregious.

But many times people say he's camping when the reality is he's so big, that he will often have one foot in the lane and one out. If he lifts the one foot in the lane off the ground, the count restarts. There is no imaginary line that extends into the air like the goal line in football.
hE’s OnLy GoOd CuZ hE’s TaLl

Lifting your foot doesn't count as exiting the lane.

When the fvck did the men change the rule to one out means out of the lane, that’s so dumb everybody else you need both out. And he still camped in the lane for like 10 seconds in that video, so it’s a moot point.
What about all the off ball fouls on him with dudes actively shoving him with two arms and putting knees up his @ss? Or all the times they actively grab an arm so he has to go up for one handed rebounds (Northwestern was the worst on this. It’s jot as if Edey wants to actively go for boards with one hand). Overall, Edey gets an awful whistle. Thank gawd B1G rasslin is over. Let’s get back to non-conference neutral court calls.

• Haha
live look at @bMORE607 right now

walter-john-goodman.gif

What about all the off ball fouls on him with dudes actively shoving him with two arms and putting knees up his @ss? Or apl the times they actively grab an arm so he has to go up for one handed rebounds? Overall, Edey gets an awful whistle.
Just doing the standard oil check.

For most guys, fingers will do, for Edey, it's knees.

• Haha
Reactions: VulvHa
When the fvck did the men change the rule to one out means out of the lane, that’s so dumb everybody else you need both out. And he still camped in the lane for like 10 seconds in that video, so it’s a moot point.
Not sure when the rule was changed but as a fan of a team with a dominant center, I'm glad it was. And it was 7 seconds in that video and absolutely a violation.

But as you say, it's rarely policed unless someone is truly stationary in the lane. I think the fact that Zach was moving and received a pass and made a move made the ref miss the call.

What about all the off ball fouls on him with dudes actively shoving him with two arms and putting knees up his @ss? Or all the times they actively grab an arm so he has to go up for one handed rebounds (Northwestern was the worst on this. It’s jot as if Edey wants to actively go for boards with one hand). Overall, Edey gets an awful whistle. Thank gawd B1G rasslin is over. Let’s get back to non-conference neutral court calls.
Where in that video was he fouled before what should have been a 3 second violation? He was bear hugged like 10 seconds into the lane

If you would have told me before the year that Purdue would win the big ten outright by 3 games, win the big ten tournament, secure a 1 seed in the ncaa tournament after losing Ivey, Trevion, Sasha, etc. I would have said YOURE FVCKGING RIGHT BABY! That’s just what Matt Painter does! suck on this fat Purdue cock bitches.
And then lose to Memphis.....

Where in that video was he fouled before what should have been a 3 second violation? He was bear hugged like 10 seconds into the lane
Watch the replay of NW and your last game against Purdue. So happy B1G rasslin is over with.

Last edited:
I literally know nothing else about Drake, so that makes sense.

I did read that Miami has a pretty big piece that got hurt against Duke.
Miami isn’t actually a horrible matchup for Drake, they’re terrible defensively and one of their few competent defenders got injured this weekend like you mentioned. Yes, Miami has nba players on their roster, but Devries is an nba prospect as well and Miami has no one who can guard him. It wouldn’t shock me at all to see Drake win that game

Reactions: Toast.
ADVERTISEMENT