ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factually inaccurate. Nassar shit had a thread with hundreds of comments.

There were 9 MSU posters that showed up when Simpson missed curfew. All of you lost your shit. None of you can admit Appling should’ve been suspended even if just for a game.

There’s a reason a bystander Indiana fan is calling you out.

Let’s try again: Should Appling have been suspended a game when his roommate and teammate said the girl said no and tried to leave but Appling didn’t let her?

You’ve defended Appling’s privilege to play every game despite his roommate and teammate corroborating the victims story.

Appling tried to have sex with a female in his dorm. She said “no” and tried to leave. He blocked the exit. She said this. His roommate and eye witness said this.

He never sat a minute.

Zavier Simpson sat more for missing curfew than Appling did.

When you can admit that Appling should’ve been suspended for conduct unbecoming of an athlete people might take you seriously.
No charges were ever filed and it was months before the season. What’s the suspension there? 3 games off because of accused rape? It’s an all of nothing type of deal, and I think suspending all when no legal action was ever brought against him isn’t the right move from a coaches perspective. Don’t want to defend Appling here and not trying to do that. You just always bring up he never sat, but I just don’t understand the rationale there.

There were 9 MSU posters that showed up when Simpson missed curfew. All of you lost your shit. None of you can admit Appling should’ve been suspended even if just for a game.

There’s a reason a bystander Indiana fan is calling you out.

Let’s try again: Should Appling have been suspended a game when his roommate and teammate said the girl said no and tried to leave but Appling didn’t let her?
You legit just lied and then turned it around. Read my post above this.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
How tf did me bringing up the biggest sexual abuse case in college sports history turn back into me talking about the same thing with Hail for the the past few years.

No charges were ever filed and it was months before the season. What’s the suspension there? 3 games off because of accused rape? It’s an all of nothing type of deal, and I think suspending all when no legal action was ever brought against him isn’t the right move from a coaches perspective. Don’t want to defend Appling here and not trying to do that. You just always bring up he never sat, but I just don’t understand the rationale there.

Do you think Payne was lying when he told police the girl said “no” and tried to leave but Appling blocked her exit?

The suspension is for conduct unbecoming of an athlete. Just because there may or may not have been enough evidence to charge someone of rape doesn’t mean Appling didn’t do anything wrong. His teammate and roommate verified the victims story that she said no and tried to leave.

How tf did me bringing up the biggest sexual abuse case in college sports history turn back into me talking about the same thing with Hail for the the past few years.

Because you can’t even admit Izzo handled Appling wrong and you expect people to take you serious when complaining about Michigan.

Speaking of charges, what was Simpson charged with?

Ooooh you mean coaches can discipline kids for conduct unbecoming of an athlete (breaking curfew, not letting a girl leave after she tells you “no”)? Crazy concept.

Do you think Payne was lying when he told police the girl said “no” and tried to leave but Appling blocked her exit?

The suspension is for conduct unbecoming of an athlete. Just because there may or may not have been enough evidence to charge someone of rape doesn’t mean Appling didn’t do anything wrong. His teammate and roommate verified the victims story that she said no and tried to leave.
I just feel like you don’t suspend for 1 game over something like that. It’s all or nothing.

Yikes

As a father of 22 and 19 year old girls, IMO the Appling/Payne situation goes far beyond whether charges were filed. Every school has an Athlete’s Code of Conduct for a reason and if it’s not apparent to you that Appling and Payne violated it, I hope you don’t have daughters.

As a father of 22 and 19 year old girls, IMO the Appling/Payne situation goes far beyond whether charges were filed. Every school has an Athlete’s Code of Conduct for a reason and if it’s not apparent to you that Appling and Payne violated it, I hope you don’t have daughters.
Yeah I think you’re right. Appling did I don’t think Payne did, he stopped when she said.

I do have daughters.

Reactions: boilerzz
You guys are probably right. A 1 game suspension feels weird for a circumstance like this but a punishment was probably necessary even with no legal action.

I just feel like you don’t suspend for 1 game over something like that. It’s all or nothing.

Do you think Payne was lying when he confirmed that the girl said “No” to Appling and tried to leave but he wouldn’t let her?

Maybe the cops didn’t think they could prove rape in court, but unless you think the victim AND Appling’s friend were lying you can…. At the very least…. Conclude that Appling wasn’t upholding Spartan conduct.

Yeah I think you’re right. Appling did I don’t think Payne did, he stopped when she said.

I do have daughters.

You think Appling violated the code of conduct? But don’t think that a coach can sit someone a game for that?

Can you remind me what Zavier Simpson was charged with?

Moving on to basketball discussion. fvcking Wisconsin just keeps finding ways to win, don't they? The have the easiest schedule remaining among the contenders so they are now a clear threat to capture a B1G title even tho they are probably the 6th or 7th most talented team in the conference.

Speaking of charges, what was Simpson charged with?

Ooooh you mean coaches can discipline kids for conduct unbecoming of an athlete (breaking curfew, not letting a girl leave after she tells you “no”)? Crazy concept.
I don't think anyone was laughing at the curfew part, it was the driving the ADs car into a telephone pole while drunk part that got me.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
I don't think anyone was laughing at the curfew part, it was the driving the ADs car into a telephone pole while drunk part that got me.
Wait Simpson? Who is that? I thought it was Jeff Jackson who took the wifes AD car without him knowing about it.

• Haha
Honestly don’t give a shit about what he did. All police cover shit up for college players. You don’t find it funny he was drunk, crashed a car into a pole, left the scene and then lied about his name to the police .

The “he wasn’t charged” defense is the Appling defense. Does it hold water for Simpson?

Has anyone commented on the Illini's record with and without Curbelo?

With Curbelo: 2-4
Without Curbelo: 13-1

The only game they lost without his services was closely contested game against Arizona. And the only wins with him in the lineup, were to Arkansas State and Kansas State. Am I reading too much into this?

Has anyone commented on the Illini's record with and without Curbelo?

With Curbelo: 2-4
Without Curbelo: 13-1

The only game they lost without his services was closely contested game against Arizona. And the only wins with him in the lineup, were to Arkansas State and Kansas State. Am I reading too much into this?
No you aren’t. He sucks.

just got synergy again. It’s $30/mo, so I’ll probably only keep it 1-2 months. PM me if you want to see a player’s info, and I’ll screenshot it for you.

@dukedevilz, I know you’re probably interested, so you’re welcome to request too.

I can't send you a PM. But, maybe you could just send screenshots of some of the more interesting stats? I've never had a subscription before, but don't they break a player down into what percentile they are nationally for ppp on virtually every metric?

Moving on to basketball discussion. fvcking Wisconsin just keeps finding ways to win, don't they? The have the easiest schedule remaining among the contenders so they are now a clear threat to capture a B1G title even tho they are probably the 6th or 7th most talented team in the conference.
giphy.gif

How is this different than any other year in the past 22? Save for a couple years, we've always had middling talent but basketball is a team game. The recipe is simple. Don't foul, don't turn it over, and make free throws. Play a little defense. It's not rocket surgery.

Reactions: WheelerG
Luckiest team in the country is Providence, though. 10-0 in games that are decided by 9 points or less.

To be fair, Providence is simultaneously the unluckiest program, as they're the only P6 school that has NEVER won a regular season conference or division title.

How is this different than any other year in the past 22? Save for a couple years, we've always had middling talent but basketball is a team game. The recipe is simple. Don't foul, don't turn it over, and make free throws. Play a little defense. It's not rocket surgery.
Honestly, the results had been mixed on that front with Gard. He did okay the first couple of years with some of Bo's guys but the last 4 years (prior to this) that he had his own guys, he's had 2 great years, a mediocre year and a poor year. Until Johnny Davis' emergence, I expected this year to be mediocre at best.

Honestly, the results had been mixed on that front with Gard. He did okay the first couple of years with some of Bo's guys but the last 4 years (prior to this) that he had his own guys, he's had 2 great years, a mediocre year and a poor year. Until Johnny Davis' emergence, I expected this year to be mediocre at best.
People can’t handle it when their expectations aren’t met. I had zero expectations this year. Was going to accept w/e they were and enjoy it because last year was so very unenjoyable watching those seniors bitch out all the time.

Reactions: WheelerG
Luckiest team in the country is Providence, though. 10-0 in games that are decided by 9 points or less.

To be fair, Providence is simultaneously the unluckiest program, as they're the only P6 school that has NEVER won a regular season conference or division title.
Yikes on point 2. That is so bad.

Luckiest teams in the B1G:

7 Wisconsin
83 Minnesota
99 MSU
122 OSU
134 Illinois
135 Rutgers
166 Purdue
193 IU
202 Maryland
221 PSU
258 Michigan
278 Iowa
308 Nebraska
356 Northwestern

Wisky and NW are the obvious extreme outliers here. I do think luck is a bad term. Coaching and experience are factors that impact a team's ability to close out tight games. Wisky, MSU and OSU have good coaching. Minnesota is crazy old. On the other end, NW has this guy:

chris-collins-northwestern.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT